Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2010, 11:21   #106
Senior - BHPian

Great job vcash, the Benz looks sweet and I love the colour. I am a big fan of that steering wheel. Waiting for more pictures
Old 21st September 2010, 14:11   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Good job! As someone has currently printed out a very clean outcome, 185/80/R13 tires are near impossible to find them and you will have to import a BF Goodrich pair from the US. I can help you with a Radio source (again imported) which will set you back upwards of 250$$. Radios for Fintypes and Pontons are very very expensive.
Thanks! Couldn't have done it without your support. Maxxis imported a set of tires in this size but they ran out of stock fairly quickly in Delhi. Are importing tires directly difficult? Radio will probably be my last priority and I will get in touch with you for that - I presume that we are talking Becker, here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Talk about class! A vintage Benz on a golf course. She looks perfect, save for the faded headlamps. Anything you can do to get the sparkle back in her eyes?
Thanks GTO! She is perfect for those weekend drives to the course. The driver's side head lamp is fine (Maybe the photograph distorts it bit) but the right side has faded - Only option is to replace it and the hunt is on. Hopefully, will be able to snag one from Ebay Germany soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
lovely pics - very stylish and a classy,"period" feel about them.
Thanks Shankar. I wanted to get her as back to her original roots as I could!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Great job vcash, the Benz looks sweet and I love the colour. I am a big fan of that steering wheel. Waiting for more pictures
Thanks Dippy. The steering wheel took a lot of bleach to clean and get back into shape. I wish I had not been lazy and taken the seat covers off to show of the MB-Tex in all her glory. It is the interiors of this car that really does it for me.

More pictures will only come after a few months since I am back in Bombay now and will only head to Jamshedpur in the new year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks