Team-BHP Support

Scooby,

Here is the link for you:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...hyderabad.html

ImageShack - Hosting :: rday011it6.jpg

ImageShack - Hosting :: rday010ot8.jpg
Old 27th May 2007, 14:49   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

sorry im late, but the rains knocked out my net...

a later 500 is quite desirable, more so than the earlier one u seem to be talking about...still a great starter classic. Now if the car is totally comeplete, u just have to worry about bodywork...which is timeconsuming and expensive...plus, major work means the car will most likely look "tampered with" in the end...i learnt all of the above the hard way!

Dont expect to find any spares whatsoever in india, unless they are common to a 1100 or something like that...there are plently of clubs worldwide that should assist you on that front...beware, can get expensive.

Papers are another issue...very few cars like that have clean papers, and getting them in order can be an expensive ordeal...if they are absent all together, the job is even more cumbersome...it might even mean the car doesnt have a clean history...ull have to run around agent after agent, and not always will the job be done.

pics of the car will help us in evaluating it no doubt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Try and post a few pictures of the current state and then Karl can assess he can tell you if the rubbers on the door are original or not by just seeing the pictures. He is a distinguished bhp-ian in my own view. Pester day lights out of him.
sniff sniff...im touched...pester all you want, moral!
Old 28th January 2008, 01:10   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdev29 View Post
@Godfather, the pic you have posted its of a fiat 500 but the car which i have seen i think its a different varient of 500 coz the rear of the car is something like this.
http://www.gasolinealleyantiques.com...ous/musee8.JPG

Today i have tried to talk with the owner but got to know he is not contactable, just got to know that owner himself is an enthu. about all these kind of beauties. but nobody is ready to give any information about him, and they said he will not sell the car. the worst part is they dont want to provide the name of the owner.

just to let you know guyz, its a 1953 model fiat 500.

i am really trying to get the owners information coz watchman said,there are many people coming to enquire about the car so i really wanna get in touch with the owner before somebody else do that.

I will keep you guyz posted about it.
hi th
i own a fiat 600 1962 model
u can contact me on 9880933266
javed
Old 28th January 2008, 06:34   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by javed View Post
hi th
i own a fiat 600 1962 model
u can contact me on 9880933266
javed
Hi Javed, while we'd love to see the Fiat 600, please refrain from making the same post in every 500 thread. Instead I'd recommend you start a new thread in the Vintage and Classic section and put up details of that car. It is potentially unsafe to broadcast your contact number on a public forum.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...tml#post702506
Old 28th January 2008, 13:00   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Hi Javed, while we'd love to see the Fiat 600, please refrain from making the same post in every 500 thread. Instead I'd recommend you start a new thread in the Vintage and Classic section and put up details of that car. It is potentially unsafe to broadcast your contact number on a public forum.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...tml#post702506
hi there
i really dont know how to go about posting threads etc i new to the net
i stay in bangalore u can come an see my baby any time
javed
Old 5th March 2008, 22:00   #21
BHPian

fiat 500

I own an 1936 Fiat 500A , well restored and a concourse winner. Incidentally, this model was the worlds first peoples car
Old 5th March 2008, 23:47   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S.ANANTH View Post
I own an 1936 Fiat 500A , well restored and a concourse winner. Incidentally, this model was the worlds first peoples car
Is it by any chance the yellow one??
Old 8th March 2008, 15:33   #23
BHPian

No. It is a blue one. Am trying to upload a picture of this car, but do not know how to upload
Old 14th April 2008, 11:04   #24
BHPian

Anyone owning a Fiat 600 in this forum or does anyone know anyone who has one ? Just about to strike a deal hence curious to know.
Old 14th April 2008, 13:14   #25
Senior - BHPian

Let me tell you one thing. However rosy the dream looks, Dont jump into the project if you have never done such things before. A half done restoration will be an even worse thing.

Sourcing the parts are expensive and restoration needs patience and devotion. Most people today dont have the time from their hectic lives to devote to such simple pleasures.

Are you really dedicated enough? Do you have a money reserve with unlimited capacity to pour into the car? Do you have the necessary contacts needed to source and install?

If yes, Many of us here are here to support you morally and any other ways we can. Best of luck.
Old 14th April 2008, 18:38   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Let me tell you one thing. However rosy the dream looks, Dont jump into the project if you have never done such things before. A half done restoration will be an even worse thing.

Sourcing the parts are expensive and restoration needs patience and devotion. Most people today dont have the time from their hectic lives to devote to such simple pleasures.

Are you really dedicated enough? Do you have a money reserve with unlimited capacity to pour into the car? Do you have the necessary contacts needed to source and install?

If yes, Many of us here are here to support you morally and any other ways we can. Best of luck.
Thanks Deverashi. Do own a 67 Bug and a 300D mercedes too. Yes have reasonably good idea about the resoration and stuff. Just was curious to know if anyone in the forum owns a Fiat 600 that way it would be great to interact with the person and ask some questions. Thanks for all your help, will need that in plenty in coming days. The car will reach my place next Wed (got it from Delhi) will send the pictures of the same. Found it damn cute and yes it is in running condition. May need a repaint though. But I am game.
Old 15th April 2008, 09:33   #27
Senior - BHPian

you already bought the car? congrats and best of luck. Am looking forward to some details with pics.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks