Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2010, 01:39   #541
Senior - BHPian

found this lambretta in a cool lavender color

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc06730.jpg

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-dsc06731.jpg
Old 2nd July 2010, 02:14   #542
BHPian

Gorgeous! Might be innocenti, by looking at the horncast. But the mudguard seems smaller type? But very handsomely kept.
Old 2nd July 2010, 08:39   #543
BHPian

One more running Lambretta in Bangalore. Nice one. To me it looks like a Li150 with Lamby Legshield & mudguard or a Lamby with Li150 Side panels.
A closer look between the tail lamp & number plate; a Lamby has a small projection outwards, making the number plate look vertical, as well the Lamby might not be having a provision to lock the Li150 side panels
Old 2nd July 2010, 09:49   #544
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneinsaan View Post
Gorgeous! Might be innocenti, by looking at the horncast. But the mudguard seems smaller type? But very handsomely kept.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
To me it looks like a Li150 with Lamby Legshield & mudguard or a Lamby with Li150 Side panels.
A closer look between the tail lamp & number plate; a Lamby has a small projection outwards, making the number plate look vertical, as well the Lamby might not be having a provision to lock the Li150 side panels
This doesnt seem to have the projection under the tail-lamp, so must be a Lambretta only.

The mudguard is not a Lamby but a Lambretta s2 only, albeit a later (maybe 70s) model. You can tell by the broad 'crest' along the centre, the Lamby's mudguard had a much narrower crest, making it almost resemble that of a Vijai:

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-img_4897.jpg

Interesting colour choice though- 'wonder if its owned by a foreign college girl!
Old 2nd July 2010, 12:04   #545
BHPian

the horncast is the main thing that screams early S2. pre 62 innocenti with a few replaced or updated parts.
Old 2nd July 2010, 15:57   #546
Distinguished - BHPian

Also note if you will that the legshield has been 'trimmed' on both sides on the top "shoulders' to have a more rounded shape either side, like on the later models. Another common mod done on early Lis (series1 and early s2, both of which had broader, almost flat legshields)
Old 3rd July 2010, 15:02   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
The registration is probably of 1987-88.
Old 3rd July 2010, 16:52   #548
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
The registration is probably of 1987-88.
I too did surmise its from the 80s. The scooter's definitely a Lambretta s2, so it's obviously a re-regn.
Old 12th July 2010, 15:01   #549

hi, was there the new Reg in Bangalore in 87 itself
Old 25th July 2010, 19:45   #550

Hello people. I'm from Wales (UK) and thought you might be interested in another Indian origin scooter that I recently restored. It is a 1976 Allwyn Pushpak version.
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-ebay_may-10-045.jpg  

Leighton is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2010, 21:02   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leighton View Post
Hello people. I'm from Wales (UK) and thought you might be interested in another Indian origin scooter that I recently restored. It is a 1976 Allwyn Pushpak version.
Beautiful! You have a performance exhaust, looks like, are there any other surprises under the side panels?

Last edited by Sidman : 25th July 2010 at 21:03.
Old 25th July 2010, 21:21   #552
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Nice scoot. But how come it doesnt have the original 'Allwyn Pushpak' badge on the right side of the legshield (where the splat sticker is)
Or was that missing when the scoot came to you? What about the original speedo? Or has it been restored as an Italian GP (most likely with a 200cc engine?)
Old 25th July 2010, 21:24   #553
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidman View Post
Beautiful! You have a performance exhaust, looks like, are there any other surprises under the side panels?
The disk brakes in front look very neat and very well done. Have the rear brakes too been modified? How have you balanced the brakes?
Old 31st July 2010, 08:23   #554

Hi,

This my first attempt at a Lambretta restoration. I have restored a Vespa PX200, but that was about 5 years ago, so a Lambretta was a new experience!

The exhaust is stainless steel and is from ScootRS in Vietnam. I think that they look and sound nice and will give a couple of extra bhp. The engine is standard apart from a 185cc cylinder kit. The hydraulic front brake is also from ScootRS, with the rear being a standard drum brake.

There was no AP badge on the front, just a standard Lambretta 150. Unfortunately, the speedo isn't an AP, but I am watching out for one.

All I have to do now is register it with the DVLA, which is the Government body that deal with cars, bikes etc in the UK. This is proving to be quite difficult because there has been some welding around the engine mount which they're not happy about. With a bit of luck I can get this resolved in time to get some enjoyment out of the scoot before the winter comes!

Here's a picture of how it was when I bought it. It had been restored before coming to the UK, but I wanted to do it myself, to my specifications.

I'm trying to find out as much information on the Allwyn Pushpak as I can. The info here in the UK is quite limited, so would appreciate any comments you guys might have.

Here is a
Attached Thumbnails
Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-ap-150-before-rebulid.jpg  

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-gower-camping-july-2006-001.jpg  

Old 31st July 2010, 22:53   #555
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This my first attempt at a Lambretta restoration. I have restored a Vespa PX200, but that was about 5 years ago, so a Lambretta was a new experience!
There was no AP badge on the front, just a standard Lambretta 150. Unfortunately, the speedo isn't an AP, but I am watching out for one.

Here's a picture of how it was when I bought it. It had been restored before coming to the UK, but I wanted to do it myself, to my specifications.

I'm trying to find out as much information on the Allwyn Pushpak as I can. The info here in the UK is quite limited, so would appreciate any comments you guys might have.
Welcome aboard!

If your scooter is indeed an Allwyn Pushpak, then none of the badges on it are original, these are what the original ones should've looked like:

Lambretta scooter lovers here ?-pushbadge.jpg

Although of course, many of these scooters from India that are exported are badged as Lambretta GPs.

They were made from the late 70s to around 1984 in Patancheru, Hyderabad by APSL (Andhra Pradesh Scooters Ltd.) based on the wider-selling Vijai Super that was made by SIL (Scooters India ltd.) lucknow, which in turn was based on the Lambretta GP150 of course. The initial Allwyns came with the normal fixed mudguard as on your scooter, the later ones had a turning one similar in shape to a Vespa VBB:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks