Team-BHP - Oldies in Chandigarh - Ford Consul
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Post-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/)
-   -   Oldies in Chandigarh - Ford Consul (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/22435-oldies-chandigarh-ford-consul.html)

I spotted this beauty parked in sector 28 motor market back side was freshly
painted and was getting the attention it deserves
didn't cover the plates as it was standing in the open in a public place and anybody could see her and no one stopped me from taking pics
And can anybody put some light on the make and history of the car

It's a Ford Consul - more information on this model here:

Ford Consul - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The car is Goa registered. Nice find Manikjeet.

my my, teamBHP is making the worls a smaller place...

I had spotted GDL 1495 looking lost in a busy street in Goa around 4-5 years ago...a very complete car...

Somehow im saddened to see so many of goa's jalopies going out of the state (and on many occassions, the country as well)...honestly, there are very few "survivors" roaming goas mean streets today...

Now that we have a back pic also can anybody tell me that why one tail light is red and other orange

Quote:

Originally Posted by manikjeet (Post 396610)
Now that we have a back pic also can anybody tell me that why one tail light is red and other orange

there are two theories on this one...

first and most likely is that one lens is from an american market car, (red), and one from a european market car...(orange)....the american market usually had red indicators at the rear in this era....im not sure, however, if the consul was sold there...

theory no 2 is plain and simple....one lens has faded with time!

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 396701)

theory no 2 is plain and simple....one lens has faded with time!

I looked at the tail light and it didn't looked faded and even if it had faded it must be some shade of pink and not orange

i will look in the first theory and then share my views

i know more classic cars in chandigarh in sec 4,5 theres mercury 1964 in think and a buick and the third one i dont remember as i havent seen it . and some restored vintages with Mr.Sarkaria (a restorer) namel triumph, mg rover and others if possible ill take their pictures and put it up on blog

Man you got this name on this thread the cars he has are already up on the other thread and we have a old ford a buick yellow hand painted with a merc diesel power plant and plymout and few bettles and some old mercs and i have seen a old car in good shape in sec 10 but unrestored i hope to know if its for sale and if you look closely we have old landmasters on the roads and how can we forget aroma hotel with to desently restored cars standing out side

Do you see any Standards (namely Heralds) on/off road there?? I remember seeing a pic. of a lovely Standard 10 (Pennant) for sale in Mohali in an issue of Auto India, years ago...twas a white & green car, same colour combo as our friend Karl's car!

my granddad's friend has a old herald and its all complete and its in good shape and it is a daily driven and many old friend or ma granddad has a herald standing i love these little cars

Quote:

Originally Posted by manikjeet (Post 439752)
my granddad's friend has a old herald and its all complete and its in good shape and it is a daily driven and many old friend or ma granddad has a herald standing i love these little cars

That's great to know. Do upload pics. of this car sometime.

thanks manikjeet actually i was new to this forum so i hadnt browsed it earlier.