Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2010, 23:37   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: My 1973 (FIAT 1100) Premier President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
, but is this in Natina Blue, or the Bayer Blue (or whatever the shade was called) that was introduced in the Padmini line-up in the late 80s/early 90s?
This is the original shade of Blue of 80s Padmini. The President shown by Shyam is Natina Blue.
My 1973 (FIAT 1100) Premier President-s.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
The instruments in the delight cluster appears to be the meters from an Ambassador. Are they autometer make? delights had only Yenkay meters. Is it not?
Delights had Autometer make meters too. According to Behram Sir, Yenkay's reading is considered better than Autometer.

Last edited by funkykar : 30th December 2010 at 23:42.
Old 30th December 2010, 23:48   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
In this picture it does look more Natina than Bayers Blue to me. The Bayers Blue was more common on PADMINIS.
I don't remember PRESIDENTS coming in Bayers Blue though.
#1. I did mention that the Bayer Blue was introduced in Padminis!
#2. This President could have been resprayed!

But Rony, I could be wrong, my eyes are no longer very reliable!
Old 31st December 2010, 08:18   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The instruments in the delight cluster appears to be the meters from an Ambassador. Are they autometer make? delights had only Yenkay meters. Is it not?
Though they appear to be from Ambassador, actually they are from a Fiat Delight. I myself have pulled it out from the car which was scrapped. The speedo and fuel meter are AUTOMETER make and the temperature one is VEETHREE make. Hope this clears the doubt.
Old 1st January 2011, 02:01   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Though they appear to be from Ambassador, actually they are from a Fiat Delight. I myself have pulled it out from the car which was scrapped. The speedo and fuel meter are AUTOMETER make and the temperature one is VEETHREE make. Hope this clears the doubt.
It again rekindles the doubt element because Veethree was not around on the delight days.
Old 1st January 2011, 06:47   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It again rekindles the doubt element because Veethree was not around on the delight days.
VETHREE make temp Meter is wire type unlike the Autometer/Yenkay which is gas filled cable.

So mostly the Temp Meter was changed may be cos the engine head was changed and the old type gas filled cable couldnt be fixed as later Padmini temp meter switch/adapter on head was different.
Old 1st January 2011, 09:07   #201
Senior - BHPian

Funkykar regarding the Vethree temp gauge, its an after market fitment but is a gas filled one and not the wire sensor one. I myself witnessed the removal of the meter and the head was totally original without any adapter to fit the wired one. So most probably it must have been fitted as a replacement for the original one.
Old 12th June 2012, 13:15   #202

Hello

I live in Lucknow and have a 1974 model Premier President car in perfect running condition. Lately it has been giving problems in starting up and its tuning is also due.

My old mechanic is not able to do the job anymore and I am on the lookout for an expert mechanic or garage in this model in Lucknow.

Can anybody help me? Thanks in advance.
Old 12th June 2012, 19:21   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiatPresident View Post
Hello

I live in Lucknow and have a 1974 model Premier President car in perfect running condition. Lately it has been giving problems in starting up and its tuning is also due.

My old mechanic is not able to do the job anymore and I am on the lookout for an expert mechanic or garage in this model in Lucknow.

Its very nice to hear that you have a President more so as you too are from Lucknow, i too belong to the same city and own a S1. I will be glad to help you out but can't send you PM so please mail me at fiat1100clublucknow@gmail.com

Last edited by samsag12 : 12th June 2012 at 19:23.
Old 23rd June 2012, 18:37   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiatPresident View Post
Hello

Whats the status on the car, i hope the contacts i mentioned helped you in sorting out the problems. If not, please call me.
Old 4th February 2015, 14:21   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
'
Quote:
I got some really epic images of MTJ 648.

The man- and his machine.

My 1973 (FIAT 1100) Premier President-getty-images-president.jpg

Look at the contrast! What a shot!

My 1973 (FIAT 1100) Premier President-mtj-0648-taxi-president.jpg

Credits: Getty images.
FINTAIL is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th February 2015, 22:21   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
I got some really epic images of MTJ 648.

The man- and his machine.
Lovely indeed! Got any hi-res ones?

And any idea who shot em?
Old 5th February 2015, 13:39   #207
BHPian

Quote:

And any idea who shot em?
Those pics were taken by David Shaftel of NewYork Times, for an article in their earlier issue. Location is Carter Road, Bandra.
President is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2015, 14:08   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Those pics were taken by David Shaftel of NewYork Times, for an article in their earlier issue. Location is Carter Road, Bandra.
More can be followed in this link: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/30/au...attle-off.html

Read what exactly Ronnie has said.
FINTAIL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 00:13   #209
BHPian

Having grown up looking at Fiats in my neighbourhood, loving the elegant lines and nice growl, looking at tastefully modded / customized ones, admiring the hardiness, I finally was able to get a nice Padmini a few weeks back.

I looked around to find a good president, but not many are around and even fewer are for sale (which is good, because it means the owners want them).

The small round side repeaters, the nice aluminium grill with the Fiat badge, the aluminum tail and number plate lights, the lovely steering with a round horn button and horn ring, still beckon me, and hopefully I will find a nice 1100D / President some day soon.

I seriously don't understand the basis on which decisions are taken by the government.

Recently, Delhi effected a ban on diesel vehicles more than 10 years old, imposed by NGT. There are vehicles that are less than 10 years old, but pollute a lot, and then there are well cared for ones that stay within limits even after decades.

As we are all aware, under the transport ministry, there are already provisions made in the law to weed out vehicles that are not roadworthy anymore.

1. Registration of new vehicles is possible only if they are conforming to current pollution norms
2. Mandatory emission check once every 6 months
3. Fitness test every 5th year from 15th year onward for private vehicles and every year for commercial vehicles, where PUC certificate needs to be produced.

If all these measures are strictly enforced, what is the need for such an unscientific dictatorial law to be passed by a parallel arm of the government?
autocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2019, 22:04   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

Just thought of giving this thread a quick jump start by sharing news/pics of a very original (barring a few bits- which I've already got original replacements for) President I've recently bought, a one-family owned car bought by the late first owner, a n ex-Army colonel in Bangalore, though the car has been here in Hyderabad ever since twas brought here by his daughter in 2009. Came with the original manual too- also seems to have the original upholstery intact under the current seat covers.
Getting some mechanical work done then moving on to the cosmetics!
Stay tuned for updates, just don't hold your breath!
Attached Thumbnails
My 1973 (FIAT 1100) Premier President-20190628_170201.jpg  

Stanher is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks