Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2012, 15:01   #76
BHPian

Re: Classic Porsches in India

The Silver 928 S4 from Mumbai, was for grabs at Kurla with a dealer for 12.5 L, went to see her twice as a friend wanted to bring her back to life, had a lot of work to be done, the dealer wasnt willing to negotiate, hence we let her go.

shifting topics, the 911 which was earlier being restored at the smokeage garage (lowerparel) and owned by the textile company, known for their shirts, seems to be restored or has been moved elsewhere or with the owner. I think he also uses a R129 SL or SLC

Have seen a red-souped up convertable 944 with bling alloys etc which is owned by KG at walkeshwar, i reckon its up for sale as well.
Old 29th January 2013, 11:12   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Spotted this Porchse in a garage Awaiting Restoration or some work as we can see.Attachment 291811

Attachment 291812

Attachment 291813

Attachment 291814

Attachment 291815

This car has been restored and is in fine shape now , as seen over the weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Classic Porsches in India-928-1.jpg  

Classic Porsches in India-928-4.jpg  

Classic Porsches in India-928.jpg  

Classic Porsches in India-928-2.jpg  

manishasrani is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 11:39   #78
Team-BHP Support

I was speaking to the owner about the car. Main issue was the engine pollution control equipment which had to be repaired. He did it all by himself. Interiors are a mess still from all the stuff that was stored in it.
Old 3rd February 2013, 23:17   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I was speaking to the owner about the car. Main issue was the engine pollution control equipment which had to be repaired. He did it all by himself. Interiors are a mess still from all the stuff that was stored in it.
Oh you were at the rally?I was there too.Too bad i coudnt meet you.

The 928 was a total suprise for me there and i spent a lot of time photographing and ogling at it.Suhaas had even opened to the door and i took a couple of snaps of the inside.Yes the leather was very worn and tired and the fabric near the boot was torn and out of its attachment points.But overall it was lovely,you dont get to see classic 911s every other day.

I asked the owner and he said he drives it around once a week.Lovely soundtrack too,that front mounted V8 sounded very nice.
Old 4th February 2013, 00:38   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Yes the leather was very worn and tired and the fabric near the boot was torn and out of its attachment points.But overall it was lovely,you dont get to see classic 911s every other day.
There was something I noticed about the 928. Something I'd never noticed before in photographs / videos. The hand-brake is not in the center console between the driver and passenger. It's on the right of the driver, near the door-sill! Even though it was RHD. Excellent!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 4th February 2013 at 00:41.
Old 4th February 2013, 23:16   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishasrani View Post
This car has been restored and is in fine shape now , as seen over the weekend.
Wow what a beauty it has turned into now, the white color looks so nice, a symbol of neatness and clealiness. Is the current owner was the actual 1st owner.
Old 5th February 2013, 09:14   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Wow what a beauty it has turned into now, the white color looks so nice, a symbol of neatness and clealiness. Is the current owner was the actual 1st owner.
No, the current owner is not the first owner but all I can say, he has restored quite a few front engined Porsches
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2013, 15:49   #83
BHPian

Does anyone know of any Classic 911s available for sale? Had been after a particular red 1989 Targa but alas it has now landed up in Bangalore as a result of someone willingly paying more than I would have

Please help!
Old 12th April 2013, 23:08   #84
Senior - BHPian

This Bangalore porsche targa of 1989 has paper issues. time bomb waiting to explode...consider yourself lucky. Car is a potential DRI case

Added to this a pretty lousy airconditioner retro fit. with pipes going along the underbelly of the car and the unit being a National unit from an ambassador and not a Porsche spec setup. Car has been through a lot of work..some good some half baked, like a lot of things good from far ..far from good

Like you I too have explored buying her since 2007, done first hand due diligence on paperwork therefore the mention, not sure if you got to the paperwork stage..to top it owner had an attitude about the sale despite that he had picked it up for a pittance and the car having paper issues..Know the entire trail of this car from the time she landed in india..and got the bottom after much perseverance..I suppose as usual a sucker in the south was discovered.

Note from Team-BHP Support: Please avoid typing.. Like.. This.. Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 13th April 2013 at 00:15. Reason: see note in post :)
Old 2nd July 2014, 01:57   #85
BHPian

i know this thread has been inactive for a while now. Guys any luck, please let me know. I am also seeking an old Porsche.
I have called all the showrooms, no body knows anything. Is there any relaible dealer I can reach out to. Looking forward to your reply.
-Karan
Old 10th February 2017, 21:02   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Here is another early car in Bombay that a friend saw some time back. Hope it is being restored.

Attachment 603802
Was this car in breach candy? As there was a similar one there in a small building filled with other classic cars. If this is the same car it is still in the same condition probably worse. The last time I saw it was probably 6-8 months back with no rear windscreen and soaking in the rain with a car cover on.
Old 8th April 2020, 21:47   #87
BHPian

Bumping an old old thread!
I remember seeing a dark blue 911 (964 most likely) in Kolkata around Gurusaday road, maybe around 12-15 years back. Never saw it again. Anyone knows the whereabouts?
Old 8th April 2020, 22:12   #88
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronk View Post
Bumping an old old thread!
I remember seeing a dark blue 911 (964 most likely) in Kolkata around Gurusaday road, maybe around 12-15 years back. Never saw it again. Anyone knows the whereabouts?
If the car in the attached link is the same one you are talking about then it is still very much in Kolkata, albeit in a new avatar. It is now a shade of beige and wears a RSR livery. Had recent images but unable to find it. If someone has them, pls share.

Link - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...ml#post2826463 (Supercars & Imports : Kolkata)
Old 13th April 2020, 00:38   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
If the car in the attached link is the same one you are talking about then it is still very much in Kolkata, albeit in a new avatar. It is now a shade of beige and wears a RSR livery. Had recent images but unable to find it. If someone has them, pls share.

Link - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super...ml#post2826463 (Supercars & Imports : Kolkata)
Hi AK, not this one. That was a coupe, and looked very original atleast at that time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks