Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2007, 23:26   #76
BHPian

My President to be back on road!

Yes Guys,

I'm all excited to pull out ma President from hibernation. Rains are over and the FCCCI - Mumbai rally nextdoor. Tomorrow, ie: Saturday noon I will be visiting my beauty after almost two months and am all excited to drive her back home to Bandra from my uncle's Malabar Hill basement parking where she was lying low due to the monsoons. The car will then be treated with fresh stocks of Car treatment products and smell fresh and crisp once again to get ready to rally.
Sunday 9.30 am at Bandra reclamation she will be proudly participating in the rally and thereafter awaiting the suspension and underbody preservation project. She will then get new footwear and be ready to rock n roll for the future monthly rallies in Mumbai.
Can't wait till tomorrow!! 12 hrs to go.
Old 6th October 2007, 00:18   #77
Senior - BHPian

Karl! Yours is the only president i've seen without the MTJ registration!!! that makes it special eh???
Old 18th October 2007, 11:43   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

There is a Premier President in Deolali. The owner just refuses to part with it.

Sigh !

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 10th March 2008, 14:59   #79

can you please enlighten me about the diff in president and padmini
Old 10th March 2008, 15:59   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savin_Shetty View Post
can you please enlighten me about the diff in president and padmini
Welcome aboard, savin!

You can find details on the features of the President vs. Padmini in the earlier pages of this very thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...-1973-a-2.html
Old 17th March 2008, 12:39   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Shyam for reviving the President thread. We all visited President's house after the Thane rally and we were all delighted to see his collection of parts, especially wheel caps. I am looking forward to tune his President with a brand new MCS1062 carburettor. Anytime Rony.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 18th March 2008, 01:22   #82
BHPian

@BEHRAM: Many thanks for your concern about my PRESIDENT.
As you know my mini restoration is progressing at snales pace and I am in no hurry either as this a hobby and passion car for me. But, whatever I do, is being done to perfection and I have left no stone unturned to scout for all "ORIGINAL" parts which are very difficult to source in brand new condition.

Right now the car is laid up on rear two stands awaiting fitment of rear suspension.
The rear suspension and the replacement fuel tank is primered/painted and ready to be fitted.

It will be on the car by weekend and then I will bother you for the 'tune up' once the new carb and delco are also plonked in.

Cheers!

Rony
President is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2008, 10:38   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

How is the work progressing? I believe the car is back on roads? Do post your experiences.
Old 30th April 2008, 14:34   #84
BHPian

I suppose he is getting the car for the next FCCCI Mumbai meet on perhaps 11th May.
Old 1st May 2008, 01:16   #85
BHPian

@Karl. Thanks for your concern. Yes, the PRESIDENT is back on road, but as you know the Mini Restoration is progressing at snails pace. The replacement fuel tank and rear suspension is all nicely painted and assembled in position. Rear Suspension renewed with new VIR bushings and two rear Gabriel Shock Absorbers which I purchased from Shetty Motors at Opera house. Now the front suspension is pending which I hope to finish before stowing the car away indoors before onset of monsoon. I also plan to open the oil sump to check for carbon / sludge and clean up, if time permits. As you can see, I go very slowly, but perfectly and step by step. This is the whole idea of restoration to associate with the car continuously while enjoying the ownership, over a period of time.

@Adheesh: Yes, I do plan to bring the PRESIDENT for 11th May FCCCI meet (provided that it is postponed from 4th May, for lack of member participation)
And this time we want to see your PADMINI as well, after all the efforts you have put in over the last few weeks.

Last edited by President : 1st May 2008 at 01:20.
President is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2008, 23:56   #86
BHPian

PRESIDENT is ready for FCCCI meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Thanks Shyam for reviving the President thread. We all visited President's house after the Thane rally and we were all delighted to see his collection of parts, especially wheel caps. I am looking forward to tune his President with a brand new MCS1062 carburettor. Anytime Rony.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Hi Behram,

I must let you know that the new 1062 Solex pumping type Carb that I had in spare is now 'IN' today. I also got all the four brakes serviced, new LUCAS CUT OUT and DYNAMO fitted to replace the 'UNORIGINAL' ALTERNATOR which I threw away.
Yes, I know you must be having a good laugh at me,
but thats what I am ......MR. ORIGINAL.
(By the way, thats my nick name in my colony)
He he!

So now I am looking forward to having your magical fingers RE-TUNE my PRESIDENT at your convenience.
I am very anxious to drive my 'Rani' to the Sunday meet at 5 gardens.
Hoping to see you all there and have lots of fun.

@PUNE and THANE guys: Please try to make it this time.
There may be some unexpected new FIAT entries for the meet which will be a pleasant and welcomed surprise.

Last edited by President : 9th May 2008 at 23:58.
Old 10th May 2008, 00:35   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
@PUNE and THANE guys: Please try to make it this time.
There may be some unexpected new FIAT entries for the meet which will be a pleasant and welcomed surprise.
Roni..Which new entries??
Old 10th May 2008, 13:41   #88
BHPian

FCCCI meet 11 th May '08, new Entries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA View Post
Roni..Which new entries??
Kaizad Engineer with his Conti engine FIAT delite, Keith Mascarenhas (of the VW fame) with his '57 Elegant, Jimmy Marker with his '57 Elegant, Fali Dhondy with his Fiat Spider and Siddharth with his Fiat 600, were expected but I am not sure if Jimmy and Fali can make it. Kaizads Delite (Faster than a CIVIC in the drag) is not ready, but he may end up in his stunning Moris Minor recently restored.
And Siddharth too may join us in his Beetle since his Fiat 600 is crippled with a broken axle. And Uncle Krish (Feroze Mehta) coming with his Morris.

@CYRUS, I guess, I have now broken the suspense of the new entries.
Old 10th May 2008, 14:49   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
Kaizad Engineer with his Conti engine FIAT delite, Keith Mascarenhas (of the VW fame) with his '57 Elegant, Jimmy Marker with his '57 Elegant, Fali Dhondy with his Fiat Spider and Siddharth with his Fiat 600, were expected but I am not sure if Jimmy and Fali can make it. Kaizads Delite (Faster than a CIVIC in the drag) is not ready, but he may end up in his stunning Moris Minor recently restored.
And Siddharth too may join us in his Beetle since his Fiat 600 is crippled with a broken axle. And Uncle Krish (Feroze Mehta) coming with his Morris.

@CYRUS, I guess, I have now broken the suspense of the new entries.
Yes you have!!!!

As i have always said..The more the merrier. I am dying to see that Turbo Conti Fiat.
Old 18th August 2008, 21:46   #90
Senior - BHPian

Saw this Premier President today at CST road. Body seems in reasonably in good shape and importantly, free of rust (It's an MTJ reg, after all.). Has a few aluminium bits - side patties and number plate lights, and a nice spartan dash with the original meters. Also, no chrome strip on the front and rear windscreen rubbers. Nice. I want. I want. Boo hoo hoo.. She's been de registered for scrapping, and can only be bought as a body - exchange.
Attached Thumbnails
My 1973 (FIAT 1100) Premier President-phone-picture-094.jpg  

My 1973 (FIAT 1100) Premier President-phone-picture-091.jpg  

My 1973 (FIAT 1100) Premier President-phone-picture-093.jpg  

My 1973 (FIAT 1100) Premier President-phone-picture-092.jpg  

My 1973 (FIAT 1100) Premier President-phone-picture-090.jpg  

Most Viewed