Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

View Poll Results: Which colour for the Fiat 1100/D Special?
Wine Red and White 35 25.93%
Blue and White 36 26.67%
Emerald Green and White 10 7.41%
Midnite Blue and White 54 40.00%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2007, 09:42   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
But we wanna know NOW! grrr...is the car still status quo?
No sirji, the car as im informed is complete with the tinworl. Awaiting final paint coat (which will be done when I reach back) ans he other stuff. Im keeping in touch with the garage evebn tough im here.

@ Salilpawar : Sir am away for a holiday so will only update on the thread when im back with pics. Will be back on the 1st and will get cracking then and there.

@ RAzor4077 : buddy as of now stock under the hood except for a freeflow...But then im me, so expect it to have many a mod as time whiles away

Last edited by V-16 : 24th May 2007 at 09:44.
Old 24th May 2007, 10:12   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
the car as im informed is complete with the tinworl. Awaiting final paint coat (which will be done when I reach back) ans he other stuff. Im keeping in touch with the garage evebn tough im here.

@ Salilpawar : Sir am away for a holiday so will only update on the thread when im back with pics. Will be back on the 1st and will get cracking then and there.
I am eagerly waiting to see your fiat.

P.S. Don't address me as Sir ( ). I m still a kid. Rather, it should be the other way round. I should call you Sir V-16.
Old 24th May 2007, 12:27   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
I am eagerly waiting to see your fiat.

P.S. Don't address me as Sir ( ). I m still a kid. Rather, it should be the other way round. I should call you Sir V-16.
In us Punjus, ( No! I Am NOT Being RACIST) "SIR/SIRJEE" is also used as a term of endearment, not only as we use in referring to the elderly.... and what did you mean when u said that you should be calling me sir??
Old 24th May 2007, 12:44   #94
Team-BHP Support

Gogi ji, want me to go and click photu for you? I might be going to Bombay on Saturday again .
Old 24th May 2007, 12:48   #95
Senior - BHPian

Oh Please Kiran. Since you know the place and the guy..u know his name. just tell him i told you to do so if he does khit-khit ( i doubt he will) and pl let me know of the progress over email/pm. You would be able to tell the progress and also take a lot of pics which will help me in maintaining my log as this part of the makeover i dont have any pics of. Thanks in advance bro
Old 24th May 2007, 12:54   #96
Team-BHP Support

My pleasure bud. Will do this on Saturday . Cheers!
Old 24th May 2007, 14:51   #97
Senior - BHPian

a very interesting restoration project indeed...we did a similar restoration on a premier padmini..eagerly waiting for new photo updates..great goin V-16
Old 2nd June 2007, 11:02   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16
Will be back on the 1st and will get cracking then and there.
Gogiji, still no official update after the promise.

As per new T-BHP rules, u will have to pay me a fine, i.e., one plate Tandoori Chicken
Old 2nd June 2007, 15:55   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
My pleasure bud. Will do this on Saturday . Cheers!
Moral By any chance did u get to take any new pics of the car ???? Cant wait to see the new pics...

Cheers Ed.
Old 9th June 2007, 02:03   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
Gogiji, still no official update after the promise.

As per new T-BHP rules, u will have to pay me a fine, i.e., one plate Tandoori Chicken
Is that an Infraction??!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by egangsta View Post
Moral By any chance did u get to take any new pics of the car ???? Cant wait to see the new pics...

Cheers Ed.
So here is the update i promised.

The metal work, i.e. beating new panels, cutting, patching, welding, swapping body panels etc is finally over and the cars got its first coat of red oxide. This is just that rust doesnt get its way into the joints etc. The next step is to finishing this metal work, fill gaps, beat and smoothen the lines, putty, rub and smoothen the "laambi" and then get on to painting.

The essentials were all extracted in any which way it could be done from the original (now donor) car to be affixed on to the project car.
The remainants of the original car were extracted. Everything of use was taken out of this rust bucket and can be seen in pics by the rotting skeleton.
Air vents were made on the dash a la the original for the period original look
..... nope no luck... both imageshack and photobucket are not able to upload. Maybe i could try a little late or even tomorrow maybe.
folks i tried. Will keep you updated.

Last edited by V-16 : 9th June 2007 at 02:04. Reason: correction
Old 9th June 2007, 10:27   #101
BHPian

Yes sir, please post the pics as soon as possible
Old 12th June 2007, 03:15   #102
Senior - BHPian

Ok i really dont know what the problem was, for so many days, but its fixed. I can now upload the pics which i could not earlier. So here they are:

Whats remaining of the original (now donor) cars dash.

The Front:The clever Nip And Tuck job now covered in Red Oxide.
Final touches in finishing the metal work, etc, remain.

The Midriff:

The Rear
r:

These air vents were created by cutting the exact length and width just as in the dash of the original car.

The Flooring is now put together.
The next phase would be sanding and finishing the welded sheets. Then puttying the car and some more sanding. And then,finally the paint.

The original car stripped of everything useful it could donate.

Im now waiting to hear from you guys!!

Last edited by V-16 : 12th June 2007 at 03:20.
Old 12th June 2007, 10:50   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Im now waiting to hear from you guys!!
Finally, pics are here

AFAIK, the car has not been fitted the original 1100D special rims... so the original is still left with something to donate, contrary to your post.

How are u going to do with formalities such as chassis number (since the car has a different chassis now) and legal stuff like that?

I am a bit concerned about the flooring of the car (second last pic)..... I hope it turns out to be better finally....

Also, tell ur mechanic to be careful while putting on laambi and painting in the region of the body where the C-Pillar meets the boot... It is prone to rust in Padminis.

P.S. -- Is the super Padmini project in your plans? Something similar to what Ananthkamath described in the initial posts....

Last edited by salilpawar1 : 12th June 2007 at 10:52.
Old 12th June 2007, 11:12   #104
Team-BHP Support

great job, what are you planning to do for rust protection for the floor area? any dampening and protection layer planned?
Old 12th June 2007, 12:18   #105
Senior - BHPian

Fiats were/are techically much better than the Padminis. i never knew that they came with air vents in the dash. i will get it done in my car next time she goes for a paint job. i guess the radials are pretty old as wel.. get them changed. S10's alloys will look nice in it. ask someone to a PS job and see how she looks.

Most Viewed