Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2004, 10:40   #31
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi guys,
Some more pics of the Mustang :

And heres the link on Hrithik Roshan's plans to buy the Mustang.
Old 27th October 2004, 11:17   #32
Team-BHP Support

This car has Esteem wheels !!! colour scheme needs a rethink
Old 27th October 2004, 12:11   #33
Team-BHP Support

Hey Dippy, is this the same car restored by that Bombay workshop (forgot the name)? If that's the case then why haven't they got the original wheels from abroad? I believe they had ordered a whole lot of parts from somewhere.
Old 27th October 2004, 12:33   #34
Team-BHP Support

I think this car was just restored for Bollywood. Atleast it seems so from the paintjob, that 9 ball on the side and the slats cut into the front fender.

Sad.

Rt
Old 27th October 2004, 12:53   #35
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]If that's the case then why haven't they got the original wheels from abroad?
I dont know if these are the original wheels, but I seen them on this Mustang around a year or 2 back. And they looked far better than these wheels. I spoke to Suraj once and he told me he changed the wheels since they were too heavy for the suspension.
Old 27th October 2004, 13:35   #36
Team-BHP Support

It's the same car I mentioned. Rear glass has Team Motor Works.
Yeah v12, those rims are much better looking than Esteem's
Old 27th October 2004, 16:11   #37
Senior - BHPian

Hey Rudra I did an article on this cars restoration .I have some pics from its days in ruins when he bought that car .. Will try and put them up

Dippy
Old 27th October 2004, 18:35   #38
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rtech @ Oct. 27 2004,11:03)]I think this car was just restored for Bollywood. Atleast it seems so from the paintjob, that 9 ball on the side and the slats cut into the front fender.

Sad.

Rt
Yeah I think was used in some Hrithik Roshan movie not sure
Old 27th October 2004, 18:52   #39
BHPian

Hey man now thats a blast from the Past the Pony man it looks awsome Dippy ur one lucky guys man actually u mumbaikars have all the fun u guys got the cars the performance shops and the speed run organised in ur city save some for us poor pune boys , Hey Dippy man hats of to u man u made my day with those pics
Old 31st October 2004, 01:46   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] actually u mumbaikars have all the fun u guys got the cars the performance shops and the speed run organised in ur city
u can say hat again!
Old 31st October 2004, 04:28   #41
BHPian

I was just wondering how much would this car cost if it was to be sold man I could do some really serious mods on this car and turn it into one of these street rods hey guys do u think this guy would sell his pony
Old 28th July 2005, 21:28   #42
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

The car is being restored again i guess. Saw it lying outside TMW. Hope he doesn't mess up the 'stang with any sticker works like the RX-7 and keeps it stock and white with the blue stripes

Old 29th July 2005, 15:53   #43
BHPian

Hi guys,
sorry to be a kill joy .....but:
1. this is either a 67 or 68 Mustang.....Grille much wider then 641/2-66. Plus tail lights are a dead giveaway.
2. It a coupe with a home made fastback roof.
3. Mustangs came in 6 straight or V8s. it wasn't untill the Mustang II's of the seventies that a V6 was offered. (after the gas problems and safety ruling in the US)
4. Never came with those steel wheels.
5. Interior seems to be totally redone, though the gagues look original minus the white paint.
6.Those 3 slits are no way original.

Sorry for being so negative, but I live Mustangs and do not like what has been done to this example.

Last edited by MustangMan : 29th July 2005 at 15:55.
Old 29th July 2005, 17:37   #44
Senior - BHPian

i second that
this was probably a junk when they found it ..
the gills on the side never existed in a mustang ..
the interiors ..well the gear stick is completely exposed ..mustangs had a thick centre console running between the driver seat and th co driver ..the seats they have headrests! they have managed to preserve the gauges and the wooden steering wheel somehow ..
the exhaust pipe on the mustang was fatter and round ..unlike the red nozzle on this one...
Old 30th June 2007, 17:32   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMan View Post
Hi guys,
sorry to be a kill joy .....but:
1. this is either a 67 or 68 Mustang.....Grille much wider then 641/2-66. Plus tail lights are a dead giveaway.
2. It a coupe with a home made fastback roof.
3. Mustangs came in 6 straight or V8s. it wasn't untill the Mustang II's of the seventies that a V6 was offered. (after the gas problems and safety ruling in the US)
4. Never came with those steel wheels.
5. Interior seems to be totally redone, though the gagues look original minus the white paint.
6.Those 3 slits are no way original.

Sorry for being so negative, but I live Mustangs and do not like what has been done to this example.
Bingo Mustangman, you are living upto the name. This is indeed a 67. It is a striaght six and it is a home made fast back. You're right the rear lights are a dead give away.
I remember seeing this car in many a film. In fact I had gone to Goregaon to check this car out many years ago but at that time i did'nt have the kind of money to restore her (not that i have any now) to her original self. This baby, nice dark green i colour, was lying there with the top chopped up, rain water gathering in her (she was lying uncovered with many other rare beauties) This was when '1942 A Love Story' realeased as the buick in that film was also there for sale. It had steel wheels and the original wheel caps on it. It did'nt have mags. The man wanted 75K for it but all originality was there. Today i would've picked it up for even more. Time time ki baat hai. It has featured in a few of amitabh's films ( dont remember which ones tough). Then I dont know who bought it, maybe he did. I saw it on the front page of Bombay Times with Hritik sprawled on the bonnet, with a horrid blue colour, top still cut. Guess Hritik kinda made the car look better
If I remember right it even had a TransAm look alike eagle motif on the hood (a la TransAm). I was aghast on seeing what was done with the interiors and the paint etc.
In goregaon, where this was arked originally there was also a 46-47' Chrysler Windsor Limo form the film Hum which made an appearance in this years VCCCIr rally and another 70's mustang. Also a chevy fleetmaster (also from 1942 a love story) a 72 nova V-8 and many such oddities but all in junk condition. They have all been picked up and some restored beautifully eventually.
Coming back to this particular car, Its not original, period. and the less said about the RX7 in the garage, the better. I have heard many good things about Suraj, but fail to understand why these two beauties have not been restored to their prime. The RX i can understand that the engine cant be rebuilt, at least not here but the Stang? Why Suraj Why??!!

Last edited by V-16 : 30th June 2007 at 17:36. Reason: add

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks