Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2008, 11:30   #76
BHPian

Guys, Have few questions:

1) Does anyone know the original colours that the GTS came in? AFAIK it was in Metallic Red, Solid Black and Yellow. Was the Yellow Metallic by any chance? My Bike is going in for paint tomorrow and it would help if someone could give me the Company colour codes for this. If the original codes are not available, I have made up my mind to go with a totally non-original color of my choice, Whatsay?

2) I am planning to change the carb on this bike and have been asked by the Garage to go in for a Mikcarb @ Rs.1,070/-. Is this the right choice?

The answers to these will help in my bike being on teh road sooner. So please shoot out your replies.
Old 11th December 2008, 11:40   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Guys, Have few questions:

1) Does anyone know the original colours that the GTS came in? AFAIK it was in Metallic Red, Solid Black and Yellow. Was the Yellow Metallic by any chance?

2) I am planning to change the carb on this bike and have been asked by the Garage to go in for a Mikcarb @ Rs.1,070/-. Is this the right choice?
To add a few more of the original colours: Plain Blue, Metallic Blue, Metallic Yellow, Metallic Green. If I can recall any more, I'll post them later.

The GTS came with a Mikuni carb. This carb was a direct fit also for the RE 350 and the exhaust note at idle used to be rendered utterly erotic!
Old 11th December 2008, 11:58   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
To add a few more of the original colours: Plain Blue, Metallic Blue, Metallic Yellow, Metallic Green. If I can recall any more, I'll post them later.

The GTS came with a Mikuni carb. This carb was a direct fit also for the RE 350 and the exhaust note at idle used to be rendered utterly erotic!
Anup, Yes, how could I forget the metallic blue? Well and thanks a ton for the clarification on the carb and yes as you mentioned it indeed is a direct fit on the RE. In fact the Bobby is being done up by an authorised RE garage and he was the person who suggested this carb. he did show me this carb on an Bullet that he is doing up and asked me to go for the same.

Thank you once again anup.
Old 9th January 2009, 01:05   #79
Senior - BHPian

Rajdoot GTS

Hi every one. this is a little Rajdoot GTS. my mechanic has just restored it. it is missing on a tail light, and the tank pads.
Attached Thumbnails
Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-img018.jpg  

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-img019.jpg  

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-img020.jpg  

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-img023.jpg  

Old 9th January 2009, 03:30   #80
BHPian

now thats what i call beauty. its awesome man. can you please post the specs of the bike if you have the details please. or someone who knows more of the bike. this one is surely a piece of art than just a motorcycle.
Old 9th January 2009, 04:38   #81
BHPian

Desideep: Here is another beautifully restored Bobby. A few tips on replacing the taillamp and where to get the tankpad.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...ections-5.html
Old 9th January 2009, 11:21   #82
BHPian

Petrol Tank Rubbers & Tail Light Wanted

HI All,

Can anyone help me with sourcing petrol tank rubber pads and tail light assembly for my Bobby?

Cheers!

Saurabh
Old 10th January 2009, 04:06   #83
Senior - BHPian

the tail light and the rubber tank pads is something that we are also looking for, and this GTS may be put up for sale all papers are clear and any one can make a offer. we will take up the shipping.
Old 10th January 2009, 09:40   #84
BHPian

@desideep,

I can give you one pair of Tank rubber. PM me your address, I will post you next week.
The tail lamp is very hard to find.....I have 2 GTS, one has original tail lamp and for the other we used old normal jeep tail lamp....looks very close to original.

@SA7VA5,
I will try to source one pair of tank rubber to you too.....next week I will be visiting Coimbatore.....sure I can find some there.

regards
Old 11th January 2009, 11:03   #85
BHPian

Video from the movie Bobby

This is the link to the song from the movie Bobby showing the GTS. After uploading, something is wrong and the video and audio dont match. Sorry for that. I cut it from the movie using some free video cutter. Link:

Dailymotion - Bobby-Rajdoot GTS song, a video from glomus123. India, Bobby, Rajdoot, 175, Hindi
Old 13th January 2009, 12:16   #86
BHPian

Thank you Girishpv

Dear Girishpv,

Thank you for dispatching the TankPads and the Lambretta Li 150 badge. Really appreciate your quick and great help.

Need more people like you to come up and help fellow Team bhpians.

Cheers and keep up the spirit!

Saurabh
Old 1st March 2009, 11:07   #87
Senior - BHPian

Can someone suggest a good mechanic in HYDERABAD so that my friend can get his Rajdoot GTS repaired. will upload the pictures shortly as it has been kept aside for about 12 odd years
Old 2nd March 2009, 13:30   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Can someone suggest a good mechanic in HYDERABAD so that my friend can get his Rajdoot GTS repaired. will upload the pictures shortly as it has been kept aside for about 12 odd years
It would help if you could tell if he is particular about the area in which he would like to get it done. For if it is ok for him to be at someplace near Mehdipatnam you could pm member hillram, who would help you.

I just about got mine restored at a Royal Enfield mechanic's place and he has done a good job. The downside is, they are at Moosapet. For me it was closer hence I chose them.
Old 3rd March 2009, 10:57   #89
BHPian

Am attaching pics of my GTS taken this morning. Pardon me:

1) For not cleaning the bike before taking the pic
2) My useless BB phonecam.

However, I shall soon be taking proper snaps of the same. I have been riding this bike for the past fortnight to work and man does it help me save time in the commute.

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-img00052.jpg
Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-img00053.jpg
Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-img00054.jpg
Old 3rd March 2009, 11:18   #90
Senior - BHPian

Dazzling, Suren!

But those handlebars?
And the black box near the air filter?
And the chain half-guard?
Your tail light glass is from a jeep, IIRC?

I think the number plates look better in their stock position.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks