Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2009, 00:22   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Girish, congrats on the Suvega!! 'looks like a very clean piece you got! Although I liked the ones with the metal Suvega monogram better- 'wish I had picked up MEE 1066 (any news on this one, pavan??) :(
Old 24th April 2009, 10:43   #137
Senior - BHPian

Suvega old model

1974 model suvega .. restorable, pulled out of the garage to get **** along with an additional Engine made in france.

The Suvega moped!-image020.jpg

The Suvega moped!-image013.jpg

This suvega is completing 35years of it's life on 29 April, as the RC book reads the registration date as 29th April 1974
Old 28th April 2009, 21:16   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
Lovely Suvega you have there.

Please post more pics after she is back from movie-shooting
Satosh bro, just watch this "Trailer"

Your fav machine featuring.... ( my Suvega)
Old 28th April 2009, 21:19   #139
Senior - BHPian

Hi everyone

Sorry i have recently joined team bhp.I also have a moped which i have got restored 2 years back.It starts very well but i cannot ride it because i require new tyres and tubes for it.If anybody knows where they are available please do let me know.Thank You
Old 28th April 2009, 23:42   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Hi everyone

Sorry i have recently joined team bhp.I also have a moped which i have got restored 2 years back.It starts very well but i cannot ride it because i require new tyres and tubes for it.If anybody knows where they are available please do let me know.Thank You

You can source it in Chennai. Either in GP road or Pudupet, I'm sure I have seen it in a shop.

Also it is available in Kilpauk Garden area's automobile shop in Chennai.

Not only that, I can source some new parts for suvega as well. If any one of you visiting chennai let me know I can help you getting them.

Last edited by trammway : 28th April 2009 at 23:53.
Old 29th April 2009, 14:44   #141
Senior - BHPian

Thank You will klet you know soon about it. Do you have any idea how much would a set of tires along with tubes cost?
Old 29th April 2009, 15:37   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Hi everyone

Indrojit,

Have you tried shops in Wellington & Mullickbazar? There are many shops which store parts for old 2 wheelers. I know a few shopkeepers in Wellington who might be able to help you out. Do PM me when you are in Kolkata. Would be glad to take you there.

I can also find out the part for you, if you give me the wheel and tyre size required.
Old 1st May 2009, 04:13   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertwin View Post
Satosh bro, just watch this "Trailer"

Your fav machine featuring.... ( my Suvega)
Thanks for sharing the video featuring your lovely Suvega. Some other interesting automobiles too used in the movie.

Last edited by S@~+#0$# : 1st May 2009 at 04:14.
Old 2nd May 2009, 14:25   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
Thanks for sharing the video featuring your lovely Suvega. Some other interesting automobiles too used in the movie.
Yes, you can see my some of my other machines, like Lambretta Li 150, Jawa 250, Yezdi jet,Mini Bullet & my '40 s English Hub -dYNAMO HUMBER bi-cycle.
A beautiful Elegant Fiat & a 210 SE Benz along with Cycle Richshaws & Animal Driven Taxis ( These four & Three wheel stuff are not mine!!)
Old 10th May 2009, 22:34   #145
Senior - BHPian

The early model Suvegas were carrying motobecane identification plate on the front fork neck.

I found them on my old Suvega and same for your eyes. I sold one of the Suvega recently to our Team-BHP member which had this plate.

Also the rear carrier in this models had M stencil cut on the metal.

The Suvega moped!-image019.jpg

The Suvega moped!-image017.jpg
Old 1st June 2009, 06:37   #146
Senior - BHPian

Sujatha Comfort

Did anyone heard about a tiny wheeled bobby like mix and match moped called "Sujatha Comfort" ?

I came to know such a two wheelers existed from Coimbatore, it had Bajaj Scooter wheels with Suvega engine. Hmmm interesting find right ? I saw one of them here in Tamilnadu recently. I really didn't miss recording it in my camera however, the one I saw was heavily modified with engine transplantation and headlight dome change. Currently the Sujatha comfort I saw was running with TVS 50XL model's engine and the truck's revearse assistant light as headlight.

Unfortunately I couldn't post the Sujatha Comfort picture now as I didn't download it form my mobile. It will be made available here in this evening.

I hope some one from Coimbatore may have more information about Sujatha Comfort.
Old 5th June 2009, 11:49   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
Did anyone heard about a tiny wheeled bobby like mix and match moped called "Sujatha Comfort" ?
Hi Trammway...Have heard of the 'SC' and remember seeing a couple of them in Bangalore during my childhood days...a squatish machine and squarish headlamps, if my fading memory serves me right...this was early 80s/late 70s...
Old 5th June 2009, 15:06   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi Trammway...Have heard of the 'SC' and remember seeing a couple of them in Bangalore during my childhood days...a squatish machine and squarish headlamps, if my fading memory serves me right...this was early 80s/late 70s...
Ah.. you got it right. I will post the pics soon here.. just running out of time... The Sujatha Comfort.
Old 7th June 2009, 19:12   #149
Senior - BHPian

Here is the picture of Sujatha Comfort. The one in the picture is powered with TVS XL engine, acutally it came with Suvega engine.
Attached Thumbnails
The Suvega moped!-image006.jpg  

Old 7th June 2009, 21:35   #150
BHPian

That was very good find Trammway.......

What was the company made it ? How many sold ? any more information ?

Most Viewed