Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2010, 22:45   #181
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot Mr. President(Roni sir) for the complement. you said it right i am the person who takes up a project for the ultimate completion. I believe in full success at a shot and not in bits and pieces. Also i keep myself ready for the harsh challenges regarding replacement parts.
BTW sir your President seems very immaculate. What Polish or cleaning agent along with the surface protection do you use.
Old 8th June 2010, 22:54   #182
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sagar,
This is really an interesting project you've taken up - all the best, I'm glued to this thread .
Try to procure this special and super rare dicky-monogram. It'll make your President stand out !
And do tell us if you need any help from Mumbai !! - Of course, our Guruji Rony is always there !!!
Attached Thumbnails
My 1973 (FIAT 1100) Premier President-phone-picture-094.jpg  

Last edited by SuperSelect : 8th June 2010 at 22:56.
Old 9th June 2010, 19:39   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Hey Sagar,
This is really an interesting project you've taken up - all the best, I'm glued to this thread .
Try to procure this special and super rare dicky-monogram. It'll make your President stand out !
And do tell us if you need any help from Mumbai !! - Of course, our Guruji Rony is always there !!!
Thanks a lot Ravi bhai for the wishes. Under the guidance of our Guruji one can learn all about fiats and PP's in minutest detail whether it is any mechanical or cosmetic part. Thanks a lot for offering me help. Presently, i need two Grills(which i think i will find here), round side indicator assembly and the most important part THE PRESIDENT BADGE.
Old 10th June 2010, 01:35   #184
Senior - BHPian

Sagar ALL THE VERY BEST OF LUCK (my ishtyle) in making of the PRESIDENT. I am glued to your thread and learining much silently.
Old 10th June 2010, 07:33   #185
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot Bala bhai for the wishes. Currently the meter restoration is in the process and i have created a new thread for it. I would request you to spread the word among our fellow BHPians about this.
Here is the link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...urbishing.html
Old 10th June 2010, 12:01   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Thanks a lot Mr. President(Roni sir) for the complement. you said it right i am the person who takes up a project for the ultimate completion. I believe in full success at a shot and not in bits and pieces. Also i keep myself ready for the harsh challenges regarding replacement parts.
BTW sir your President seems very immaculate. What Polish or cleaning agent along with the surface protection do you use.
To be frank, I do not have any particular brand of polish that I use. I am lucky to have friends and cousins abroad who know about my craze for car maintenance since childhood and they bring me car care products as gifts instead of the regular chocolates and candies. So, I end up using a variety of products like Turtle Wax, Mothers, formula 1 and other common brands whichever in stock. However, will still praise the time tested and 'Value for money' Desi Waxpol for solid shades, which you will find 24X7 in stock at my place, anyways.

Last edited by President : 10th June 2010 at 12:04.
Old 10th June 2010, 12:36   #187
Senior - BHPian

Appreciate the time you took to reply my query regarding the polish. Sir i have used nearly all the products of the brand WAXPOL till date. Even bought a shoe polish they manufacture. So have the brand loyalty factor towards them. Having used it on my new car also, i had thrown the MGA polish which came with the car. I only use Waxpol on my cars and have stocked a pile of tins including Scooter polish. Your car seemed to be gleaming new so asked you this question.
Old 11th June 2010, 00:44   #188
Senior - BHPian

Sagar don't you think applying WAXPOL to the car is a tedious job. I tried on one of my car once I could hardly complete the bonnet and I got fed up though the outcome was glossy. How do you people manage the polishing with a small peice of cloth and the wax. You all must be ARMSTRONGS!!. Sagar have you tried ROBERT'S liquid polish its from Pidilite Industries, Bombay I am using on my new Bullet STD and the shine is really good. I will try it on APPU. Give it a shot buddy.
Old 11th June 2010, 07:08   #189
Senior - BHPian

Applying or rather buffing off Waxpol is surely a tedious process. It requires manual labor to such extent that one either gets fed up and stop using it or starts using Waxpol liquid polish. But the shine pays off all the hard labour. I polish the car by applying the said item with a piece of towel and buff with another one. This way its somewhat easy to remove the polish. One good point to note is that for making the applied polish disappear quickly after the polish is dry, apply a thin coat of polish over it and immediately buff out the previous one.
Thanks for mentioning the polish from Pidilite will try to use it if i get one.
Old 12th June 2010, 00:11   #190
Senior - BHPian

Ya I did try this on my UNO and it worked. I was wondering if we can use the machine which the painters use. I'm not sure if its advisable or not. What I observed in the Waxpol is that even if it showers the rain drops doesn't stay which I haven't seen in others.

We have a lot of polishes for the exterior but have any one thought about how do we polish the plastics. I have use couple of them it gives amzingly wonderful brand new feel but its just for 10-15 days and then its back to the same.
Old 30th December 2010, 20:43   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My 1973 (FIAT 1100) Premier President

'saw this poor, neglected President in a lane while I was passing through a locality in Secunderabad on my way home from office yesterday. Not my regular route, the cab driver had taken a diversion through this area.

I was fairly familiar with the locality and since I was on leave for today, was able to go again for a pic.

I dont know about the owner or any other details about the car. And it didnt have anything original overall, except for the front grille, atleast on the outside (couldnt see properly the interior with the film and dust on the glass!)

But bodily quite neat, may be an ideal project for a Fiat/President lover.

'hope it doesnt go into the ground!

My 1973 (FIAT 1100) Premier President-presseet.jpg

Last edited by Stanher : 30th December 2010 at 20:51.
Stanher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2010, 22:10   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
'saw this poor, neglected President in a lane
But bodily quite neat, may be an ideal project for a Fiat/President lover.

'hope it doesnt go into the ground!

Attachment 474690
Very interesting to look at but as you said the content of OH REE G NALITY on board looks minimal. Anyways, thank you Shyam for posting another Natina Blue PRESIDENT to get us excited!
Old 30th December 2010, 23:02   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Today i got some more addition to the President collection stuff. Bought a President meter with full Vaccum Temperature Wire. Also bought a delight meter for future needs to the FCL community. And in the process, flicked the jewel light from the car(1100D) Pics followed enjoy.And comments are most welcomed.
The instruments in the delight cluster appears to be the meters from an Ambassador. Are they autometer make? delights had only Yenkay meters. Is it not?
Old 30th December 2010, 23:29   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
Anyways, thank you Shyam for posting another Natina Blue PRESIDENT to get us excited!
This is like preaching to the Pope, therefore sorry in advance Rony, but is this in Natina Blue, or the Bayer Blue (or whatever the shade was called) that was introduced in the Padmini line-up in the late 80s/early 90s?
Old 30th December 2010, 23:36   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
This is like preaching to the Pope, therefore sorry in advance Rony, but is this in Natina Blue, or the Bayer Blue (or whatever the shade was called) that was introduced in the Padmini line-up in the late 80s/early 90s?
In this picture it does look more Natina than Bayers Blue to me. The Bayers Blue was more common on PADMINIS.
I don't remember PRESIDENTS coming in Bayers Blue though.

Most Viewed