Suvega Main Stand
Suvega Carburetor
Suvega written Monograms for Left and Right side of the frame
Tank Cap
Tank Monogram
Decomp small Lever

Anything thing more is welcomed

Cheers !!!
Hope you don't mind taking a Sturmy Archer Bicycle Gear shifter, apart from the above mentioned Suvega parts !!
A mail will reach you , by the course of next week, BTW what's wrong with your Spaco Carb?
Old 28th October 2011, 11:43   #182
BHPian

Re: Suvega !

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertwin View Post
Hope you don't mind taking a Sturmy Archer Bicycle Gear shifter, apart from the above mentioned Suvega parts !!
A mail will reach you , by the course of next week, BTW what's wrong with your Spaco Carb?

Ha ha, Nope i do not mind the SA Trigger at all

The carb was broken, was filled with MSEAL

I am only counting on you for all the parts as you are a Messiah for Mopeds, lolll
Old 28th October 2011, 17:19   #183
BHPian

Back in the early 90s, I was living with my "Mama-ji" in B'lore and he used to own this Suvega that he used to start in the exact same way Guderian described it, press small lever on the left handle bar, run, jump into seat, release lever and accelerate at the same time, and then wait for us 2 kids to catch up and sit on the pillion seat that was waaay below the driver's, and then "take off" sedately. :-D

I remember one time it was my mom pillion, my brother sitting on her lap, me crouching on the front bar (chassis, whatever), and my Mama-ji, we all rode from Viveknagar to HAL stage III and back!! Must have been a sight to behold! Good old days.
Old 29th October 2011, 01:32   #184
BHPian

Guys what is the exact tyre size to ask for a suvega, any substitutes ?
Old 30th October 2011, 16:58   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82rawath View Post
Guys what is the exact tyre size to ask for a suvega, any substitutes ?
Just ask for 2.25X19 Moped tires,..for sure you'll get it
Why substitutes??
TVS & Dunlop (Falcon) Tyres still manufacture & sell it.....get it!!
Cheers,
KMK
Old 31st October 2011, 12:58   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Just ask for 2.25X19 Moped tires,..for sure you'll get it
Why substitutes??
TVS & Dunlop (Falcon) Tyres still manufacture & sell it.....get it!!
Cheers,
KMK

Thankyou very much Sir
Old 19th November 2011, 22:39   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Hope you would have gone through my mail with the parts I have reserved for you....any way posting the pics here also>>
My question to our fellow Tbhpians:-
These parts found in the pics have to reach our Richard to California from Coimbatore, Richard has preferred FEDEX as his courier ( even i prefer Fedex), will they agree for " TO PAY" ?, unless the recipient is a account holder with FEDEX?
Apart from my declaration letter & stuff...what else do they expect??
till now most of the occasions I have been the recipient, that to from Commercial guys with appropriate documents...hence no issues so far...
..hence no commercial value involved in this transaction from Coimbatore to California.....from Tbhpian to another tbhpian.....can any experienced Tbhpians advice the safe & trouble free method to be adopted!!
the parts to be sent ( few petty things yet to reach me though..)

Thank you Richard !!!
For teaching me a lession, how should I react to any of the parts inquires from fellow members at least in future(particularly guys from abroad)
All the parts(as in the above pic + some last minute addisions) was sent to you to USA, not expecting any returns either monetary or any other parts jumbling....It was done to encourage a Foreigner to restore a INDIAN made Machine ( Suvega)....in that aspect 'am happy with, but inspite of so many mails & pm's you haven't replied or acknowledged them.
Out of my curiosity , I have checked the Fedex authorites..it has been received at your end a couple of weeks before.any way if my Indian made parts sent from me helps to restore a Indian manufacterd Bike at United States of America....I will be happy......keep restoring..keep in touch with TBHP,( even if not with me) if you are a true enthusiast
regards,
Muthu.K.Kumar
ps: This Richard is our Overseas member>>>" rlazarowich "
powertwin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2011, 00:15   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Richard !!!
For teaching me a lession, how should I react to any of the parts inquires from fellow members at least in future(particularly guys from abroad)
All the parts(as in the above pic + some last minute addisions) was sent to you to USA, not expecting any returns either monetary or any other parts jumbling....It was done to encourage a Foreigner to restore a INDIAN made Machine ( Suvega)....in that aspect 'am happy with, but inspite of so many mails & pm's you haven't replied or acknowledged them.
Out of my curiosity , I have checked the Fedex authorites..it has been received at your end a couple of weeks before.any way if my Indian made parts sent from me helps to restore a Indian manufacterd Bike at United States of America....I will be happy......keep restoring..keep in touch with TBHP,( even if not with me) if you are a true enthusiast
regards,
Muthu.K.Kumar
ps: This Richard is our Overseas member>>>" rlazarowich "
Thanks for the mail RICHARD,...just recieved it now as below>>
>>"Flag this message
Re: Did you receive the SUVEGA parts??

Sunday, November 20, 2011 4:25 PM

"Richard John Lazarowich" <rlazarowich@gmail.com>
Add sender to Contacts

To:
"powertwin @ Team-BHP" <chitra_auto@yahoo.com>

Hi,

Yes, I received the parts recently. Thank you very much! I have been going through the box of parts. The headlight and kickstand rubbers are perfect. I have put the rest of the parts like the piston and cable in storage until I work on the bike further. The only part I am having trouble with is the rear brake. Unfortunately, I do not have a pin and lever the right size to put on the the rear brake plate you sent me. The rear brake plate fits perfectly in the hub, but I can't put brakes on it. Are they easy to locate? I am also missing the rear wheel adjusters. Are they easy to locate, too?

Good news, I found a left pedal from a Peugeot moped that fits just right.

Thanks again,

Richard
Old 18th December 2011, 19:11   #189
BHPian

PEUGEOT Sportif

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Suren..this is indeed the French marvel Peugeot Sportif...I would like to restore it Suren..please check if this is available for Sale?
Here is my recently restored SPORTIF : --( as usual it is not for sale !!)

Cheers!!
powertwin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 07:01   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitkb View Post
Back in the early 90s, I was living with my "Mama-ji" in B'lore and he used to own this Suvega that he used to start in the exact same way Guderian described it, press small lever on the left handle bar, run, jump into seat, release lever and accelerate at the same time, and then wait for us 2 kids to catch up and sit on the pillion seat that was waaay below the driver's, and then "take off" sedately. :-D

I remember one time it was my mom pillion, my brother sitting on her lap, me crouching on the front bar (chassis, whatever), and my Mama-ji, we all rode from Viveknagar to HAL stage III and back!! Must have been a sight to behold! Good old days.
Hi amitkb,
Nice to read your post ! Early 90s...that's not too long ago. So what happened ultimately to that Suvega ?
Reason ? I am looking out for a Suvega ! Trying to relive the past I guess.

Powertwin - Any help in locating one would be met with delirious gratitude !

Last edited by Guderian : 29th December 2011 at 07:03.
Old 29th December 2011, 11:26   #191
BHPian

Hey Guys,

few pics of my Suvega attached, planning to do a full resto of her. Experts please let me know whats missing ... she is not running as of now, been idle for about 2 years.
Attached Thumbnails
The Suvega moped!-20110918_018.jpg  

The Suvega moped!-20110918_019.jpg  

The Suvega moped!-20110918_020.jpg  

The Suvega moped!-20110918_021.jpg  

Old 29th December 2011, 11:58   #192
BHPian

Hi Guderian:

I have no clue where that Suvega is now. My Mamaji (who is no more :-( ) must've sold it. Good luck in your search for a Suvega.

Amit
Old 29th December 2011, 20:16   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitkb View Post
Hi Guderian:

I have no clue where that Suvega is now. My Mamaji (who is no more :-( ) must've sold it. Good luck in your search for a Suvega.

Amit
Hi amitkb,
Sorry to hear about your Mamaji's demise.

Yes, someday I am surely going to lay my hands on one !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambro View Post
few pics of my Suvega attached, planning to do a full resto of her.
Wow Lambro ! That is a lovely piece.
Good luck on the restoration.
Old 29th December 2011, 20:43   #194
Senior - BHPian

Blast from the Past !

And finally folks was able to locate a snap of mine with my first ever set of motorised wheels - The Suvega.
This snap (a very sentimental one for me !) was taken in March 1984 - on the old degree campus of St Joseph's College of Arts and Science, Residency Road, Bangalore. This was late in the evening after our valedictory function for passing out students of the B.Sc. CBZ batch.
The Suvega moped!-scan0001.jpg

I am on my the left astride the Suvega CAJ 4913. This was a Suvega Deluxe - 1983, a model which was then the top of the line as far as mopeds went. My friend Nix, a batch mate is on CAC 77 which is also a Suvega albeit an older model possibly from the year 1981 (of the type shown by Lambro above).
The Suvega Deluxe of 1983 had a long seat with the fuel tank underneath and one had to lift the seat to fill fuel.

I used it from 1983 till I completed college, was lying it at home used only when I came home on vacations from my MBA course. Finally when I joined my first job from campus (in 1986) - at a lonely outpost at Wadi, Gulbarga, ( yes, in a cement factory as a rookie Personnel Officer !) - I took my Suvega there from Bangalore and it remained in faithful service till Jan 1991. During the stint at the factory it was never serviced at all - all those years ! But was generally looked after by the staff of the Loco department.

Never did it miss a beat. Had a fabulous time with it and took me all over the place.

When I moved out of that place on a fresh assignment I sold it to one of the staff there. Had to - as I got married by then and the good lady absolutely refused to have anything to do with it ! Especially scoffed my suggestion of riding 'doubles' on it !

Ahhh...so many memories.
Always wondered as to what eventually happened to CAJ 4913. One day I certainly intend to drive down to Wadi and among other things try and locate it !

Last edited by Guderian : 29th December 2011 at 20:47.
Old 31st December 2011, 23:53   #195
BHPian

SUVEGA Samrat- Bike avtar with dual seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Blast from the Past !

I am on my the left astride the Suvega CAJ 4913. This was a Suvega Deluxe - 1983, a model which was then the top of the line as far as mopeds went. My friend Nix, a batch mate is on CAC 77 which is also a Suvega albeit an older model possibly from the year 1981 (of the type shown by Lambro above).
The Suvega Deluxe of 1983 had a long seat with the fuel tank underneath and one had to lift the seat to fill fuel.

Never did it miss a beat. Had a fabulous time with it and took me all over the place.

Ahhh...so many memories.
!
"The Suvega Deluxe of 1983 HAD a long seat with the fuel tank underneath and one had to lift the seat to fill fuel."

Thanks for sharing your College days with SUVEGA
But Suvega Deluxe or Super deluxe, never had Dual Seats ( Long seat as you mentioned) but it was a standard accessory available at early '80s.

The only Suvega variant came with DUAL seat as factory was " SUVEGA SAMRAT" , as Samrat had Fuel tank in between down tube top point and the main frame top point, like in our regular motorbikes ( this was not a step threw')
This is for your kind information.....soon will post Suvega SAMRAT pics here

Last edited by powertwin : 1st January 2012 at 00:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks