Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2007, 18:31   #1
BHPian

Any Dolphin owners here ?

Lovely little car this one.....remember one of my dad's friends had a 'mild yellow' specimen.....never used to spare him whenever he came home ; made sure he took me for a ride in that Can still remember the car being quite peppy enough for me to get quite excited and oh yes, it had a turning radius that could put autorickshaws to shame...

Had also seen these being raced on the Sholavaram track at Chennai and they always managed to beat the 800's (which were just then introduced)...

I guess the 2 door 4 seater concept for such a tiny car was reason enough for it to fail.

Would love to hear from current / ex owners of this cute car....
Old 15th February 2007, 00:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

happen to own one and drove it in stock form only for a few days it is a mini station wagon type and please dont ask as to what i am up to with it.
Old 15th February 2007, 01:08   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
please dont ask as to what i am up to with it.

Psycho ,
looks a few bangy boys know the answer to that if my guess is rite.Remember the rainy evening we had a meet and asked you about something.. sshhhh !!!

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 15th February 2007 at 01:09.
Old 15th February 2007, 01:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

I had to buy a doplhin to install a minute un-obtainable engine part for a customer's dolphin who still drives his car everyday. The donor car is lying completely intact with me now hehe!
Old 15th February 2007, 10:56   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
please dont ask as to what i am up to with it.
Yeah - I bet you dont know what you're upto with it either. Anyway it looks like half the world knows about it (we,, , so isnt it time to get those hands dirty again?
Old 15th February 2007, 11:46   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Here are some existing threads with interesting information on Dolphins:

1. Indian built and Assembled Classics

2. Thread 2

3. Thread 3
Old 15th February 2007, 11:49   #7
Senior - BHPian

Coming back to the point, user ananthkamath had a beautiful baby blue Dolphin in Mysore. Unfortunately he doesnt seem to come around here as often as he used to.
Old 15th February 2007, 13:10   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Yeah - I bet you dont know what you're upto with it either. Anyway it looks like half the world knows about it (we,, , so isnt it time to get those hands dirty again?
Well you do know whats needed to finish so when do we get going?
Old 15th February 2007, 13:38   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry to hijack this thread - but Psycho once you complete your part of the bargain I'll do whats necessary. I'm a reasonable man.
Old 16th February 2007, 00:55   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Sorry to hijack this thread - but Psycho once you complete your part of the bargain I'll do whats necessary. I'm a reasonable man.
On the point but off the topic:

Why dont you both compromise and do what you want to do on my car?? i will give you both estate and regular as option's ;-)
Old 16th February 2007, 00:56   #11
Senior - BHPian

Guys let us stick to the topic please.
Old 16th February 2007, 01:13   #12
BHPian

Hey iam sorry i could not complete as i lost my connection,then i saw your "stick to topic" suggestion. Well as i mentioned i have(jointly with a friend and long time dolphin owner) a estate and regular one,both blue.

I am concentrating on suspension and powertrain, I am leaving the other things un-touched. I find the car has a lot of potential,especially the handling part,it is a point and shoot machine!

I am coverting the regular one into a two-seater as iam have a big frame! We intend to use both these car's regularly,hence iam concentrating on reliablity.

More on it later. Bangalore dolphin owners soon we can have a get together,wot say.
Old 16th February 2007, 18:20   #13
BHPian

Quote:
happen to own one and drove it in stock form only for a few days it is a mini station wagon type and please dont ask as to what i am up to with it.
uh, oh

dude, i'm sure you're almost ALWAYS thinking on what more to do on your cars
Old 11th March 2007, 22:33   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Coming back to the point, user ananthkamath had a beautiful baby blue Dolphin in Mysore. Unfortunately he doesnt seem to come around here as often as he used to.

I'm back, baby!!!! Posted "intro" in the Introduce yourself section.
Old 17th May 2007, 00:47   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert fox View Post
I am concentrating on suspension and powertrain, I am leaving the other things un-touched. I find the car has a lot of potential,especially the handling part,it is a point and shoot machine!

I am coverting the regular one into a two-seater as iam have a big frame! We intend to use both these car's regularly,hence iam concentrating on reliablity.

More on it later. Bangalore dolphin owners soon we can have a get together,wot say.
I drove one for a while as a pick-up truck when I first moved to Bangalore to move my stuff around within the factory. Rarely got to take it out on the road. Partly because there was no fixed seat! The remaining driver's seat had lost its bearings and would move with every little movement I made. All the same it was a good car to drive.

I went looking for one recently, and my search led me to the NIFT campus in HSR layout. But all they had there was a broken body, and no one seemed to know how it got there.

On a related note, does anyone know where Sipano vehicles get serviced in Bangalore? I'm looking for a Rover Montego Engine (Perkins DI?) to put into my old M1000, and am guessing that a mechanic would be a good source.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks