Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2007, 14:10   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
the Suvega. It would have taken the honours to be the first motorized vehicle that I was to ride. But I couldnt figure out how to start it. No, it wasnt one of those on-the-sly learning attempts .. it was just my uncle's moped and when ever he came home he would allow me to try it. But I never was able to.
Condor - the trick was to forward press the accelerator and then pedal;or run and just as the engine fired accelerate normally !
Old 12th July 2007, 14:17   #32
Senior - BHPian

DerAlte - The old fox ! Your name reminds me of the old German detective series that was shown on DD (in Bangalore) in the early 80's !
And my friend, don't you denigrate, any further, the good old Suvega !!! My first set of wheels ! Hahaha - some of those Suvegas were real masterpieces of inaction alright ! My Hindi teacher in school at Bangalore had a pink red Suvega and in the mid/late 70's and we'd know very, very fast when he'd arrive and leave...he could be heard miles before he came in and miles after he left !!! Now that Suvega was a real vintage wheels even by Suvega standards...undersprung seats and what not !
Old 12th July 2007, 14:22   #33
Senior - BHPian

[quote=suren181;497699]Well I am/was talking of the Ideal Jawa 50cc and not the 250cc... In Tamil they also used to be called as the Karraddi Jawa (Karraddi for Grisley Bears in Tamil) 'cos they used to be popular in circuses wherein Bears used to ride on them.
Wow ! This is nice haven't many of them around or don't remember really ! But I do remember the Bond which was a bike from Brooke Bond (right the tea wallahs !!!) before Hind Lever moved in...
Old 12th July 2007, 14:26   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_trooper View Post
This is a friends Suvega from bangalore, one of his many bikes.
Hey Trooper - Thats a lovely bike and well maintained by the looks in the photo ! And of the same vintage as one of my Hindi teacher's (sorry- adhyapak) in School ! The later models had long seat for two, tank under the seat etc.
BTW does your friend use/run it ?
Old 12th July 2007, 14:29   #35
Senior - BHPian

Believe me, I and my friend were discussing about Suvega a week back when we were in my car. I had not seen pics of it in ages and I even seemed to forget how it looked. Thanks for the pics. I have not ridden it, so, I have no idea about how it rode. But it feels nostalgic. Those days at Bangalore .....
Old 12th July 2007, 14:34   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hey Trooper -
BTW does your friend use/run it ?
oh yeah, its in excellent shape and he pulls it out for meets once in a while where he wants to see jaws drop.

Last edited by the_trooper : 12th July 2007 at 14:41.
Old 12th July 2007, 14:34   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thats beautifully maintained/restored! VERY nice!
Old 12th July 2007, 14:35   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Whoa this is what we call as a classic in mint condition. Tell me something this is a snap recently taken isn't it? The Suvega used to come in this colour too originally and this used to be one of the most popular colours of them and of course there used to be a blue.
no that pic is circa Jan 2006.
Old 12th July 2007, 15:46   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Nostalgic. Reminds me of my nursery teacher who used to come to school in a suvega.
We kids in school used to be amazed by the power this thingy had. Well yes my teacher was on the heavier side .
Old 12th July 2007, 16:05   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

While I know near nothing about the Suvega, I do have these pics to share. They were sent to me by fellow member Stanher.

Old 13th July 2007, 11:02   #41
Senior - BHPian

Karlosdeville - Those pix are great ! Is this piece of history somewhere near you ? In Pune or somepalce ? Does this belong to Stanher ?
Old 13th July 2007, 12:19   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Is this piece of history somewhere near you ? In Pune or somepalce ? Does this belong to Stanher ?
Stanher had spotted this machine when he was in bangalore i think. It was offered to him for sale, though he didnt pick it up.
Old 13th July 2007, 13:29   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Stanher had spotted this machine when he was in bangalore i think. It was offered to him for sale, though he didnt pick it up.
Oh dash it ! Would have loved to get this cutie for old times sake ! Any kind soul on this forum wanting to sell a Suvega ?
Old 13th July 2007, 13:49   #44
BHPian

When i was a kid my grandfather had a very well maintained Suvega, i learned driving a two wheeler or rather a moped in this vehicle. It was real fun to drive one of these in those days when all my friends were ridding a cycle i was ridding a motorized cycle.
After few years he sold it and brought a brand new Luna TFR plus which i believe was more powerful than that of a Suvega, even Luna was a good vehicle and i still remember their Ad line "Chal Meri Luna"
In bangalore i still find some well maintained Suvegas running around..

Vijay
Old 13th July 2007, 13:52   #45
BHPian

Quote:

That is a very well maintained suvega, if your friend is planning to sell it PM me.

Vijay

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks