Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2010, 20:42   #166
BHPian

Thanks GPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishpv View Post
MKK,

Sure, will do your Bantam.......but you may have to wait atleast 2 years, I got enough work till then.....hehee........

I was so busy this time, that even I did not speak properly with some of TBHPians too....sorry guys....

I was thinking of same green color, but for some reason I wanted bright color.....no worries after 2/3 years, will change back to green.

Any chance for stickers ?

regards
Ho!! GPV,
I always knew "YOUR HANDS ARE OPEN" ......
Now, even you have a big HEART !! & a BIG wallet too..
Old 18th July 2010, 17:46   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

A suvega that was shown to me for sale at a 2-wheeler mech. a couple of months ago. It didnt have papers and seemed to be a non-runner. Plus price quoted was a bit high (IMHO) so I didnt take it, even though it definitely seemed complete.

The Suvega moped!-suvjunk.jpg

The Suvega moped!-suvjunk02.jpg

The Suvega moped!-img_5808.jpg
Old 21st February 2011, 10:07   #168
BHPian

Re: Suvega !

Hello,

Anyone here have the specs for Suvega Smarat?

Pics may be.. and chances of spares?

Srini
Old 13th September 2011, 23:37   #169

Hi,

Does anyone have a rear brake flange for a Suvega moped (remake type av 44) for sale?

Thanks,

Richard
Old 19th September 2011, 23:46   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlazarowich View Post
Hi,

Does anyone have a rear brake flange for a Suvega moped (remake type av 44) for sale?

Thanks,

Richard
Hi,
Just find a pic contains Suvega parts, in this post, will try to dig it out, may be deep inside
Even if it is not in this box>>>, will get you one...may be S/H also
PM , me the parts you desperately need for Suvega
Cheers!!
KMK
ps: can get you DONOR moped also, but need some time to find one
pps: All those parts has been confirmed for Tbhpian only...in case you need anything in particular, just pm, will get it from him, by request!!
Old 20th September 2011, 10:45   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertwin View Post
Hi,
Just find a pic contains Suvega parts, in this post, will try to dig it out, may be deep inside
Even if it is not in this box>>>, will get you one...may be S/H also
PM , me the parts you desperately need for Suvega
Cheers!!
KMK
ps: can get you DONOR moped also, but need some time to find one
pps: All those parts has been confirmed for Tbhpian only...in case you need anything in particular, just pm, will get it from him, by request!!
Awesome, thank you! I need a rear brake flange like that one you have in the picture. The diameter across the brakes is a little smaller than 80mm. I also need a BeePee Headlight. I am also looking for an Ibex carburetor. Those I definitely need. Other things are cosmetic like Suvega mud flap and Carex reflectors. I am willing to buy other NOS Suvega parts, too.

How can I pm you on this service?

Richard
Old 20th September 2011, 22:01   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Awesome, thank you! I need a rear brake flange like that one you have in the picture. The diameter across the brakes is a little smaller than 80mm. I also need a BeePee Headlight. I am also looking for an Ibex carburetor. Those I definitely need. Other things are cosmetic like Suvega mud flap and Carex reflectors. I am willing to buy other NOS Suvega parts, too.

How can I pm you on this service?

Richard
Hi Richard,
Let me clarify certain things, I don't deal with parts or bikes!!
Those parts you have seen was bought for another Tbhpian( details in a PM to you)
This particular pic was clicked to show him, to identify the parts, apart from Suvega there I can see few Hero majestic & Luna parts to..
If can see any of the parts, which fulfills your wish list.....sure i can arrange, after taking his permission ( till this moment it is @ my garage, yet to be sent though.......mind he is also a real Enthusiast like we{?})
But for sure , you can Pm me your requirements?
will try to get it
BTW, Forget not to furnish your R location!!!
Cheers!!
KMK
Old 20th September 2011, 23:34   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertwin View Post
Hi Richard,
Let me clarify certain things, I don't deal with parts or bikes!!
Those parts you have seen was bought for another Tbhpian( details in a PM to you)
This particular pic was clicked to show him, to identify the parts, apart from Suvega there I can see few Hero majestic & Luna parts to..
If can see any of the parts, which fulfills your wish list.....sure i can arrange, after taking his permission ( till this moment it is @ my garage, yet to be sent though.......mind he is also a real Enthusiast like we{?})
But for sure , you can Pm me your requirements?
will try to get it
BTW, Forget not to furnish your R location!!!
Cheers!!
KMK
Hi,

I have uploaded some photos. As long as the brake flange is 80mm and has a lever it will work. I live in California so it is very difficult to locate parts. Thanks for your help!

Richard
Attached Thumbnails
The Suvega moped!-carb-1.jpg  

The Suvega moped!-carb2.jpg  

The Suvega moped!-headlight.jpg  

The Suvega moped!-reflector.jpg  

The Suvega moped!-mudflap.jpg  

The Suvega moped!-brake.jpg  

Old 24th September 2011, 06:22   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I have uploaded some photos. As long as the brake flange is 80mm and has a lever it will work. I live in California so it is very difficult to locate parts. Thanks for your help!

Richard
Hi,
There is a PM waiting for you, just check out!!
BTW, If you post pics of your Suvega, before dismantling stage, it would be easy to identify certain things...any way
' am happy, if my PM helps you at least a bit in restoring your Moped, S-U-V-E-G-A
Cheers
Muthu Kumar
Old 24th September 2011, 06:58   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
There was one BSA Bond & another BSA too (Forgot the name). And the Enfield Explorer & SIlver plus. Anyone got snaps of those ? The explorer was a little beauty with no power.
I strictly object your honor!!
You mean like the one posted here>>

Hee!! he!! this is my recently restored EXPLORER C5 50 ( 1985)
few star tracks about this puny machine:>>
* This Explorer's German cousin Zundapp CS50, a water cooled version 's Land speed record of 163kmph in a Endurance run at mid '70s,..is yet to broken by any 50cc machines till date ( might be a modified though!!)
** Just check out more details of this wonderful machine at exclusive thread where we have discussed many more about "Enfeild EXPLORER" in this Tbhp forum
Old 26th September 2011, 00:51   #176
BHPian

"* This Explorer's German cousin Zundapp CS50, a water cooled version 's Land speed record of 163kmph in a Endurance run at mid '70s,..is yet to broken by any 50cc machines till date ( might be a modified though!!)"

Just for clarification, u mean this speed was achieved on a stock engine?
Old 11th October 2011, 23:07   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
"* This Explorer's German cousin Zundapp CS50, a water cooled version 's Land speed record of 163kmph in a Endurance run at mid '70s,..is yet to broken by any 50cc machines till date ( might be a modified though!!)"

Just for clarification, u mean this speed was achieved on a stock engine?
For any competition machines, that to in this kind of " Endurance run", for sure there would have been modifications, with limitations like.....not replacing the basic mill...may be upgraded port timing, better carburetor, performance pistons with better tuned exhausts and enhancing the bike stability to hold the machine at that kind of speeds!!
Here this Land speed record is for a machine under 50cc......this proves the Versatility of this Bike( power-train) & its basic built quality of legendary Zundapp s.....Typical German engineering must say!!
Old 11th October 2011, 23:24   #178
BHPian

Quote:

Richard
Hope you would have gone through my mail with the parts I have reserved for you....any way posting the pics here also>>
My question to our fellow Tbhpians:-
These parts found in the pics have to reach our Richard to California from Coimbatore, Richard has preferred FEDEX as his courier ( even i prefer Fedex), will they agree for " TO PAY" ?, unless the recipient is a account holder with FEDEX?
Apart from my declaration letter & stuff...what else do they expect??
till now most of the occasions I have been the recipient, that to from Commercial guys with appropriate documents...hence no issues so far...
..hence no commercial value involved in this transaction from Coimbatore to California.....from Tbhpian to another tbhpian.....can any experienced Tbhpians advice the safe & trouble free method to be adopted!!
the parts to be sent ( few petty things yet to reach me though..)

Old 17th October 2011, 08:52   #179
BHPian

Pearl yamaha @ Tamil Nadu

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
This was a 65cc geared moped sold in India from 1965 till I guess 1970-71 or so. Manufactured in Tamil Nadu with technology from Yamaha it was very contemporary for its times. .green was its signature color.
Strictly object you honor!! for ...> saying PEAL YAMAHA was Manufactured in Tamil Nadu
That to by anjan ji !!
Well there are few tit bits scattered every where at Tbhp forum it self
Pearl Yamaha was brought to us by m/s Pearl Industries a Textile Baron at that period of time ( early or mid '60s)
from LUDHIANA, Punjab .
At recent times I have seen one at TAMIL NADU, just before picking it ....for me...yet to reach my garage...think she will reach me by the course of next week
here is the pic>>

Now I will be one among the Elite gang to have " All the THREE best Yamahas...which came to India & won accolades
1) pearl yamaha
2) RX 100
& 3) RD 350
Cheers

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Your post has been edited since it contained one too many smilies and dotted lines..............
Team-BHP is viewed by people from all walks of life, and they prefer an uncluttered post protocol. We would much appreciate you restricting the smilie usage to 2 per post. Thanks!

Last edited by karlosdeville : 17th October 2011 at 19:46. Reason: See note in post
powertwin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2011, 21:31   #180
BHPian

After a long long time my Post, huhhhh

Hi All

I am looking for the following Suvega spares

Suvega Main Stand
Suvega Carburetor
Suvega written Monograms for Left and Right side of the frame
Tank Cap
Tank Monogram