Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2009, 21:31   #346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
I think this is what is known as a Li 125 Special introduced from 1965 onwards. The series 3 had slightly different panels with vents on the front. Very cool indeed and quite rare in India. The designation for this would be 125 Li S. Has the front horn grill been changed to that of a Vijay Super. It does not match that of a 125 Li S.
Hi Amol...this is definitely not a Special. It is a Series 3, see the side panels again. The Special had rear facing air vents on it's side panels. The Series 3 had no vents, as seen on Sujith's scooter. Even the front mudguard is more like a Series 3 mudguard than a Special. That does seem to be a Vijai horn grille fitted on.
Do see these pics too: RiversideLammy
Old 31st August 2009, 22:21   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidman View Post
Hi Amol...this is definitely not a Special. It is a Series 3, see the side panels again. The Special had rear facing air vents on it's side panels. The Series 3 had no vents, as seen on Sujith's scooter. Even the front mudguard is more like a Series 3 mudguard than a Special. That does seem to be a Vijai horn grille fitted on.
sid,

You r right it is Series 3, its pretty evident from a very interesting site to date lambretta models, here is the link

Know Your Lambretta!.

BTW sid were u there on sunday rally, coudn't see any lamby over there???

Last edited by manishalive : 31st August 2009 at 22:24.
Old 31st August 2009, 22:55   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
BTW sid were u there on sunday rally, coudn't see any lamby over there???
Hi Manish, I was there, I was carrying a Boss bag on my shoulder, clicking away at all the cars! Unfortunately, my scoot had a few more last minute issues, so I could not take delivery. Do check this thread for updates on my scoot: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-1...ml#post1459688
Old 31st August 2009, 23:42   #349
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
I think this is what is known as a Li 125 Special introduced from 1965 onwards. The series 3 had slightly different panels with vents on the front. Very cool indeed and quite rare in India. The designation for this would be 125 Li S. Has the front horn grill been changed to that of a Vijay Super. It does not match that of a 125 Li S.
The front nose has been recast i suppose after my father had an accident with it. You can see that paint less area on the nose in the pictures. But all major parts are original.
Old 1st September 2009, 00:56   #350
BANNED

Model Number

Hope you people can read *125 LI 3* on the chassis frame !
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-sdc13208.jpg  

Old 1st September 2009, 08:29   #351
BHPian

Thank u

Hi Manish,

Thanks for the link. I have downloaded then archived those literature along with what I already had.

-Ilango
Old 1st September 2009, 10:36   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
SO now we know

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
Hi Manish,

Thanks for the link. I have downloaded then archived those literature along with what I already had.

-Ilango
Google Baba ki Jai
Old 1st September 2009, 20:16   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely right sir.
Old 1st September 2009, 20:32   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
So looks like the Series 3 chassis number is located further down the frame when compared to the Series 2. Series 2 chassis numbers are stamped a few more centimetres to the right, on the frame.
Old 2nd September 2009, 08:57   #355
BHPian

Regardnih chassi number

Quote:
So looks like the Series 3 chassis number is located further down the frame when compared to the Series 2. Series 2 chassis numbers are stamped a few more centimetres to the right, on the frame.
Hi,
I guess the chassis & engine numbers were (in some cases still "are") stamped manually, and the location of these stamps are solely on the judgement of the operator working that day in the production line.

The chassis number on my scooter is stamped so close to the fuel tank and it was a so difficult to make a pencil trace, where as in my dad's vijai M-II the accessibility is relatively more. The stampings are sufficiently far from the petrol tank.
-Ilango
Old 2nd September 2009, 16:09   #356
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
Hi,
I guess the chassis & engine numbers were (in some cases still "are") stamped manually, and the location of these stamps are solely on the judgement of the operator working that day in the production line.

The chassis number on my scooter is stamped so close to the fuel tank and it was a so difficult to make a pencil trace, where as in my dad's vijai M-II the accessibility is relatively more. The stampings are sufficiently far from the petrol tank.
-Ilango
Very true Ilangop, its very clearly visible but a real headache to make a pencil impression on a paper.*
Old 5th September 2009, 21:20   #357
BANNED

Some Lambretta accessories

Here are a few accessories i found in my automobile junk[KAZANA] at home.
1. An original but ruined Lambretta Flag Logo,
2. An API logo,
3. Original Lambretta Jack,
4. My dad's Classic looking helmet i wish to paint in the same colour of my scooter before the BCSC RALLY on 19th Sept '09
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-sdc13515.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-sdc13516.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-sdc13519.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-sdc13521.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-sdc13526.jpg  

Old 6th September 2009, 01:45   #358
Distinguished - BHPian

'had seen a clip on youtube of the popular 60s movie Tere ghar ke saamne, where Dev Anand plays an architect. He rides this 1960-61 series 2 (albeit missing the side-dome badges!) throughout the movie.
The scoot happens to be in period colour scheme for early (Innocenti) s2, with the entire scooter (even the horncast) being white, save the side-panels that come in another colour.
I've also seen scans of period Innocenti s2 brochures that also show this colour scheme. Anyone know if it was optional or 'standard'?

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-img_3628.jpg

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-img_3630.jpg

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-img_3632.jpg

I wonder if I should consider repainting the horncast of my '60 s2 in white...hmm....!
Old 10th September 2009, 15:04   #359
Senior - BHPian

Lambretta Mac 175 S

Sometime in the second half of the 70's API has introduced a 175 cc version of the Lambretta scooter with an 175cc engine from their autorikshaw range. Does any TBHPians still owns one?
Some nostalgic photos would help in going down memory lane.
Old 10th September 2009, 16:33   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Sometime in the second half of the 70's API has introduced a 175 cc version of the Lambretta scooter with an 175cc engine from their autorikshaw range. Does any TBHPians still owns one?
Some nostalgic photos would help in going down memory lane.
That's the MAC 175S, introduced in the late 70's, after they started making the Lamby 150. The scooter is named after M.A. Chidambaram, who founded API. I do not think anyone here owns one. I came across one last year, and tried to buy it, but the owner was not willing to sell. I am still looking for one, so please let me know if there are any for sale in Bangalore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks