Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

View Poll Results: Which colour for the Fiat 1100/D Special?
Wine Red and White 35 25.93%
Blue and White 36 26.67%
Emerald Green and White 10 7.41%
Midnite Blue and White 54 40.00%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2007, 16:40   #241
BHPian

Midnight blue only

Hey V-16,
I voted for the midnight blue - white combo but I think the mignight blue without any combination will look better than any combination.
I liked it the best.
Thanks,
Kaustubh
Old 1st July 2007, 18:35   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
Yes V-16 (no suffix ),

Go for Midnight Blue and White. If you like it, go for it. And yes, midnight blue (which i presume is dark blue with a metallic tinge) and white will look good. This suggestion comes from a person who has voted for red/white.

I eat my words back. The Midnight blue will not cause any "taxi"ing problem but please don't go for surf blue. That colour is meant for the 1100 dukkars. I have never seen a 1100D special with a retro paint job. Infact, the pics which you have posted are the old 1100. Not a single one is a special. I hope you are getting my point.

Incidentally, this is my 300th post.
Shucks, there go my dreams of painting it Rani Pink and Orange.. Appreciated Salil. So theres one more convert to the blue and white. Salil, the blue ive posted is not surf blue, this car is surf blue

Surf Blue Fiat

Thanks Iraghava. You want the car to be red and white so it can match with your airline colours huh? Clever one!!

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, keep em coming. No work done sadly due to rains and due to truant staff in the garage. Guess something will start tomorrow.
Old 7th July 2007, 21:10   #243
BHPian

hey i am not verry aquainted with fiats is the 1100 the 'dukkar'??
i really think its a great looking car with the sucide doors and all
how much did u get it for v16? and how much did u spend on it getting it restored? if its cheap enough i would love having one
Old 7th July 2007, 22:12   #244
Senior - BHPian

The dukkar also came in the 1100 but its not the one that i have. The dukkar is the one with a round boot or dicky. These cars are relatively cheap(er) to buy and maintain. The engine is very simple and the parts are easier to come by. Its not cheap as its italian, but is definately cheaper to re build and maintain. I wouls suggest, if you're starting with collection as a hobby, the first car should be a fiat. But let me tell you, even fiats are pretty difficult to come by so start collecting. Ive seen prices rise to unexpected heights, even for a dukkar or a humble 1100, as people get more and more aware. If you need any help let me know. Regards the intricacies, send me a PM and ill let you know.
Old 16th July 2007, 23:32   #245
BHPian

Fiat 1100 Special

We are very anxiously awaiting the latest pictures of your Project - SPECIAL.
And Please Please give her a blue and white two tone colour combo.
And, I'm sure that you would be using STANDOX to bring the best out of this lovely creation. Once again, Dark (Prussian) Blue Metallic and Peral white combo.
I promise.............. it'll be an eye turner. PROMISE!
Old 26th July 2007, 12:09   #246
BHPian

Gogi, here are the pics of the red and white fiat that was getting ready,the work is nearly over except for the polishing.The car isnt all that orignal,the rims from a Padmini,the grill isnt orignal and its got an AC.Heard from my friend that this car was actually gona be sold but then the owner decided to give it to his grandson who decided to do the car up..

Cheers Ed.
Old 26th July 2007, 14:03   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

The cars looking nice. What model year is it? Coz it has cosmetics from both the Select and Super select. Since there are no quater windows the grille, side trims and indicators would be oiginal, though there should be no badge on the grille. Those seats look interesting, are they after market bucket seats or a split bench seat? Any interior and rear pics?
Old 26th July 2007, 14:17   #248
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the advice friends. The colour has been decided and its the lighter shade of blue as im doing my other car in dark midnite blue. U chose this colour with a lot of thought. Hav'nt had the time to post piucs but will do so in about a few days. Meanwhile tyhe cars undergone a chassis strenghtning, under coating (three coats) and primer is being applied as we post. The seats are being done up so is the top and the other upholstery. Mattings and other things have been procured. The seats are in high qualitu art leather or rexine in a darker shade of the body colour and will have a cream double piping running through entire perimeter o fthe upholstery. Thge ash trays and nets behind the front seats are being worked out. Im sure you guys will be proud of her once shes done. Im off to goa, posting from the airport and my flights being announced. Will post further from Goa... Goa here I come
Old 26th July 2007, 14:40   #249
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
The seats are in high quality art leather or rexine in a darker shade of the body colour and will have a cream double piping running through entire perimeter of the upholstry. Will post further from Goa... Goa here I come
Make sure you get the seats stitched in this pattern. (factory)

Enjoy Goa. Plenty of jalopies running around...keep your camera armed and ready. See what I found on my last 1 day trip on some desolate road behind Calangute.

Old 27th July 2007, 09:41   #250
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Make sure you get the seats stitched in this pattern. (factory)
The delites had a different pattern though, right? Like vertical stitches running the full length of the seats....?
Old 8th August 2007, 22:25   #251
Senior - BHPian

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...quiet an old baby is sleeping!
Old 9th August 2007, 01:53   #252

hey guys...whos gonna be present for the first bombay meet??
Old 9th August 2007, 13:53   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
hey guys...whos gonna be present for the first bombay meet??
when is it? I would like to be there
Old 16th August 2007, 19:43   #254
Senior - BHPian

Further Updates, not much but from now on its gonna be fast. The tin has been taken care of and the primer stage is on. The first few primer coats and sanding have been done. The final primer has been put and the car is almost ready for a last sand and then the paint starts. I will try to get the pics from the booth if possible. Meanwhile the upholstery is ready in a darker shade of blue with a cream piping on th edges and a double piping on the upper and side borders. The minor engine job is going on and it will be ready soon. The block will adorn the original red oxide colour paint, the air filter will be original black and the valve cover will be chromed.

The front of the car. Awaiting its sanding another final coat of primer and then again a final sand down to make it ready for the paint booth

The bonnet awaiting a final sand down. Is practically ready for the paint booth. The colour you see is not the colour of the car. Its the colour of the zinc primer.

Will post the progress soon....
Keep watching this thread...
Old 21st August 2007, 00:50   #255
Senior - BHPian

Was the steering box mount/pillar cracked?

Most Viewed