Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2009, 18:03   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
That looks like one of the best preserved scoots around. Congratulations.

Shall gladly give you details on the fuel tank from my scooter two weeks later when I return home.
Hello Karl ji,
Just a reminder about that Fuel Tank details of " Fanta..lus !!

ps: If you are good at drawing,....plz do it & mark the dimentions OR else plz find the sketch posted here ( orthographic projection of Feul tank), you may mark the dimensions of the tank.
pps: Have ordered fo a similar "E warts tap",.!!!!
** @ Trammaylease:.....that Annamalayr stuff !!
Attached Thumbnails
Enfield Fantabulus?-images.jpg  

Old 9th May 2009, 18:11   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertwin View Post
Hello Karl ji,
Just a reminder about that Fuel Tank details of " Fanta..lus
Greetings

My cousin will undertake the herculean task of restoring my scooter from next week onwards, wehn he will proceed to dismantle the bits. When the tank is out, I shall take detailed photographs and mark all dimensions for your benefit. Do bear with me for a week. Perhaps after that I can trouble you to give me dimensions for the seat and frame which I need to make.
Old 10th May 2009, 17:03   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Greetings

My cousin will undertake the herculean task of restoring my scooter from next week onwards, I can trouble you to give me dimensions for the seat and frame which I need to make.
Thats it !!
Fant RUSTic troubles are always welcome!!
Think you have asked for a "Fantabulus User Manual" with some one,. Okies
just pm your postal address, I'll send you User manual & a simple parts catalogue,atleast it will be useful to your Cousin in this project.
Awaiting see your F'lus at its best after restoration.
Cheers!!!
ps: I'll take my scoot for restoration, only after completing my Ape' & James ml projects.....so no problem
Old 19th May 2009, 20:23   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
Fantastic Now how did u manage this?
With help of our friends

Now one more "O.E" part....the FUEL TAP of Fanta'lus
Attached Thumbnails
Enfield Fantabulus?-sdc11081.jpg  

Enfield Fantabulus?-sdc11082.jpg  

Old 24th May 2009, 22:35   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

powertwin -that OE fuel tap is fabulous. Seems like the Fantabulus will emerge finally as a showroom example.
Old 1st June 2009, 21:16   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
powertwin -that OE fuel tap is fabulous. Seems like the Fantabulus will emerge finally as a showroom example.
Though busy with my Ape' & James ml project...Have almost sourced out very few missing parts ( Fuel Tank is expected to reach me by course of this week)
@ all.. 'am posting some pics from the manual & the parts I have sourced for my Fanta'....s.

& now the parts I have sourced
to me that "Siba-Dyna starter Rotor" & that gear pedal rubbers, seems to be my best find in this project !!! ( I never imagined of getting a VIRGIN Siba rotor in India !!!)

ps: Those parts circled are the ones, i got it recently ( & some I had it before itself)
pps: That "Cush rubber & brake shoes are of RE Bull only
Attached Thumbnails
Enfield Fantabulus?-fantabulus.jpg  

Enfield Fantabulus?-rear-wheel-unit.jpg  

Enfield Fantabulus?-fantabulus-clutch.jpg  

Enfield Fantabulus?-rubber.jpg  

Enfield Fantabulus?-sdc11214.jpg  

Enfield Fantabulus?-sdc11215.jpg  

Enfield Fantabulus?-sdc11216.jpg  

Old 1st June 2009, 23:20   #112
Senior - BHPian

@powertwin

Here is what you know the condition of the tank that I removed from the long standing (25 years) fandabulus for your project. Hopefully tomorrow i will courier it to you.

My best wishes for your scooter project.
Enfield Fantabulus?-image007.jpg

Enfield Fantabulus?-image008.jpg

Enfield Fantabulus?-image009.jpg

Enfield Fantabulus?-image010.jpg
Old 2nd June 2009, 09:50   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, that is quite a haul. This scooter will be one to watch out for. We are starting to dismantle my scooter this week, when I was sending you dimensions of my fuel tank. Lucky you, you got a whole original unit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
Here is what you know the condition of the tank that I removed from the long standing (25 years) fandabulus for your project. Hopefully tomorrow i will courier it to you.
Is it possible for me to get the seat frame for my scoot? I don't have one. Pretty please?!
Old 2nd June 2009, 17:38   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it possible for me to get the seat frame for my scoot? I don't have one. Pretty please?!

I would love to get it for you, however please be reminded it took more than a month for me to convince that scooter owner to part away with the petrol tank.

As they are using the scooter as bench in their work shop now the seat plate becomes vital part in the bench and not sure if he really will agree. I will try my level best, but please accept my advance apologies if my trials to get it for you fails.

This guys is really tough to get convinced, let me see how it turns out.
Old 2nd June 2009, 20:42   #115
BHPian

Quote:
@powertwin

Here is what you know the condition of the tank that I removed from the long standing (25 years) FANTABULUS for your project. Hopefully tomorrow i will courier it to you.

My best wishes for your scooter project
Thank you so much !! for the Fantastic Tank (?)
....... Iam not really scared about this fuel tank s, have laid hands on worst fuel tanks before!!!
will post some tank pics from my previous projects.
Thank you so much !!
ps: @ sudharma : sir, I have posted "Fantabulus exploded veiw pics" for you
specially .....any thing from your side ???
pps: @ all Bhpians : this is what......happens, when you are at team-BHP.
Cheers!!!

Note from Mods : Please try to use punctuation properly. You must take a look at this thread (Expected Posting Etiquette) for details. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd June 2009 at 14:12. Reason: Please see the note that has been put at the end of your post by the Support Team.
Old 2nd June 2009, 23:14   #116
BHPian

Wow that seat plate looks to be in a real good condition from both sides. Hope it goes on either of the scooters that are being restored. Im sure MKK or Karl would be more than happy to replace it with a nice cushioned chair for that gentleman or if his derriere so desires a motorbike one, we could get him one of those bucket seats with a back rest
Old 3rd June 2009, 09:32   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As they are using the scooter as bench in their work shop now the seat plate becomes vital part in the bench and not sure if he really will agree. I will try my level best, but please accept my advance apologies if my trials to get it for you fails.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
Wow that seat plate looks to be in a real good condition from both sides. Hope it goes on either of the scooters that are being restored. Im sure MKK or Karl would be more than happy to replace it with a nice cushioned chair for that gentleman or if his derriere so desires a motorbike one, we could get him one of those bucket seats with a back rest
Oh absolutely, I was about to suggest something along those lines

Thanks for trying, no worries.
Old 17th June 2009, 21:49   #118
Senior - BHPian

one more Fantabulous

In an attempt to get some more missing parts for my Bobby I found a Fantabulous parked at my friend's place. This bike is not for sale, however I wanted to record the available fantabulous scooters in India. Hence the picture for viewing pleasure.

Enfield Fantabulus?-image000.jpg

Enfield Fantabulus?-image001.jpg

Enfield Fantabulus?-image002.jpg

Enfield Fantabulus?-image003.jpg

Enfield Fantabulus?-image004.jpg

Enfield Fantabulus?-image005.jpg

Enfield Fantabulus?-image007.jpg

Enfield Fantabulus?-image008.jpg

Last edited by trammway : 17th June 2009 at 21:52.
Old 18th June 2009, 14:05   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In an attempt to get some more missing parts for my Bobby I found a Fantabulous parked at my friend's place. This bike is not for sale, however I wanted to record the available fantabulous scooters in India. Hence the picture for viewing pleasure.
This bike has been discussed earlier on the forum as well. I think she came form Kolhapur. Very nice scoot. It was offered to me for sale some time back, out of my budget at the time, and today as well. But in retrospect I should have followed it up.
Old 18th June 2009, 14:17   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This bike has been discussed earlier on the forum as well. I think she came form Kolhapur. Very nice scoot. It was offered to me for sale some time back, out of my budget at the time, and today as well. But in retrospect I should have followed it up.

Ah... I don't know how many hands this scooter has jumped in a short time. After posting this picture when I was talking to powertwin, he stated that the same scooter was featured in an article in Hindu new paper(Dec 20, 2006), the person posing on the article is not my friend.

The Hindu : Metro Plus Chennai / Wheels : A Bullet in scooter's clothing

Now, you are referring the deal had happen in Kolhapur. WoW When was it put on deal in Kolhapur ? Is it after or before the hindu article mentioned above ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks