Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2021, 19:31   #16

Re: Winston - My '96 Rover Mini Cooper

Congratulations on acquiring this beautiful machine with a heart and soul! Hats off to the previous owner as well on keeping the car and all the paperwork so meticulously. I am guessing the car is ULEZ compliant as well?
thesquaremile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 20:54   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51morris View Post
The interiors are a nice and surprisingly spacious place to be in!
Congrats, nice to see another bhpian with a mini. Looks in great shape and pretty fun to drive (pocket rocket).

Here are few pics of my 93 mini WIP.

Winston - My '96 Rover Mini Cooper-5fb9dfe500be4c7cb52af9bcc1e809e5.jpeg

Winston - My '96 Rover Mini Cooper-74e29d1569da4ba2ba2694c266f1cf8f.jpeg
zibby is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 21:09   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragracer567 View Post
Those pictures are a joy to behold! The original Mini is one of my dad's favorite and I really hope to own one when I can afford to have a second car though it would probably be vintage piece of art by then!

Congrats on the purchase
Thanks a lot! The classic Minis are fairly easy to find, but the prices are going up and up. Hope you can pick one up soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesquaremile View Post
Congratulations on acquiring this beautiful machine with a heart and soul! Hats off to the previous owner as well on keeping the car and all the paperwork so meticulously. I am guessing the car is ULEZ compliant as well?
Thanks a lot! Yes, the lady did a fabulous job preserving the car.

Sadly, the Mini is NOT ULEZ compliant! And with the extensions to the ULEZ zone fast approaching (Oct '21), the boundary will be quite close to where I live. Most annoyingly, my mechanic is JUST inside the extended ULEZ zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibby View Post
Congrats, nice to see another bhpian with a mini. Looks in great shape and pretty fun to drive (pocket rocket).

Here are few pics of my 93 mini WIP.

Attachment 2187655

Attachment 2187656
Thanks, Zibby! Good to see your Mini.

Going by the black bumpers, grille and side mirrors - that looks like a 1.3L Mini Sprite. Am I right?

Hope to see the resto thread here soon!

Last edited by 51morris : 2nd August 2021 at 21:10.
51morris is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 01:21   #19
BHPian

Wow, what a beauty!! I am a fan of this car since childhood, thanks to Mr. Bean.

A textbook example of maintaining in "Mint condition". Congratulations to @51Morris and the earlier owner for such care. A delight to see such effort in preserving the car and especially the documentation, in this age of use and throw.
JReacher13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 06:57   #20
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful. It is hard to come by cars with such detailed documentation and care.

What is a bit oddball is the plastic steering wheel. Seems out of place in a car like this.

British pride being displayed on those tail lights. They have continued that trend even today.

Do you know the back story about the Mini being sold as rebadged Leyland's? I've seen quite a few in the southern hemisphere at automobile events.
sandeepmohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 07:19   #21
Senior - BHPian

That is one lucky car. It is getting passed on from one caring owner to another! Can’t stop ogling the pictures;

Being made during heyday of the British car industry, she’s a K-E-E-P-E-R.

Congratulations and best wishes!

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 3rd August 2021 at 07:21.
landcruiser123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2021, 15:15   #22
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations 51morris! It is a lovely car and she has landed up in the right hands. As you have mentioned, one can rarely find cars with such impeccable service history and documentation and once you do you have to jump for it. Mini Cooper looks best in Red Need to see the car in flesh!
BlackPearl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2021, 13:46   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51morris View Post
Thanks, Zibby! Good to see your Mini.

Going by the black bumpers, grille and side mirrors - that looks like a 1.3L Mini Sprite. Am I right?

Hope to see the resto thread here soon!
Yes its a Mini Sprite. Hopefully one day will get around with the restoration thread.
zibby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 01:55   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JReacher13 View Post
Wow, what a beauty!! I am a fan of this car since childhood, thanks to Mr. Bean.

A textbook example of maintaining in "Mint condition". Congratulations to @51Morris and the earlier owner for such care. A delight to see such effort in preserving the car and especially the documentation, in this age of use and throw.
Thank you, Reacher! The lady was simply too meticulous with preserving the car and its history. I hope to continue in her footsteps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Beautiful. It is hard to come by cars with such detailed documentation and care.

What is a bit oddball is the plastic steering wheel. Seems out of place in a car like this.

British pride being displayed on those tail lights. They have continued that trend even today.

Do you know the back story about the Mini being sold as rebadged Leyland's? I've seen quite a few in the southern hemisphere at automobile events.
Thanks, Sandeep!

While the steering does look out of place, it being leather wrapped helps. More importantly, once you start driving, none of this matters!!!

Yes, Mini's were produced in Australia till about 1978 IIRC. However, only the Clubman GT, Clubman Van and the Moke were produced there.

With regards to the Union Jack tail lamps, I was always a fan of these in the BMW Minis ever since they introduced it in 2019 (I think). One day while browsing on eBay, I came across decals that would add this classic British touch to my classic Mini. Simply loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
That is one lucky car. It is getting passed on from one caring owner to another! Can’t stop ogling the pictures;

Being made during heyday of the British car industry, she’s a K-E-E-P-E-R.

Congratulations and best wishes!
Thank you, landcruiser! I hope to take care of the car as well as the previous owner did for 25 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Congratulations 51morris! It is a lovely car and she has landed up in the right hands. As you have mentioned, one can rarely find cars with such impeccable service history and documentation and once you do you have to jump for it. Mini Cooper looks best in Red Need to see the car in flesh!
Thanks, Sumitro!

Absolutely right - it is not often that such time capsules are available. I jumped on it as soon as I learnt of his history. The moment I saw it, I knew I wanted it. And yes, the red colour did help!!

Definitely need to catch up with you one of these weekends.

Last edited by 51morris : 22nd August 2021 at 01:57.
51morris is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 18:50   #25
BHPian

Wow! What a wonderful and informative write up. Congratulations! You are extremely lucky to own such a well preserved Mini. The meticulous documentation by the previous owner is very inspirational. I have always loved this car as it reminded me of the Hindustan Landmaster 1956 ( Morris Oxford) we had in our house when I was small. Wishing you miles and miles of happiness.
amit162 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks