Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2011, 08:47   #796
BHPian

Re: Lambretta scooter lovers here ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreeram View Post
Hello, Words from you guys bout my scooter urged me to click more Pics. So here they are. Hope you like them.

Attachment 611317

Attachment 611318

Attachment 611319

Attachment 611320

Attachment 611321

Attachment 611322

Attachment 611323

Attachment 611324

The Original Toolkit
Attachment 611325

The Original Keys
Attachment 611326
Shreeram,

Is that an aluminium tail lamp housing???? I want that badly..

Priyadarshan
Old 20th September 2011, 08:52   #797
BHPian

Hi Mohan,
Nice scooter. I am also thinking of adding a damper to the front fork. Could you please elaborate if you had modified the existing fork or just took a fork from a Lambro 175 rickshaw and swapped it here. Which make of damper is it? I had the idea of using a Honda Activa's with the spring removed? Please suggest if that would work.
Old 20th September 2011, 10:52   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohaan View Post
Hello Mr. Sreeram. Congratulations on your acquisition of the Lambretta. May you have enjoyable times with your scooter. Mohaan
Hello Mr Mohan. Thanks for the quick Useful pointers. You also got a nice scooter there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyadarshan.b View Post
Shreeram,
Is that an aluminium tail lamp housing???? I want that badly..

Priyadarshan
Hey Priyadarshan. Yes thats the aluminum tail lamp housing. We will try to arrange one for you.
Old 20th September 2011, 23:16   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
Hi Mohan,
Nice scooter. I am also thinking of adding a damper to the front fork. Could you please elaborate if you had modified the existing fork or just took a fork from a Lambro 175 rickshaw and swapped it here. Which make of damper is it? I had the idea of using a Honda Activa's with the spring removed? Please suggest if that would work.

Hi Sreeram, I had added the shock absorbers nearly 25 years ago. I did not change the fork or anything else. Only a small bracket was welded onto the fork to hold the top end of the shock absorbers. At that time shocks which were put on the Mac were available along with two small brackets for the bottom end which fitted onto the front axle. Have a look at the Mac and you will get the idea. Mine is a 1968 scooter which originally belonged to my uncle who was in the army and I took it over in the late 70's. I don't use it much now. It is there only to participate in a bike rally. There was a bike club started in Chennai but that is not functioning now. I mainly use the Kinetic Honda because it has a self starter, no gears etc. Also I have fitted the Chetak seats on it after making a special frame. So I have the comfort of the springed seat which makes the bike very smooth even on our rough roads. With regards, Mohaan
Old 21st September 2011, 01:05   #800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sreeram, I had added the shock absorbers nearly 25 years ago. I did not change the fork or anything else. Only a small bracket was welded onto the fork to hold the top end of the shock absorbers. At that time shocks which were put on the Mac were available along with two small brackets for the bottom end which fitted onto the front axle. Have a look at the Mac and you will get the idea. Mine is a 1968 scooter which originally belonged to my uncle who was in the army and I took it over in the late 70's. I don't use it much now. It is there only to participate in a bike rally. There was a bike club started in Chennai but that is not functioning now. I mainly use the Kinetic Honda because it has a self starter, no gears etc. Also I have fitted the Chetak seats on it after making a special frame. So I have the comfort of the springed seat which makes the bike very smooth even on our rough roads. With regards, Mohaan
Wow! you seem to be an innovative person Mohan Sir, shock absorber to Lamby, spring seat to kinetic honda, can you please post some pictures of the kinetic honda.
Old 21st September 2011, 15:12   #801
BHPian

Quote:
ve enjoyable times with your scooter. Mohaan
Mohan sir, where in chennai are you from? i stay in thiruvanmiyur.
Old 22nd September 2011, 12:10   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinikasyap View Post
Mohan sir, where in chennai are you from? i stay in thiruvanmiyur.
I am at 6 Crescent Road, Shenoynagar - quite far but not too far. You are welcome. My Kinetic is in the workshop for some maintenance. When I get it back I will post the pictures. Mohaan
Old 28th September 2011, 01:02   #803
BHPian

Quote:
I am at 6 Crescent Road, Shenoynagar - quite far but not too far. You are welcome. My Kinetic is in the workshop for some maintenance. When I get it back I will post the pictures. Mohaan
For all Lambretta owners - On page 23 Mr. Illango has put in 6 parts the Lambretta Workshop Manual. There seems to be quite a lot of information. In part one there is a picture of an attachment on each cable outer - just behind the front wheel, where one can lubricate the cables. This item seems to have been dropped among our Indian Lambrettas. In case someone can fit this kind of an attachment which will facilitate lubrication of the cables - the gear changing and clutch operation would be much better. The tight cables is what makes it difficult to ride in today's stop and go traffic. Mohaan
Old 12th October 2011, 15:56   #804
BHPian

Any replacement Horn - Light Console available for Lamby 150? Good quality.
I have tried 3 buttons till now. And the light dim/dip toggle goes off, resulting in the light not functioning. I have been caught in the night time only. Bad luck. Any help would be appreciated.
And one more query is regarding the Aluminium floor runner, I am not able to get the Lamby original one. All i managed to get was the Bajaj's runner's with the rubber lining. Now i need to make holes and fix them. Is this the only option? I managed to get the plastic rear runners. Shall share pics by the weekend.
Old 12th October 2011, 17:04   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Any replacement Horn - Light Console available for Lamby 150? Good quality.
I have tried 3 buttons till now. And the light dim/dip toggle goes off, resulting in the light not functioning. I have been caught in the night time only. Bad luck. Any help would be appreciated.
And one more query is regarding the Aluminium floor runner, I am not able to get the Lamby original one. All i managed to get was the Bajaj's runner's with the rubber lining. Now i need to make holes and fix them. Is this the only option? I managed to get the plastic rear runners. Shall share pics by the weekend.
Srini,
What you ask for is a rare spare and mostly available in Delhi & Bangalore that too at a price directly equivalent to the USD price abroad. Better ask our BHPians in Bangalore, as Bangalore is closer to you.
My doubt is even if the dim/dip switch conks off, it should get stuck in either of the positions and doesnt really make the light go off. For now you can directly have either High or low beam through the On/Off switch to help you drive in the dark, till you get hold of a new switch assembly.
You are luckier that you managed to find the Bajaj Scooter foot board runners. In Pune it is again difficult to manage a new set. Do you have the end aluminium caps as well.

Off Topic: Day before yesterday I accompanied my colleague who visited the TVS showroom to check for Wego. Out of the 100 different questions I asked the marketing executive to throw some light on what "Dynamic Body Balancing" meant. To my surprise, he said it was the name given by TVS for the centrally mounted engine which enables perfect maneuver. I only replied him saying that this is the same manner in which my Lambretta has got its engined packaged and the design as it is, is more than 500 years old. So common guys lets pat our shoulders for having been driving this Dynamically body balanced scooters since ages.

Last edited by ilangop : 12th October 2011 at 17:19.
Old 12th October 2011, 17:12   #806
BHPian

Quote:
Srini,
What you ask for is a rare spare and mostly available in Delhi & Bangalore that too at a price directly equivalent to the USD price abroad. Better ask our BHPians in Bangalore, as Bangalore is closer to you.
My doubt is even if the dim/dip switch conks off, it should get stuck in either of the positions and doesnt really make the light go off. For now you can directly have either High or low beam through the On/Off switch to help you drive in the dark, till you get hold of a new switch assembly.
You are luckier that you managed to find the Bajaj Scooter foot board runners. In Pune it is again difficult to manage a new set. Do you have the end aluminium caps as well.
Hi Ilango, i shall try it in bangalore.
Eitherway i turn the switch, the light doesnt glow. I need to start early to home today, and i have got a reason now!!!!
The bajaj ones are available in chennai. Do you need one? yes its a complete set with the end caps, bolt, nuts, and the rubber lining too.
Old 12th October 2011, 17:50   #807
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ilango, i shall try it in bangalore.
Eitherway i turn the switch, the light doesnt glow. I need to start early to home today, and i have got a reason now!!!!
The bajaj ones are available in chennai. Do you need one? yes its a complete set with the end caps, bolt, nuts, and the rubber lining too.

Srini,

What is the cost of the complete new set of runners, caps, nut bolts and rubber lining for bujaj?

Priyadarshan
Old 12th October 2011, 17:53   #808
BHPian

Hi priyadarshan, About 400 Rs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyadarshan.b View Post
Srini,

What is the cost of the complete new set of runners, caps, nut bolts and rubber lining for bujaj?

Priyadarshan
Old 12th October 2011, 22:18   #809
BHPian

Quote:
Off Topic: Day before yesterday I accompanied my colleague who visited the TVS showroom to check for Wego. Out of the 100 different questions I asked the marketing executive to throw some light on what "Dynamic Body Balancing" meant. To my surprise, he said it was the name given by TVS for the centrally mounted engine which enables perfect maneuver. I only replied him saying that this is the same manner in which my Lambretta has got its engined packaged and the design as it is, is more than 500 years old. So common guys lets pat our shoulders for having been driving this Dynamically body balanced scooters since ages.
Srini: This is the same thing that happened to me a couple of months ago. I thought there was some kind of a counter-balance or something. I laughed it out when he told me it had a centerally mounted engine and told him the exact same thing you told me.
Old 12th October 2011, 23:09   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
Srini: This is the same thing that happened to me a couple of months ago. I thought there was some kind of a counter-balance or something. I laughed it out when he told me it had a centerally mounted engine and told him the exact same thing you told me.
Some years back, that was when i started riding scooters and bikes, I tried out a relative's Bajaj, and that was the first time. Till then i was riding only Hero honda.
The hand gear was new, and i had no balance, more than that, i was very much excited. I took it for a ride with a cousin sitting at the back. The brake was totally different, i had to stand on it to make it stop.
I started the scooter and took it on the First Gear, it was all good.
Suddenly an auto comes in the middle. I had to stop the scooter, it stood on the brake and made it stop. but it skidded and i almost put the scooter down.
My cousin hit his Toe on the Auto and broke his nail.
The reason he gave me was the scooter doesnt have centrally mounted engine.
That was the last day i rode a scooter. And after 10 + years i am riding a Lamby, which has never given me balancing problems.
I am happy riding it in the city, traffic.
I am sure everyone would have this story in their life.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks