Team-BHP - Lambretta scooter lovers here ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Post-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/)
-   -   Lambretta scooter lovers here ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/16994-lambretta-scooter-lovers-here-8.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 866335)
After a year+ of hunting for an early (Innocenti) model, I finally got to pick up this '61 series 2 Li150 that was owned by a friend. It was lying in his godown alongwith a few other (later model) lambrettas that he bought.
More pics. can be found in my gallery.

Just collected the scoot today and have left her with my friend Mr. Rashid Mody (as seen in pic.) to get her mechanically up for the time being, that way if I decide to get it done up at a later stage at least let it be running and not just lying in a corner of my parking lot collecting dust as it apparently has been so far!

I'm the process of getting the correct mudguard though, so will definitely get around to doing that first!

clap:Congrats Stanher! Let me know if you want me to look out for a mudguard in B'lore. And keep us posted on the restoration.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sidman (Post 866705)
clap:Congrats Stanher! Let me know if you want me to look out for a mudguard in B'lore. And keep us posted on the restoration.

Sure sidman, thanks!

And need I tell you I want help with that?? :D

Although am in the process of getting a repro, help in finding an original is always appreciated- I could anyways use a spare.

Hi, today I became the proud owner of a 1970 API Lambretta. Scoot has been well-maintained, though feels a little "rough". Just needs a good mechanic to spend some quality time on it. I plan to restore it, as well as add some tasteful mods like 12V electricals. It will be used almost like a daily runner, so I might upgrade the carb.

Oh this thread brings me a great sense of nostalgia. :)

My dads first scooter was a "Lamby" in that gorgeous green colour. I loved the sound it made and would stand in the front all the time.

It had this elongated oval indicator just above the speedo - that too was in green colour and it would come on if the HL was switched on IIRC.

My dad maintained it very well for more than 10years...before something went wrong with the carburetor I guess . The mileage went down from around 25kpl to 12,10, and finally 6-8kpl. We finally sold it for a very paltry sum and got the first of our chetaks..

I remember the day ... I came home from school and asked my dad " where is lamby?" and dad said he had sold it ... I cried and cried and cried ...the whole day and even the next two days ... I said I want to ride it one more time ..just see it one more time...lol:

Found this junk Lambretta:

I remember Lambys having the tilted spare tire. How come this one is vertical?

Sidman,

My turn to congratulate you!! Wow, its been raining lambrettas lately!! clap::)

I was going to upload your photos but 'glad you could finally upload them!

@sandeep,
Quote:

I said I want to ride it one more time ..just see it one more time...
Maybe in that case you should own it one more time!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower (Post 867228)
I remember Lambys having the tilted spare tire. How come this one is vertical?

The last of the lambrettas came with the vertical tyre arrangement, which continued onto the Lamby 150 as well.
Although it could be converted to the horizontal type as well. The tyre holder could be detached from the vertical bracket to which it was attached by 4 bolts (although in some cases they were welded together!)

Note: I tried to use the 'multi-quote' option to reply but it doesnt seem to be working for me. Hence this is the best I could think of.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sidman (Post 867119)
Hi, today I became the proud owner of a 1970 API Lambretta.

Congrats Sid, I grew up on a blue 1970 API Lambretta, it had the number MEB 1502. We had it for 24 years, before we sold it for 3K. I hear the next owner painted it to a different color though.

Post edited by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT use external picture hosts such as photobucket, imageshack etc. Your pictures have been reloaded via the Team-BHP Attachment system. We advise you to read our board rules carefully, before proceeding any further.

Hi! I haven't been on here in a while because I killed my computer while trying to update it.

Stanher, you seem to have picked up a very good example of a series 2 lambretta . It looks very good. May I just say that If you need an innocenti front mudgard for your series 2 then to try Ebay. There are many very good reproduction series1/2 mudguards available for a reasonable price.

Any way Just to say that I don't need an Allwyn Pushpak mudguard for my series 1 now as I've managed to source a Spanish turning mudguard for it.

I'm amazed by the amount of series 2's and the condition that they are in that you have available to you. I love series 1 and series 2 lambrettas and own models of both and also a series 3 SX150 model as well. Here are a few pictures of my scoots. The last picture is the series 1 that I am currently building when I first picked it up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sidman (Post 867119)
Hi, today I became the proud owner of a 1970 API Lambretta. Scoot has been well-maintained, though feels a little "rough". Just needs a good mechanic to spend some quality time on it. I plan to restore it, as well as add some tasteful mods like 12V electricals. It will be used almost like a daily runner, so I might upgrade the carb.

Oh this is great news! Im so glad the scoot went to a good home. I was very close to picking it up myself but circumstances dictated otherwise. She's looking great, wish you happy scootering!

Karl, the scoot had your seal of approval, which is one reason I picked it up! I have a few queries about what trim an original 1970 API Lambretta had, as my scoot is missing some stuff.
The legshields have a hole each near the top of the shield. These are vacant right now, so I'm wondering what used to be fixed there? Looked for photos on the web, but nothing. The 1971 model that my dad owned had the same holes, which were occupied by rounded studs. Is this the right trim?
Also my API badge looks like a cheap imitation or a chrome job gone wrong. I'm looking for the badge, if not found, Stanher said he might be able to help.
The rear lamp is cracked, and I don't think the housing is the right one. The horn grille is damaged, but I should be able to find a replacement.
Can anyone shed some light? Photos below:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lambytone (Post 868119)
Stanher, you seem to have picked up a very good example of a series 2 lambretta . It looks very good. May I just say that If you need an innocenti front mudgard for your series 2 then to try Ebay. There are many very good reproduction series1/2 mudguards available for a reasonable price.

Thanks! It sure is good, definitely will be a show-stealer once its done up!
ebay might seem tempting but I'm not keen on getting into auctions at the moment. Plus importing certain spares for classics here is often too much of a hassle, knowing our local Customs!
I do have someone who said he remakes original mudguards on order. 'will try with him first.

Quote:

I'm amazed by the amount of series 2's and the condition that they are in that you have available to you.
True, although the harsh reality is that the amount of these scooters is slowly but steadily getting less amazing over here!

Quote:

I love series 1 and series 2 lambrettas and own models of both and also a series 3 SX150 model as well. Here are a few pictures of my scoots. The last picture is the series 1 that I am currently building when I first picked it up.
I would say your scooters are lovely too! Especially the s1!
But if I might ask, why fit a different legshield and mudguard to the second s1? The original one seems to be in good shape so it may do to find a correct early Li legshield for it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sidman (Post 868374)
The legshields have a hole each near the top of the shield. These are vacant right now, so I'm wondering what used to be fixed there? Looked for photos on the web, but nothing. The 1971 model that my dad owned had the same holes, which were occupied by rounded studs. Is this the right trim?
Also my API badge looks like a cheap imitation or a chrome job gone wrong. I'm looking for the badge, if not found, Stanher said he might be able to help.
The rear lamp is cracked, and I don't think the housing is the right one. The horn grille is damaged, but I should be able to find a replacement.
Can anyone shed some light? Photos below:

Sid,
As I told you on chat, most probably the holes held a legshield bag or box of some kind (although Ive seen mostly 4 studs used), my '61 s2 also has one. Here are some pics. of a lamby fitted with it. Incidentally it also has what I think your badge wouldve been. It doesnt look like an API badge either.

Tail-light: The black plastic housing came on lambys. The s1 and early s2 had aluminum housings, the later s2 had cream-ish plastic ones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 291118)
Any Vijai Super lovers here? After all its a Lamberetta too - just a later version which went like stink (for those days, I mean).

I have a 1970 Vijay Super which is in actual fact just a 195cc Lamby rebadged.Engine and frame are original Innocenti. Also have 2 Lambys a 1962 with the original side covers and a '74 which has a sidecar.
HAve tons of spares if anybody needs anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Collector (Post 868444)
I have a 1970 Vijay Super which is in actual fact just a 195cc Lamby rebadged.Engine and frame are original Innocenti. Also have 2 Lambys a 1962 with the original side covers and a '74 which has a sidecar.
HAve tons of spares if anybody needs anything.

Welcome sir! It was nice talking to you the other day.
Do you have a spare early lambretta mudguard? The broad, heavy one that came on early lambrettas only?

Also any "lambretta" side-dome badges?? And the original horizontal spare-tyre holder, mounted with the 4 "sticks"?

A couple of doubts though- AFAIK Vijai Super didnt come out until 1974, even so initially they were badged as Vijai Deluxe or Falcon and some different names. It wasnt until 1977 that the final name Vijai Super came into vogue. It was a 150cc as lambrettas were too, only the co. SIL (scooters India ltd.) did make 200cc engines for the European market until as late as 1997. Many of them are still seen on ebay ads.