Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2009, 18:19   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
LOL, I should be one of those gurus! I used my 1973 GTS till the end of 1976, but then went away for years.
I do not recall ever seeing a GTS like that one in the advt.
Hey buddy i think you are wrong here. I have a poster of GTS Deluxe, the last variation of the GTS. It has many parts from RD350, some of them are :
Headlight dome
Front and Rear Indicators(blinkers or turn signals)
Ignition Switch
Speedometer. (yes the speedometer of RD which you can see in the pic posted here)
Tail Light
The electronic system.

Will post the pic of the poster soon.
if you need any more information on this let me know.

Team-BHP Support Note : Please use proper punctuations and avoid excessive "dots" like "....".

Last edited by v12 : 9th May 2009 at 22:30. Reason: Please use proper punctuations and avoid excessive "dots" like "....".
Old 11th May 2009, 20:18   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurrjit View Post
Hey buddy i think you are wrong here. I have a poster of GTS Deluxe, the last variation of the GTS. It has many parts from RD350, some of them are :
Headlight dome
Front and Rear Indicators(blinkers or turn signals)
Ignition Switch
Speedometer. (yes the speedometer of RD which you can see in the pic posted here)
Tail Light
The electronic system.

if you need any more information on this let me know.

Team-BHP Support Note : Please use proper punctuations and avoid excessive "dots" like "....".
Ho !! Ho !! dont even ask, plz post the pics & info Gurjit ji
Old 11th May 2009, 22:35   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA7VA5 View Post
Team,

Had come across a dealer selling 3 Bobbies - was asking for an attrocious price. But perseverance paid off and I have just bought 3 bikes.

Incidentally all 3 bikes are in running order - that means their engines are in order. Have started all 3.

Restoration work has already started on the yellow machine.

Will decide about whether I want to sell the other 2 or keep them.

Pictures are attached below for the viewing pleasure of all.

Cheers!
Hi SA7VA5 doyou still have all three bobbies and will be ready to part with one of them as I would love to bring it to mumbai and restore it, I had just started my carrier when they were introduced in 70tees, and now after all these threads I would like to have one after 35yrrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Guys, Have few questions:

1) Does anyone know the original colours that the GTS came in? AFAIK it was in Metallic Red, Solid Black and Yellow. Was the Yellow Metallic by any chance? My Bike is going in for paint tomorrow and it would help if someone could give me the Company colour codes for this. If the original codes are not available, I have made up my mind to go with a totally non-original color of my choice, Whatsay?

2) I am planning to change the carb on this bike and have been asked by the Garage to go in for a Mikcarb @ Rs.1,070/-. Is this the right choice?

The answers to these will help in my bike being on teh road sooner. So please shoot out your replies.
Hi Suren.There was another colour as pecock blue which was also very popular in those days, my freind in mahim mumbai had one he had got it from show room from Tardeo and seldom used it and later he just abandoned it after he brout a Bajaj 150.Bobby was lying in sorry state in the compound later one day I saw being loaded on a local SCRAP WALA handcart,two people just lifted it and loaded it on the handcart. It was a depressing sight and this guy was counting some few hundred ruppees notes scrap wala gave him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
the tail light and the rubber tank pads is something that we are also looking for, and this GTS may be put up for sale all papers are clear and any one can make a offer. we will take up the shipping.
Hi DESIDEEP is i t still for sale or SOLD Pls inform as this beauty will be a pride for Mumbai and my compound.

Last edited by GTO : 13th May 2009 at 15:30. Reason: Please use the EDIT button instead of typing one post after another!
Old 28th May 2009, 12:18   #139
BHPian

Queries on the GTS:

1) What is the correct tyre pressure to adhere to?
2) What are the Sprocket sizes (front and rear/small and big)?
3) Isn't the speedometer worm gear (the one in the hub) GTS specific?

The second and third question arises for the simple reason that we GTS owners normally pick up spares that suit the Rajdoot (which has the 18" wheels if IIRC). Now the GTS has smaller wheels, but the GTS specific sprockets sizes are not known to the spares vendors. Similarly the speedo gear of the Rajdoot am sure would show a huge errors in readings?
Old 28th May 2009, 13:22   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Gurrjit, still waiting for the pics!
Maybe what you have are pics from a 'modder'?
Old 2nd June 2009, 19:20   #141
Senior - BHPian

Hi Mates,
Even I have Rajdoot Bobby, which was owned by my Father. Its in running condition, i generally drive it once a while. If anyone is interested in buying my bike, Please ping me.
Old 2nd June 2009, 20:48   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
Hi Mates,
Even I have Rajdoot Bobby, which was owned by my Father. Its in running condition, i generally drive it once a while. If anyone is interested in buying my bike, Please ping me.

Welcome .....please post the pictures
Old 3rd June 2009, 12:14   #143

Rajdoot GTS Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Gurrjit, still waiting for the pics!
Maybe what you have are pics from a 'modder'?
Hey buddy I have an idea of the difference between a Modded and an Original Bike. Anyway I am posting the real posters of RAJDOOT GTS Deluxe. This should clear all the doubts of everyone.
Attached Thumbnails
Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-gtsposter1.jpg  

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-gtsposter2.jpg  

Old 7th June 2009, 19:04   #144
Senior - BHPian

I have got a Bobby

Finally I have got a Rajdoot GTS. Found a week before after my mechanic told me about a Bobby previuos week.

Last weekend I took that bobby under costody, and I'm proud to be a GTS owner. The bike requires bit of restoration. I hope the T-BHPians here will help me getting few spares for my Bobby. The entire process of getting bobby is been picturized and same has been present here for your views. The picture speaks now

Waiting period for getting a bobby : 20 years
Duration for the deal to realize: 2 and half week
First travelled distance: 100kms
First Experience: WoW

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-image001.jpg

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-image000.jpg

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-image002.jpg

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-image004.jpg

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-image011.jpg

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-image012.jpg

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-image013.jpg

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-image014.jpg

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-image015.jpg

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-image027.jpg

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-image028.jpg

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-image031.jpg
Old 7th June 2009, 19:38   #145
Senior - BHPian

Gurrjit, what you have posted seems to be quite another variant (GTS Deluxe). The ones I have ever seen were the regular ones.
Has anyone seen any of those Deluxe variants?
I wonder how many were sold .... maybe quite a limited edition kind of rarity.
Old 8th June 2009, 21:35   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
Finally I have got a Rajdoot GTS. Found a week before after my mechanic told me about a Bobby previuos week.
I'm proud to be a GTS owner. The bike requires bit of restoration. I hope the T-BHPians here will help me getting few spares for my Bobby.

Attachment 145381
Congrats Trammway!!
Your Bobby seems to a clean bike .
I'll get you those Tank side plates only,provided if you are willing to re-shape the fuel tank with notches to hold the plates or I'll get you the whole tank ( used & opened one) which also needs some tinkering.
I dont think, you need more parts from our fellow T bhpians ,other than fuel tank lid, tail light, handle bar......what say???
Any way Tramm way, you have cooled your kids !!( who's that, asks for red RD???)
Old 8th June 2009, 21:44   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertwin View Post
Congrats Trammway!!
Your Bobby seems to a clean bike .
I'll get you those Tank side plates only,provided if you are willing to re-shape the fuel tank with notches to hold the plates or I'll get you the whole tank ( used & opened one) which also needs some tinkering.
I dont think, you need more parts from our fellow T bhpians ,other than fuel tank lid, tail light, handle bar......what say???
Any way Tramm way, you have cooled your kids !!( who's that, asks for red RD???)

Sir, Thanks for the comments. Oh that RD350 chap is my 2nd son Adhava. I will be very happy if I get a whole tank. But the plates alone also will do, as I could see the previous person only applied putty paste and closed the holder area of the tank. I think just a sand blasting of the tank should reveal the fitment area.

I actually need the following items:

1. Tank Shield (the metal plate on the tank)- 2 nos
2. Tank monogram (the round shaped rajdoot logo) - 2 nos
3. Tank cap or Tank lid - 1 no.
4. Silencer shield - 1 set (2 pieces)
5. Stepney or spare wheel mount bracket - 1 no.
6. Tank Rubber or Tank pad - 2 nos. ---- while writting this I have already got the tank rubber. So not required.
7. Tail light - 1 no.
9. Side shield monogram

I have attached the pics of items that i'm looking for my Bobby here:
Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-logo.jpg

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-sidelogo.jpg

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-silencercover.jpg

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-stepneybracket.jpg

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-taillight.jpg

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-tankmetalshield.jpg

Rajdoot GTS "Bobby"-tank_mudi.jpg
Old 8th June 2009, 22:25   #148
BHPian

Congrats on your Bobby Siva.

Quote:
Hey buddy I have an idea of the difference between a Modded and an Original Bike. Anyway I am posting the real posters of RAJDOOT GTS Deluxe. This should clear all the doubts of everyone.
Wow, so that claim was true. The GTS Deluxe does share some parts with the RD350. Mirrors, trafficators/indicators, tail-lamp assembly, speedo meter, handle-grips, switch assembly including engine-kill switch.

Last edited by S@~+#0$# : 8th June 2009 at 22:29.
Old 8th June 2009, 23:51   #149
BHPian

Congrats Shiva......great find.
Old 9th June 2009, 09:35   #150
Senior - BHPian

The tank monogram on the early bikes was the old one with E/L written on it.
Anyone remembers this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks