Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2007, 20:49   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
thats a nice restoration so what next american,asian,german all over australian??.
Jokes apart, i almost negotiated for a Holden Torana coupe and the guy wanted an arm and a leg for it.... just walked out with a thanks to him and a lot of abuses under my breath
Old 18th July 2007, 22:42   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, she sure looks good sirji! Although I'm not able to access the next 2 pages in this thread!!
Anyways, this definitely must be more than an impulsive response on your part for not being able to get that rusty W108 here...
Btw, just found out about that car for you the other day.......turns out its originally a Delhi car, brought here years ago wihtout NOC which means the paperwork's all screwed up & the owner's not interested in getting anything about it either, so just dumped it there....*sigh*! I guess you wouldnt be interested in going for it....
Old 18th July 2007, 23:20   #33
Senior - BHPian

i love these old merc of simpler times when they were built like tanks

i would love to see it in mint condition
Old 19th July 2007, 20:20   #34
Senior - BHPian

Posting some progress since my last post. I procured the front and rear windscreen rubbers and some other items and went to drop them off at the Garage. The guys been busy as can be seen.

Since my last post a few days ago, the left side of the car has been reworked. All the filler has come off (there was an awful lot used) and the rusted portions were replaced by new metal of the same guage. The rear windscreen was removed after I confirmed having bought new original windscreen rubbers only. It had just been removed when i reached the garage. It can be seen placed on the top of the car.

The rear panel needed some work and replacement jobs. Note the C Pillar patch work. That part was rotting away to glory (and can be seen in the previous pics), filled in with filler which was first all extracted and then the portion rectified.

Tomorrow he gets the front windscreen out and works on the front fender.

Also the seats will be picked up by my seat guy to refurbish. Will post that too. Should make interesting reaing ad viewing. Meanwhile I was pondering over the colour. I'd love to paint it Black but I have two black cars. How about a non mettalic Midnite Blue? That way its not black but it is black too! Or the Deep Maroon which is on the previous gen S Class I think its called Almandine Black. Its a Very Very deep Maroon, almost Black if seen in a jiffy.
What about a Metallic silver. Do post in with your views and pics if any. Thanks in anticipation.

Keep your eyes on this thread.
Ill post again in a few days.
Old 20th July 2007, 02:08   #35
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations V16,

Another addition to your collection eh..

this is the w115 right?

hope the sun strip on the windscreen is going.

btw looks like your collecting E classes

Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

from the W110 to the W114 to the W124.

Have you picked up a W123 as yet?

Cant wait to see your car once its done.
Old 20th July 2007, 11:49   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Meanwhile I was pondering over the colour. I'd love to paint it Black but I have two black cars. How about a non mettalic Midnite Blue? That way its not black but it is black too! Or the Deep Maroon which is on the previous gen S Class I think its called Almandine Black. Its a Very Very deep Maroon, almost Black if seen in a jiffy.
What about a Metallic silver. Do post in with your views and pics if any. Thanks in anticipation.
Deep Blue is good like the one on the S600, Silver is not. Too generic, too boring. Black or Blue it should be with nice light coloured interiors to go with it!
Old 20th July 2007, 12:45   #37
Senior - BHPian

loads of suppliers here:-
MB Coupes - Parts Suppliers
Old 20th July 2007, 12:54   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Congratulations V16,

Another addition to your collection eh..

this is the w115 right?

hope the sun strip on the windscreen is going.

btw looks like your collecting E classes

Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

from the W110 to the W114 to the W124.

Have you picked up a W123 as yet?

Cant wait to see your car once its done.
Thanks Khanak. Im trying to get hold of all Mercs not particularly the E class. No I dont have a W123 yet but im looking. HAve besides the ones you know about, a 116 and a 126 as well. Also looking for a 108 and one of those Pontons. Please let me know if you find one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Deep Blue is good like the one on the S600, Silver is not. Too generic, too boring. Black or Blue it should be with nice light coloured interiors to go with it!
The colour of the interior is a light Biege, almost a cream, so will go with a Black or Dark Blue or Maroon

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
loads of suppliers here:-
MB Coupes - Parts Suppliers
Thanks Sir!! For the much needed Link.
Old 20th July 2007, 13:31   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
The colour of the interior is a light Biege, almost a cream, so will go with a Black or Dark Blue or Maroon
have you considered brown? a deep rich brown would look good with that interior and is very uncommon in india, i have seen these cars in brown in germany, and they do look good.

Last edited by aah78 : 28th July 2007 at 00:03. Reason: quote edited
Old 20th July 2007, 14:00   #40
Team-BHP Support

Gogi

I have practically every copy of the Mercedes Enthusiast ( UK publication) dating from 2001. The only issue missing is the first! If you need specific info - give me a shout!

Car brought back memories of my Dad's 220 D in the Uk. That time mercs were rare. It was a 1972 with the quarterlight and same gearshift (the moulded one - earlier ones had a small ball on top). These car's were rare, that too diesel's as the cost the same as a Jaguar XJ. Car was supposed to be brought back with us but my Dad decided against it as the support infrastructure here was too much of a hassle for a non car person like him.
Old 20th July 2007, 14:16   #41
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Ajmat, Ill contact you if I need anything
Old 21st July 2007, 01:14   #42
Senior - BHPian

Gogi sir, Where did you procure the original Windscreen rubbers from? About the color, you can do dark green too (sort of my car's).
Old 22nd July 2007, 08:57   #43

Hi there

Great to hear you are getting the car restored. I have a '61 W111 220Sb which I'm currently fixed into top shape. I have had some work done on the front suspension, changing the front suspension mounts and also throwing out the old matador engine and replacing with a 240D engine. I was running around for a few days trying to decide on the paint color. I'm probably going to setlte on "Mercedes Blue" or Blue Grey, as these colors nicely offset the chrome. I'm attaching a link to a color chart which you may find useful. All the best and let us know how it comes along

Mercedes-Benz Ponton Paint Codes / Color Charts

Cheers
Boban
Old 22nd July 2007, 09:18   #44
Senior - BHPian

Why am I always tenpted to open this thread for updates? I am 1100d, so shouldn't I be looking at your other thread more often!!
Old 22nd July 2007, 10:04   #45
Senior - BHPian

Hey Deep blue with beige seats would be a great combo(sorry if thats not an orig merc combo) It would show of the chrome well! wot say???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks