Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2012, 13:51   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pics : *Classic* Ford Mustangs in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdalvi View Post
i know, it is still for sale and a ridiculous price is still being asked for it, i think it will find its way in the advertising and film industry. i just hope it doesnt go into the hands of the golmaal makers, else they will wreck it up like so many other classics. a classic is a classic, maybe someone will have the guts and courage to restore it to its original condition
This car is already with someone from the Film Industry. Sir you can restore something thats worth your while..not something thats has been altered and reengineered beyond the roots. This car is a waste of time for an enthusiast but worth its while for the new kids on the block who want a poser car.
Old 7th May 2012, 13:56   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
This car is already with someone from the Film Industry. Sir you can restore something thats worth your while..not something thats has been altered and reengineered beyond the roots. This car is a waste of time for an enthusiast but worth its while for the new kids on the block who want a poser car.
sir i have absolutely no intention of buying / restoring this car. What i meant is that by the look of how things and prices are moving, i am sure there will be someone in the near future who might buy this car and restore it to its original condition
Old 7th May 2012, 14:14   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdalvi View Post
sir i have absolutely no intention of buying / restoring this car. What i meant is that by the look of how things and prices are moving, i am sure there will be someone in the near future who might buy this car and restore it to its original condition
Sorry if my post came accross wrongly. The statement was a generalised one, where the car is not worth anyones time. Even 10 yrs later i personally would not touch this car but instead use the money to buy a genuine Mustang and restore it if i have too. This car has nothing original in it, Meters, dash board, steering, Brakes, Seats, Roof, Panels, Suspension, alloys, Lights etc..Basically an entire Donor car is needed. It would be better to pick up an untampered scrap Mustang and do a ground up restoration for it.
Old 21st December 2012, 12:21   #154
BHPian

I had spotted a Mustang convertible 67-70 model in jaipur.It was kept in a garage along with a couple of other vintage cars.Seemed like a maintained car.Can anybody draw some light to it.It was dark in shade,possibly green in colour!!!
Old 6th April 2013, 22:10   #155
BHPian

Gentlemen,
On one fine day,perhaps one of my luckiest days in chennai, I was stranding on the road when she crossed me I ran, waved the driver to stop, took a couple of pics, one is here for you all - dates back to december 2012 -

The driver agreed to let me sit in it, but the my college bus started honking
Attached Thumbnails
Pics : *Classic* Ford Mustangs in India!-upload.jpg  

bilalsyed is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th April 2014, 18:59   #156
Senior - BHPian

Ford Motor Company
Ford celebrated the 50th birthday of its beloved Mustang by displaying a new model of the convertible on top of the Empire State Building in New York on Wednesday. The Triple Yellow 2015 Mustang was taken apart, whisked up by elevator to the observation deck and painstakingly reassembled overnight in freezing wind, rain and snow. More than 1,000 feet (304 meters) above the crowded streets of Manhattan, the observation deck is too high to send the car up by crane and although open air, too narrow for a helicopter drop.So a team of eight or nine spent more than five hours reassembling the car by hand overnight, battling strong wind on the 86th floor of New York's second tallest building."Zero visibility to start with," George Samulski, manager of Ford North America design fabrication, told AFP. "It got better as the night went on, but it was bad, it was cold, it was windy."
By sunrise, the convertible was glittering and the views across Manhattan stunning.Visitors can admire the car until Thursday. After the deck closes to the public at 2:00 am on Friday, the crew will dismantle the car all over again and remove it.It is the second time a Ford Mustang has gone on display atop the Empire State Building. The first time was in 1965.Back then, the Mustang was sliced into three main parts and the windscreen, taken up separately by elevator. But Wednesday's convertible is 17.8 cm (seven inches) longer and 10.2 cm (four inches) wider, making the logistics even more complicated. A team of experts came carefully to measure meticulously all the elevators and doors at the Empire State Building, before engineers sat down with a scale model of the new Mustang. They worked with two prototype body shells. The car that was chosen for New York was stripped down and cleaned to make sure everything looked perfect before it was sectioned and painted. The second body was used as a test run to determine where to make the cuts, and custom-made rolling carts and wooden crates were produced for each section of the car. Leaving nothing to chance, a wooden copy of the smallest lift was even recreated, to verify that everything would work. Each of the loaded carts was also weighed to ensure everything stayed within the weight limits of the elevator and the observation deck. Once the parts were transported, the final challenge was to assemble the vehicle overnight, outdoors and in just a few hours. The Empire State Building opens daily to the public from 8:00 am to 2:00 am. The team trained for several days to do the assembly, planning everything down to the minute. The stunt marks 50 years since US auto giant Ford put the first Mustang on sale during an expo in New York on April 17, 1964. Ford received 22,000 orders on the first day and sold 418,000 in one year. Since then, Ford has sold more than 9.2 million. The 50th birthday will be celebrated in great pomp at the New York International Auto Show from April 18 to 27.

Thursday marks the 50th anniversary of Ford unveiling the first true pony car — the Mustang. Here's a look back at 11 key moments from the past 50 years that helped make the Mustang the ultimate symbol of the American car:-
1964: In April, the very first Mustang, the 1965 model, made its debut at the World's Fair in New York City. It was a smash hit from the start: Ford took 22,000 orders the first day, and had sold a million within two years. Price: $2,368.
1964: Later that year, the Mustang made its film debut in "Goldfinger," driven by villain Tilly Masterson. It loses out to Bond's Aston Martin DB5 after a chase through the Swiss Alps.
1965: In 1964, Ford asked Carroll Shelby to create a performance version of the Mustang that would also be street-legal. The result was the 1965 Shelby Mustang GT350, a fastback model whose 289-cubic inch V8 engine produced 306 horsepower.
1968 Mustang Fastback GT 390 bullitt replica

Ford
1968: Steve McQueen hopped behind the wheel of a 1968 Mustang GT390 for one of the most famous car chase scenes in cinema, a 10-minute nail-biter through the streets of San Francisco, in "Bullitt."
1971: The Mustang hits peak size, ending up a foot longer and 600 pounds heavier than the original.
1976 Ford Mustang II Cobra

Ford Motor Company
1974: Ford slimmed down the pony car, introducing the Mustang II. The new version was 19 inches shorter and 490 pounds lighter than the outgoing 1973 model, and reflected Americans' growing concerns about fuel economy after the 1973 oil crisis.
1979: Facing an "identity crisis," according to Ford, the Mustang's designers used the automaker's "Fox" body to make the 1979 Mustang, a longer, taller, and simpler car than the Mustang II.
1984: The limited production Mustang SVO brought a host of technical advances to the line, with a turbocharged 2.3-liter engine that boosted performance.
1987: Ford decided to base the new Mustang on a front wheel drive Mazda, then backed off after a public outcry. Instead, it put out a rear-wheel drive car with a major face lift and a V8 engine that pumped out 225 horsepower.
1994: In the early 1990s, Ford considered killing the Mustang. It decided to press ahead, and for its 30th birthday, gave the Mustang its first major redesign in 15 years.
2013 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500

Ford Motor Company
2013: With the 662-horsepower 2013 Shelby GT500, Ford gave America the world's most powerful V8-powered production car.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics : *Classic* Ford Mustangs in India!-mustang.jpg  

Last edited by vinay kamath : 17th April 2014 at 19:14.
vinay kamath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2015, 18:15   #157
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is a Ford Mustang from Bangalore. If I recollect right, this is a fastback with a V8

Pics : *Classic* Ford Mustangs in India!-ford-mustang.jpg

Source : Facebook

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 20th January 2015, 18:28   #158
BHPian

Omg Kps....this Baby Has Left Me Breathless!!!!

Does Any Body Have Info On Mustangs That Are Available For Sale??
Old 20th January 2015, 19:07   #159
BHPian

Is there any chance we will see Ford bringing the Mustang into India. I dont think the V8 will sell very well but I am sure a Mustang with the 2.3L Ecoboost engine would be a good deal considering the fact that it does not have a very high sticker price in USA also.
Old 20th January 2015, 21:49   #160
Ram
Senior - BHPian

In Rome do as the Romans do. If you think you’re a Roman, go and live in Rome.

In other words, get a green card and go live in the USA. Mustangs are available in plenty. All years from 1964˝ to 2015.

And they are much cheaper than they will ever be in any other country. And parts are available. As are people who know how to rebuild V8 engines and C4 transmissions and rear ends.

Desiring the wrong car in the wrong country gives no happiness.
Ram is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st January 2015, 00:16   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
In Rome do as the Romans do. If you think you’re a Roman, go and live in Rome.

In other words, get a green card and go live in the USA. Mustangs are available in plenty. All years from 1964˝ to 2015.

And they are much cheaper than they will ever be in any other country. And parts are available. As are people who know how to rebuild V8 engines and C4 transmissions and rear ends.

Desiring the wrong car in the wrong country gives no happiness.
Agree to that 100%. These cars are just rare and expensive in India because the Government had banned imports and then put insane custom duties.

Just visited the US after nearly two decades a few weeks back. Muscle cars like Mustangs, Camaros, Chargers etc. can be found at nearly every street corner used car dealer. And the asking prices are less than a used Maruti If you go to any run down part of any large city you will see numerous muscle cars lying neglected and abandoned. Except for a few versions they are regarded as run of the mill cars.
Old 8th February 2015, 12:35   #162
BHPian

This beautiful '71 Mustang convertible at the 2015 VCCCI Rally in Mumbai
Attached Thumbnails
Pics : *Classic* Ford Mustangs in India!-dsc_1596.jpg  

Pics : *Classic* Ford Mustangs in India!-dsc_1530.jpg  

Pics : *Classic* Ford Mustangs in India!-dsc_1531.jpg  

Impala59 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th May 2015, 19:26   #163
BHPian

A 1970 Ford Mustang seems to have landed in Mumbai
I think its running on a 302 V8 engine.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics : *Classic* Ford Mustangs in India!-rsz_screenshot_40.jpg  

Impala59 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th May 2015, 13:09   #164
Senior - BHPian

Same car was spotted by us at Worli . Think its been restored at Baandh at Juhu

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impala59 View Post
A 1970 Ford Mustang seems to have landed in Mumbai
I think its running on a 302 V8 engine.
kasli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2016, 12:33   #165
BHPian

I know, its a stupid question to ask, But do we still have anyone in this thread ready to part ways with their Mustangs? I am very interested to buy.

Most Viewed