Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2007, 16:19   #1

66' Mustang - An American Horse's Reincarnation on Indian Street

A true story of a Mustang found shattered, lying in a gutter outside Filmcity Goregaon in 2000.

Suraj Bhalla of Team Motor Works - Mumbai, an automobile engineer from Australia & New Zealand. He came down from Australia to India with a baggage of plans, vision & a certain lifestyle attributes for automobile industry which he would start his life in India with.

Suraj's passsion leads him to Filmcity where at one point, we could see a lot of classic cars used in films back in the days and the same are lying dead now.

On his escapade to look for a vintage car near the Filmcity area, there was a thunder, lighting and storm running in Suraj's head.... something was going to happen... and...

Suraj's 1st Visual experience - A Mustang lying half submerged in muck, all sought of insects, bacterias, worms etc had some lifestyle with Mustang parked in their vicinity.

I am sure looking at the complete picture, then we had assumed that this Mustang had its string attached to Bollywood... Our assumptions were right... One of the right owner was Nutans Family

Find out how this Mustang starts to gallop, and then gallops his way to fame...
You can experience a visual story from here on about the Mustang on YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. look for a clip 66' Mustang Reincarnation as Hritik's buddy
Old 29th June 2007, 17:20   #2
Team-BHP Support

Cartel, the restoration work is highly appreciated. Only an enthusiast will know what it takes to convert junk into a fabulous car! I am not happy with its current state with the big muffler exhaust, etc. but still the work that has gone into it must have costed many sleepless nights. Great job.
Old 29th June 2007, 17:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

The first restoration was good.
And then they made it a ricer. Yuck!
nitrous is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2007, 17:58   #4

(Great Job... Team Motor Works - Suraj) Thanks illusion for participating with your point of view, I am sure a talent like Suraj around our country need things coming from an eye of enthusiasts. This Mustang is the most pampered one in our country ever since 2000 the year of its reincarnation of having variety of persona tried & tested, and is always on experiments.

I am already tracking its new Avtaar... Will keep you posted.

- Cheers[COLOR=black][/COLOR]
Old 29th June 2007, 18:25   #5
Team-BHP Support

I just found 2 pictures of the car which I had taken at the Vintage car rally:

Mustang 1

Mustang 2
Old 29th June 2007, 19:08   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I just found 2 pictures of the car which I had taken at the Vintage car rally:

Mustang 1

Mustang 2
Thats the same Mustang... Did you manage to hear the sound of this horse at the Vintage show...
Old 29th June 2007, 19:08   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

here she is at this years bombay rally...

Old 29th June 2007, 20:31   #8
BHPian

i didnt quite like the paint job at starting the blue and yellow and also the new painy but the huge fart cannon behind also desn't blend with the pony image any idea which engine they used the 170,200,250 engines but this 64-68 body i love them in the mustang series but nice restoration.
Old 30th June 2007, 00:38   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Cartel, the restoration work is highly appreciated. Only an enthusiast will know what it takes to convert junk into a fabulous car! I am not happy with its current state with the big muffler exhaust, etc. but still the work that has gone into it must have costed many sleepless nights. Great job.
Cartel, I dont think your friend was trying to restore her in its full glory. I think he wanted more to modify her. This im saying is because nothing is restored in its originality in the car. Thats why maybe hes doing a kind of a hot rod version of it. Altough personally I dont like the paint, I know what work goes in this restoration bit. Ive seen the car closely at Juhu Bandh and noticed that even the upholstery is more of a custom job. Why I say this is because ive seen other cars being restored there too and those jobs are pretty detailed so he must have chosen to modify this Mustang. IMHO one should not do any bling on a Mustang. Please tell him to loose that horrid muffler tough and the ugly wheels too

Last edited by V-16 : 30th June 2007 at 00:49. Reason: change
Old 30th June 2007, 00:46   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
IMHO one should not do any bling on a Mustang. Please tell him to loose that horrid muffler tough
yes that is what the new gen of muscle lovers want for example a muscle cars were never meant to have low profile tires of shiny rims but big fat ones blend in better.

this i the new trend with the chip foose style or the new age muscle cars.but he is good at what he does.love his paint jobs.

but overall its a good job by taking a junk car and restoring it he gets credit for that.
Old 30th June 2007, 00:54   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
yes that is what the new gen of muscle lovers want for example a muscle cars were never meant to have low profile tires of shiny rims but big fat ones blend in better.

this i the new trend with the chip foose style or the new age muscle cars.but he is good at what he does.love his paint jobs.

but overall its a good job by taking a junk car and restoring it he gets credit for that.
As i said i know what a pain (sweet pain) it is to restore a car. Im a fan of chip foose too but hes got his own brand. He almost hot rods his cars and the job is 100% custom from the engine to whatever. I fully appreciate this effort but IMHO i would've left her original and done modiications only on the inside, keeping the retro classic lok alive...strictly no bling tough. I remember he did a 48 Cadillac convertible and only did a custom paint on her. He restored all other parts to their original spanking condition tough.
V-16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2007, 01:06   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
As i said i know what a pain (sweet pain) it is to restore a car. Im a fan of chip foose too but hes got his own brand. He almost hot rods his cars and the job is 100% custom from the engine to whatever. I fully appreciate this effort but IMHO i would've left her original and done modiications only on the inside, keeping the retro classic lok alive...strictly no bling tough. I remember he did a 48 Cadillac convertible and only did a custom paint on her. He restored all other parts to their original spanking condition tough.
i agree from what the car was to what the car is a great job done by him.i would have done the same kept the car as stock as possible.v-16 or cartel do you mind posting some more pics of his vintage restoration projects and also a little about his rx7.
Old 30th June 2007, 01:51   #13
Senior - BHPian

Mustangs from the 60's have such a solid image...just love em!!!

Most people prefer to stick to the 2 tone paint job, only the doors and side fairings have a dark blue/light blue combo, or sometimes a light & dark brown color. The jet black is the best..

Would love to see more pics of this 66 Mustang. Hats off to the guy for his efforts..
Old 30th June 2007, 11:20   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

hey do we have any "before" pics of the car previous to the restoration? thatd make an interesting comparo...
Old 30th June 2007, 11:33   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
hey do we have any "before" pics of the car previous to the restoration? thatd make an interesting comparo...
Check the Video on the link posted by Cartel. Its there albeit not very clear.

EDIT: Here is the earlier state of the car when it had Esteem wheels Mustang TMW

Last edited by moralfibre : 30th June 2007 at 11:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks