Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2009, 16:15   #376
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
I think the legshied badge is also not original. The font looks different, maybe this is an API lambretta. It also does not say "Li 150" just 150.
Sorry sorry...!!

I should've thought better about posting when I was all tired last night!

I mean HORNCAST badge, the innocenti emblem, not the legshleid badge! Mistake amended!

The font of the legshield one looks similar to the later LD 150s. But I cant make out from the distance if it is from one such scooter.

And even API Lambrettas were badged "Li150" on the legshield.
Old 27th September 2009, 23:25   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
I can try and let you have the legshield bag off another S2 I have for parts, and you could use that as a template for a new one?

Else will take that to a shop here itself that I may find making these and have a new one made.
Thanks so much! I remember that my dad, on one of his business trips to Hyderabad in the mid 80's bought a Lambretta bag from there, for his scoot. I'll try to ask him where in Hyd he got the bag from, and let you know. I'm actually looking for something like that, which is basically hi-quality black rexine, built around a sturdy plywood shell. Locally, no one makes these bags, Hyderabad is my only hope.
Old 28th September 2009, 01:36   #378
BANNED

From my Photo archives

I found this picture from my photo archives, The pictures should be in the year 1992. It show my scooter with a "150" monogram above and a "Lambretta" under it. Again confusion on whether its 150CC or 125 CC !! I guess now i will have to remove the head itself and measure...
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-2.jpg  

Last edited by Sujith1100 : 28th September 2009 at 01:37.
Old 28th September 2009, 09:37   #379
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
I found this picture from my photo archives, The pictures should be in the year 1992. It show my scooter with a "150" monogram above and a "Lambretta" under it. Again confusion on whether its 150CC or 125 CC !! I guess now i will have to remove the head itself and measure...
The 150 is taken from a Lamby 150 badge. You can tell by the font:

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-lambyft.jpg

Last edited by Stanher : 28th September 2009 at 09:40.
Old 28th September 2009, 10:47   #380
Senior - BHPian

The original series 2 badging should be like this. This one I bought some time ago in England, nice quality but quite delicate.
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-li150.jpg  

Old 28th September 2009, 11:49   #381
BANNED

Thanks Stanher and Mole for your replies.
Old 28th September 2009, 12:23   #382
BHPian

Carrier , etc.

Sidharth, we can have somebody scale up the things on my scooter and make CAD drawings. Then we can look at a fabricator. I will try and scout for somebody to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidman View Post
I'm looking for the following accessories for my Lambretta:
Rear carrier / rack
Front mudguard bumper
Legshield bag

Does anyone know if any of these are available locally?
Here are examples of the accessories I'm looking for:
Old 11th October 2009, 20:22   #383
BHPian

Rare Lambrettas For Sale

Hi Team,

The following very rare lambrettas are available for sale. Do let me know if any one is keen.

Lambretta D 150
Lambretta Polo - Very Rare Very Very Original Machine in excellent running order
Lambretta SX - Very rare in India - Dont have pics but available.

Couple of Matchless, BSA and Triumph also available.

One 1994 Harley also available along with BMW R 90 also going for sale.

Cheers

Saurabh
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc03295.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc03296.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc03289.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc03290.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc03285.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc03288.jpg  

Old 12th October 2009, 09:24   #384
BHPian

Some new add ons

Hi all,
After suspecting a bent fork I finally bought a new one for my Vijai MK - I. And yes the other pics are of the front mudguard bumper (Couldn't find another right word for it). Will be fitting them after Diwali.
-Ilango
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc09286.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc09283.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc09284.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc09285.jpg  

Old 18th October 2009, 17:21   #385
Distinguished - BHPian

Greetings.

After regretably selling my last Lambretta, a one owner 62 example, the bug bit me once more and I am happy to share pictures of my latest acquisition with you - a very rare (in India) 1965 Lambretta Li 150 'Special'.

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-01.jpg
Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-02.jpg
Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-03.jpg
Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-04.jpg

Originally purchased and registered in Ooty as MDN something, she came to Kolhapur in 1970 and stayed with the same owner since. Years of wear and tear are naturally showing, and the handle bar has been replaced with that of a Vijai. Otherwise most things are in place (barring those sleek side trim 'spears'), and she starts and runs well.

I have some queries for the Lambretta gurus out there.
  • How does this engine differ from the ones fitted to local scooters, if any?
  • Are the drums supposed to be different on this scooter (compared to what is fitted, better pics later)
  • Any sources online where I can source the orignial handle bar, headlight and meter?
  • Anything else that you see out of place?
I'm very fortunate to have got this rare machine, and look forward to restoration process.
Old 18th October 2009, 17:34   #386
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Greetings.

After regretably selling my last Lambretta, a one owner 62 example, the bug bit me once more and I am happy to share pictures of my latest acquisition with you - a very rare (in India) 1965 Lambretta Li 150 'Special'.

Originally purchased and registered in Ooty as MDN something, she came to Kolhapur in 1970 and stayed with the same owner since. Years of wear and tear are naturally showing, and the handle bar has been replaced with that of a Vijai. Otherwise most things are in place (barring those sleek side trim 'spears'), and she starts and runs well.
Congrats, Karl! I'm glad you finally went ahead with this purchase! Count yourself very lucky indeed!

MDN is indeed Ooty (N = Nilgiris) but the current number you have is also period enough.

I'm sure once done up properly, this ride of yours will be the cynosure of all eyes!

Your scooter needs few things to complete it. I reckon it originally had a single long seat though.
Old 18th October 2009, 18:28   #387
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Congrats, Karl! I'm glad you finally went ahead with this purchase! Count yourself very lucky indeed!

Your scooter needs few things to complete it. I reckon it originally had a single long seat though.
Thank you, I shall be requiring your expertise whenever I get down to restoring her.

I did find this picture of a restored scoot with saddle seats, so who knows.
Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-001.jpg
Old 18th October 2009, 20:06   #388
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you, I shall be requiring your expertise whenever I get down to restoring her.
Glad to be able to help in any way!

Quote:
I did find this picture of a restored scoot with saddle seats, so who knows.
Did you try asking the ex-owner btw?
Old 18th October 2009, 23:50   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow thats quite a aquisition. Congratulations. Now you can start restoring both your ex and this one. you will have to import most parts. Sit with me one weekend and I will give you all the sources.
Old 19th October 2009, 00:06   #390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA7VA5 View Post
Hi Team,

The following very rare lambrettas are available for sale. Do let me know if any one is keen.

Lambretta Polo - Very Rare Very Very Original Machine in excellent running order
Sorry, had forgotten to mention this earlier hence posting now- this Polo incidentally, had belonged to a friend in Hyd. who got it from Bangalore. He is a fellow Lambretta nut and has the much-known mint white & midnight blue series 1 that is also a regular to most of the rallies here. The moment I saw pics. of this scoot here, it struck me that it could be his and on calling him up, he confirmed that he'd sold it, and also a few s2 (API) Lambrettas he had, mainly because he was finding it tough to house and maintain so many of them. He's decided to retain only the older (Innocenti) models for now.

Last edited by Stanher : 19th October 2009 at 00:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks