Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2009, 01:23   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
Probably they are wholesalers or just interested in selling their stuff to the "outsiders." I have come across quite a few Indian scooter restorers, who just wouldn't want to interact if they know ur a local, I mean an Indian.
I've come across a couple of such dealers- one of them based at bannerghatta, Bangalore. I'd called them up once a few years ago, when I had a Vijai Super, to find out about new parts. The guy sounded evasive and abrupt, saying that they don't stock any parts and cut the call.
Old 11th January 2009, 03:05   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
I did contact them once by email. No response from them!
Quote:
I've come across a couple of such dealers- one of them based at bannerghatta, Bangalore. I'd called them up once a few years ago, when I had a Vijai Super, to find out about new parts. The guy sounded evasive and abrupt, saying that they don't stock any parts and cut the call.
I was told about one such dealer before at the same place. This is what I want to do so most of these guys

Here is another list that I saved up some time ago..

Scooter Part Manufacturers,Scooter Part Manufacturer,Scooter Part Manufacturers from India.

Cheers
Old 12th January 2009, 13:46   #198
Senior - BHPian

Hi,I found some old photographs of our Vijay Super, will scan & upload shortly.I am on a trip to Nainital this month end so will try and see if I can buy back the Scooter from the curent owner.
Old 13th January 2009, 00:48   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Hi,I found some old photographs of our Vijay Super, will scan & upload shortly.I am on a trip to Nainital this month end so will try and see if I can buy back the Scooter from the curent owner.
Incidentally, a friend of mine who'd been to Nainital once told me that Vijais are modified into auto-ricks there- the rear is chopped off and a rickshaw type body is welded on there (similar to the Harley "phat-phati" taxis in Delhi?), they being found most suitable for climbing the hilly roads!

So do get pics. of those also if they are indeed around.
Old 13th January 2009, 11:20   #200
BHPian

Propose To Initiative Actions To Ban Exports

Hello Team-bhpians,

As a responsible citizen of this country I wish to propose actions to initiate a governmental ban on the export of vintage and classic two wheelers from India. After all thats our heritage and why should citizens of other countries benefit from that. There is such a ban on export of 4 wheelers and that ensures that old cars don't go out although some unscrupulous people who have no love for cars still manage to send them by pieces after dismantling.

A fully restored Lambretta Li model sells for 4500 pounds in UK!

So a hoard of scrap dealers and so called collectors buy them at scrap value here in INdia and send them overseas to UK, Spain, Italy, Vietnam and USA and make a killing on every scooter. They sell "presumably" scrap machines for as high as 800 pounds!

Team-bhp Seniors should take it up as an issue with the concerned and relevant ministries and enforce this ban. Lets start a movement against such exports and people who are skinning this country off its heritage. This is criminal.

I request you all to spread awareness and start this movement.

I will do all that I can in Delhi for this.

Cheers!

Saurabh
Old 13th January 2009, 11:34   #201
Senior - BHPian

Hi, I think your friend must be talking about Haldwani which is on the foothills of Nainital about 40 Kms away, thre I have seen a couple of these contraptions hooked to a rickshaw carrying Gas Cylenders. (difficult to confirm the origin since there is absolutely no body left only the front suspension & the engine).

The hills of Nainital are quiet steep & the only place the pedal rickshaws run is the Mall Road.

There is a LML modified into a Gas Cylender carrier in Dwarka (New Delhi) also.

I will try to get some photographs next time I am in Haldwani / Delhi.

The Haley Phatphatis of Old Delhi were a class of their own I still remember the burley Sardarji's who road them like stallions ferring people from the Kashmiri Gate to Old delhi railwat station.

Quote:
Incidentally, a friend of mine who'd been to Nainital once told me that Vijais are modified into auto-ricks there- the rear is chopped off and a rickshaw type body is welded on there (similar to the Harley "phat-phati" taxis in Delhi?), they being found most suitable for climbing the hilly roads!

So do get pics. of those also if they are indeed around.
Old 19th January 2009, 12:13   #202
BHPian

My Stock Vijai Super Mar 2

This Is 1984 Vijai Super Stock Only Done 8000kms This Goes At 80kmh On 3rd Gear.
Old 19th January 2009, 16:53   #203
Senior - BHPian

Vijay Super packed a lot of punch & could go up to 100+ Kmh on good straight roads, the Bajaj's were no match for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambrttacollect View Post
This Is 1984 Vijai Super Stock Only Done 8000kms This Goes At 80kmh On 3rd Gear.
Old 11th March 2009, 19:59   #204
Senior - BHPian

Lambretta for sale in thrissur

Lamby for sale in kerala. I hope you already know it, if not, here is the link
lamby 4 sale - Thrissur - Everything Else. contact 9947768333
Old 17th March 2009, 17:08   #205
BHPian

Lambretta Parts

Hi Team,

Have come across a treasure trove of Lambretta parts! Amazing collection of all detailing parts, eletricals, engine parts, gearbox parts, just about anything.

There are these exporters who send it out to UK and US. Due to recession they are selling parts to their contacts in the local markets in limited quantities as they dont get the same price margin as they would overseas. Just about anything you need. Little on the expensive side but wonderful stuff!

Stanher just got his treasure chest - has been sent to him today.

If anyone needs something let me know.

Cheers!
Old 22nd March 2009, 19:17   #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA7VA5 View Post
Hi Team,

Have come across a treasure trove of Lambretta parts! Amazing collection of all detailing parts, eletricals, engine parts, gearbox parts, just about anything.

There are these exporters who send it out to UK and US. Due to recession they are selling parts to their contacts in the local markets in limited quantities as they dont get the same price margin as they would overseas. Just about anything you need. Little on the expensive side but wonderful stuff!

Stanher just got his treasure chest - has been sent to him today.

If anyone needs something let me know.

Cheers!
Hi,

Can u please PM me the link.
Old 23rd March 2009, 13:05   #207
BHPian

How to order parts

Hi There,

No link here mate! How it works is that you send me the list of parts that you want and I will find out what is available here. For whatever is available I will let you know the price and you give me a confirmation to pick it up for you.

You transfer the money and I will have the parts picked up and courier them to you.

Let me know.

Cheers.

Saurabh
Old 24th March 2009, 19:35   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is a Lambretta picture that amused me.
Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-lambretta.jpg
Old 24th March 2009, 22:32   #209
BHPian

overkill

This picture is a gross overkill of lights on the machine...makes the scoot look UHHGLYYYY!

Old 24th March 2009, 23:00   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Here is a Lambretta picture that amused me.
Attachment 115744
This was a popular accessory for "dressing" up a Lambretta in the 60s, when there was this youth cult in the UK called the "Mods" (no, not our team bhp mods! ) who drove mainly Lambrettas and Vespas:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mod_(lifestyle)

And cramming up the front of the scooter with such spotlights/bullet lights was a common fashion statement, especially for them. They even put crashbars, flyscreens, more rearview mirrors than necessary.....you could expect a lot of *bling bling*!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks