Team-BHP - 1951 Citroen Light
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Post-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/)
-   -   1951 Citroen Light (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/1995-1951-citroen-light.html)

hey Guys
Here a pic of my citroen which i resotred last year. Its a 1951 Citroen Light 15 Slough Built.
1998 CC Engine 56hp
3 forward and one Reverse gear.
8v. FWD, Gearbox too mounted near the front grill.
All wood interiors and leather upholestry. Top speed ive done at present stage 75mph. Let me know what u guys think if her.

cheers
Dom

Although I am not much of a vintage car person, I must admit thats quite a looker you got restored there. Very clean looking

GTO

Nice!

wow. thats a nice car. BTW theres a guy in Andheri who collects Citroens. He also has a DS-19.
He also has the above car. A gray colored one. But its in almost scrap condition now. Heard he's plannin to restore it.

I can't believe that, that car looks very very good
and the ones that v12 was talking about still looks good, but mostly the body is rusted n all

Neat... very neat. You cud try running it for a concours of the race award and it mite still win it. Great job there dom. Show us some more of ur work if u have any.

Revv

Hey Dom that car is so beautiful .Its been quite a while that I've seen a vintage Citroen. How long did it take for you to restore her?

Cheers

Wow Dom,

Nice work......75mph!!(120km/h) thats impressive! Great to know that your interest ranges from vintages to turboing mondeos!

Check out what i saw on supercars.net this 1927 Austro-Daimler ADM 19/100 Harrington Tourer sold for......hold your breath.....

US$ 663,941 !!! ie 3.04crores !!!!!!!!

Also, check out my restoration project. This is a 1947 AJS, had been lying outside without being touched for exactly 10years. Me and my friend managed to get the engine working after about 2months of work, however we didnt finish the project :(

cheers
Rehaan.

Hey,
thanks guys. The best thing about working on this car is i have no problem for parts. I have literally 2 engines, 5 gearbox shells, 3 sets of gears, dont know how many hubs, One set Brand new Pistons and about 35 old ones. Rings everything. I can build one more car if i have a shell . My grand dad in 1980 got whatever he could lay his hands on from pondicherry. Hey Guys if you know anyone interested in some parts let me know. I have some parts which would not suit my model. I have parts from Cylinders to Heads.

Hey reehan great work bro. I have a friend who by profession is a bike restorer. He has indian chiefs, HD's and so many bikes. Let me know if you need anything for her. He can get parts from anywhere. And he keeps flying to Germany and gets a ton of stuff. He also recently picked up a BMW 1200C. Superb Bike!.

Ill put the engine pics in a week. I just put splitfire leads for the vintage. It really made some good difference. No power but the starting has improved. About 1/2 crank and the car starts .

Hey Revv, ill keep posting the work im upto.

Thanks
Dom

hey domnic, u restore any model of the Citroen?? Cos this guy in Andheri wants to do up his Citroen.

Hey V12,
No bro i dont. I just did this one as its mine. Its really difficult to work on these cars. Most parts are difficult to source or i had to fabricate them. I could help with some parts sourcing. But not restoring. It takes a lot of your time. And im more stuck and working on latest cars which doesnt let me concentrate on older ones. Let him know if he needs some parts i could help out.

Thanks
Dom

BTW Dom, is this car the same as a Traction Avante?

Hey V12,
Mine is the Traction Avant. Which i have is a Slough Built (English).

cheers
Dom

can we have some interior pics dom??

Hey V12,
Give me a week. My grand dad is out to his estate and will be back in 4 - 5 days i will post it then.

DOm