Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2009, 15:53   #271
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
I thought it was in Bhandup (suburb of Bombay?)
They also had a plant in Aurangabad, probably making spares. They were major suppliers of clutch/brake systems to Premier and HM.

An endearing story here

The Hindu : Metro Plus Chennai / Wheels : Brothers in Lambretta
Old 7th July 2009, 23:15   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
They also had a plant in Aurangabad, probably making spares.
BUt i am sure there plenty of Lambretta parts floating around in Aurangabad, next time I come there we will go scouting.
Old 17th July 2009, 00:19   #273
Senior - BHPian

As promised earlier I am posting this pic of my Lamby which I intend to restore however, I am inclined for the Lambretta LI series as they have beautiful large front mudgaurd. Can I put one on this scooter would it be right ?. This scooter is on original paint however side panels are showing the traces of rust ( I will soon post elaborate pictures in a day or two). I also wanted advice from seniors as where can I get the spares as the engine is completely seized, I am not sure what is needed until it is opened. I also need the beadings for the front panel, side panels, tail lamp cover. Please advice .
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-lamby.jpg  

Old 17th July 2009, 11:02   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
As promised earlier I am posting this pic of my Lamby which I intend to restore however, I am inclined for the Lambretta LI series as they have beautiful large front mudgaurd. Can I put one on this scooter would it be right ?. This scooter is on original paint however side panels are showing the traces of rust ( I will soon post elaborate pictures in a day or two). I also wanted advice from seniors as where can I get the spares as the engine is completely seized, I am not sure what is needed until it is opened. I also need the beadings for the front panel, side panels, tail lamp cover. Please advice .
I think most Series 2 Rubber parts should fit the Lamby 150, Its best to import these rubber kits mostly from england as the quality of these is much superior to the kits available here. try Casa Lambretta
Old 17th July 2009, 11:28   #275
BHPian

Need suggestion

Hi Lambretta Enthusiasts,
I had started reconditioning my Mark - I Vijaisuper's engine all by myself at home. I need a small suggestion in this regard.
The chain case in my scooter did not have a kick start cam for retracting the kick start piston. Neither did it have those 3 holes or studs for placing a cam. I would like to know if that part is really that significant, and invest some time on tapping 3 holes and putting up one? Is there any specific reason why it was not there when it was manufactured. Is that a differece between the Mark - I and Mark - II? Was the chain case in mark - II modified to accomodate a kick start cam?
Guys please tell me what I shoudl do. Thanks in advance.

Attached a few pics I took while dismatling the engine. Later I had removed all bearings & the crank shaft, and given it a wash. Looks a bit better now. Will spend the coming week on putting it back.
-Ilango
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc01973.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc01974.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc01975.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc01976.jpg  

Old 17th July 2009, 22:40   #276
Senior - BHPian

Here are some more pictures...............
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-lamby1.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-lamby2.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-lamby3.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-lamby4.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-lamby5.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-lamby6.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-lamby7.jpg  

Old 18th July 2009, 00:18   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As promised earlier I am posting this pic of my Lamby which I intend to restore however, I am inclined for the Lambretta LI series as they have beautiful large front mudgaurd.
I also wanted advice from seniors as where can I get the spares as the engine is completely seized, I am not sure what is needed until it is opened. I also need the beadings for the front panel, side panels, tail lamp cover. Please advice .
Nice to see pics. of your scoot at last. This is in Hyd. itself, right?

Your lamby looks all-original! You're lucky it still has the side-dome "wing" badge (both sides?)- very rare to find a Lamby with those still intact.
Also yours seems to be an early model with the stepney tyre mounted slant- the later ones had it mounted vertically although the bracket had provision to be fitted horizontally too.

As for the engine, you'll need to change the piston, bore and maybe head if it's all seized.

Why have you cricled the badges btw? Any questions reg. those?

I second amol reg. the rubbers- casa lambretta is a tad expensive (relative) although possibly the best in Lambretta parts.
Tail-lamp lens etc. can be had from scooter palace, Ramkoti, Hyd. I even have a few available with me. Interesting to see yours withthe original API logo on it- if only it had been intact!
Also your carb seems to be a Micarb from a Vijai Super, as seen from the shape of the air-filter hose.

Incidentally, jusst for some eye-candy, here's a Lamby just come to my scoot mechanic for restoration.

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-lambyft.jpg

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-img_3359.jpg

I noticed this unusual horncast badge on it, unlike the normal API ones. Even your Lamby seems to have it. 'cant make out what it says as its totally faded and opaque. Anyone who knows?

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-img_3358.jpg

Last edited by Stanher : 18th July 2009 at 00:31.
Old 18th July 2009, 11:15   #278
Senior - BHPian

Hi, you have got almost the complete original lamby.

Are you already restoring it ? Waiting for the pics as it progresses.
Quote:
Here are some more pictures...............

Last edited by m_upreti : 18th July 2009 at 11:21.
Old 22nd July 2009, 17:13   #279
BANNED

Hi am SUJITH from Bangalore
i have a S150 Lambretta 1965 model
i need some parts like the rubber manifold from Airfilter to carb.
monograms.....

Hey can some one also give me a spare S150 manual/ or xerox of it.

Does one know a Mechanic in Bangalore for Lambretta.
Turstworthy, reliable and experienced with Lambrettas?
please do help some one

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 22nd July 2009 at 18:03. Reason: please read the note in post, thanks.
Old 22nd July 2009, 17:59   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
Hi Sujith. I am not familiar with S 150 model, was it imported? Do share some pictures with us.
Old 22nd July 2009, 19:48   #281
Senior - BHPian

Thanks M_upreti, I have not yet started the restoration as I am waiting for a good mechanic, denter, moreover I wanted it to be done completely to the core, luckly as its is original hoping I may not face any hurdles, its in the planning process... looking for colour patterns, spares etc.

I really love the project of Stanhers (Shyam's) its really fantastic to see someone taking so much care and attention to each and every detail, Shyam please post few pictures restless to see the outcome. I am trying to grasp as much as possible from the thread and experts experiences and will start of one fine day....promise you all the restoration process of my lamby would be in detail (verbally and with the pictures).
Old 22nd July 2009, 20:09   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
Hi am SUJITH from Bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Hi Sujith. I am not familiar with S 150 model, was it imported? Do share some pictures with us.
Neither am I. I think he means SX 150, in which case, luckily for him, its an imported model!

Quote:
I really love the project of Stanhers (Shyam's) its really fantastic to see someone taking so much care and attention to each and every detail, Shyam please post few pictures restless to see the outcome.
Thank you chanu! However, my work is yet not near as impeccable as Saurabh (SA7VA5), check out his 1968 Lambretta resto thread! I'm sure he is the right model for the rest of us.

As for my scoot, well I'm afraid I'll have to momentarily re-register it as WIP 4713, considering the state of things for now! :(

A bend in the rear body frame needs to be corrected and I intend to get the scoot running first, so I can drive it down to the denter's and get it corrected. Unfortunately, the concerned mechanic has got a tad busy and so have I, with a new afternoon job!

But he has assured me he will be free in 2 days to resume my work. I hope to get things sorted out ASAP.
Old 23rd July 2009, 11:48   #283
BHPian

Murdered...

Take a look at this mod job. I thought Bangalore enthusiasts had good taste when it came to doing up old vehicles, but this one has forced me to accept that garish jobs can happen anywhere
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc00519.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc00520.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc00521.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc00522.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc00523.jpg  

Old 23rd July 2009, 11:54   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidman View Post
Take a look at this mod job. I thought Bangalore enthusiasts had good taste when it came to doing up old vehicles, but this one has forced me to accept that garish jobs can happen anywhere
To each his own. The handle bar I think is taken from a Piaggio 3 wheeler. Integrated neatly I suppose.
Old 23rd July 2009, 14:56   #285
Senior - BHPian

Why would somebody modd such a beauty into some thing so garish.

Paint job looks decent but the seats & the handle bar (straight out of an auto), poor taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidman View Post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks