Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2007, 14:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
He wanted 35lakhs for it earlier now wants 18, good... a little later he'll want 9 then 4.5 then 2.25 then between.75 and 1, that would be the price one should pay for this junk. Its got faux everything and is a six cylinder, which in its heart is not even a real Mustang IMHO.
you could call an original six cylinder mustang a pony. but this is a mix of old and new parts so only has the shell of a mustang besides that nothing.
Old 23rd August 2007, 14:46   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
dont even touch it then. 18lacs for this, man the guy is dreaming. i would not pay more then a lac for it. the parts are not original chopped top i can just go on and on

Speedy how about more details on this car? I heard he was asking for 9 lakhs when it was blue. This car now appears in some music video. Just saw it yesterday.
Old 23rd August 2007, 15:25   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Speedy how about more details on this car? I heard he was asking for 9 lakhs when it was blue. This car now appears in some music video. Just saw it yesterday.

i know for sure that the engine has problems as it seized twice to my knowledge may be more and was ovberhauled distributor is not original, hood has to be fabricated.. (he says it was imported) and lots more. the lines on the car dont look right and nothing matches. many parts are not even mustang parts..

a car can be restored to originality but a 6 cylinder engine that too not in good shape what can you do about it. I will look up the pic of car as it was first found and post it. that will tell all...
Old 23rd August 2007, 16:22   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
the car was also featured for the photo shoot of the movie mujhse dosti karoge, with hritik roshan sitting on the bonnet. the car was blue at that point. the guy also has an 84 mustang 4 cylinder which has been fitted with some ugly kit. like i said the car except for its body has nothing else worthwhile. some of the meters are also not original.
Old 16th October 2008, 11:40   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
karlos the mustang is not from the bom rallies. the one that comes for the rallies is green and black convertible. the same car in the movie bluffmaster. this is a 1965 model.

Hey speedy, this is not a 1965 model, as you can see the rear lights are indented which signals its mast 1966, so it can only be a 1967 or 68. in this cause its a 68. that should clear your doubts! ; )
Old 16th October 2008, 12:50   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by insideman View Post
Hey speedy, this is not a 1965 model, as you can see the rear lights are indented which signals its mast 1966, so it can only be a 1967 or 68. in this cause its a 68. that should clear your doubts! ; )

Hi Indiseman, i think this is a 1966 model. your observation about the rear lights is correct but i think these lights were put while restoring. I am told that most of the body had to be fabricated and the car was barely more than a chassis when it was found. the restorer must have put indented lights as they look cooler than the lights on 65-66 models.
Old 16th October 2008, 12:59   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insideman View Post
Thank you for correcting me Insideman .
Old 16th October 2008, 15:25   #23
BHPian

Car is a 67-68. The grille is much wider than the earlier cars. unless this was modified, but looks highly unlikely that it was.
Old 17th October 2008, 20:14   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Some comments from Harit

Quote:
I have just read the thread on the Mustang. I saw that Insiderman is back in action.
This particular Mustang is a sad story. It is indeed fortunate that the car is still on the road, two others were not so lucky. That should be borne in mind when commenting.
At Goregaon there was a yard where a filmwalla kept his cars. This had now been cleared, but he had a great collection of cars which were rented out. And destroyed. Lastly, he sort of retired and let all his junk rot and be vandalised. The Pune 1939 Convertible Buick 8 also came from here.
He had a mint Morris 8 1947/48 black which had come from Pune. It was partially burnt by vandals. He had a 1968/69 Camaro on which he cut a targa top. It went into the ground. He had an Oldsmobile 98 of around 1979 which he did not give. Ultimately it was vandalised, windscreen broken and radio ripped out. He had about 5 VW Vans Baywindow lying around, smashed up and lying on their sides. He had a Beetle cut into half for a movie stunt. I saw how a small motor and wheels were fitted to motorise the front section. Ofcourse the angle of the camers was kept nicely to avoid this detection.
And then he had three Mustangs.
Two were of the Pony type 91st Generation) and their roof's were cut. In fact one had special alloy rims and were concreted into the ground when a part of the place was concretised. From these two Pony Mustang's he interchanged parts and papers, making identity difficult. But one was the blue Mustang with the scoop cut into the bonnet which belonged once upon a time to Monish Behl. One of these went to the Baand at Juhu, the cemented car got scrapped. There was also a 1971 Mustang, complete shell without engine. This also probably got scrapped.
This Mustang is lucky to be still around.

Harit
Old 17th October 2008, 22:35   #25
BHPian

Looks like a 68 Mustang -Fast Back. The air scoop looks like a modification to look like the GT 350 -1968. However the car in the photographs is a straight six. The wheels are also after market four lug alloys. The eights came with five lug wheels.

S.B.Jatti.
Old 17th October 2008, 23:38   #26
Senior - BHPian

Monish Behl had two mustangs. This one in particular was lying at his Colaba residence parking lot, all rusted but covered in tarpaulin. I think the other one i think (i may be wrong) went to Raju Kotak who still has the car in silver but is again spoiling the car due to non use and has not yet started restoring it.
Old 18th October 2008, 01:17   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Monish Behl had two mustangs. This one in particular was lying at his Colaba residence parking lot, all rusted but covered in tarpaulin. I think the other one i think (i may be wrong) went to Raju Kotak who still has the car in silver but is again spoiling the car due to non use and has not yet started restoring it.
Bhai it is Raj Kotak. He has two mustangs and an Oldmobile. The cars are rotting at his place. Whenever asked he says he is restoreing them.
Old 18th October 2008, 04:11   #28
BHPian

hey guys, i found this mustang resting in a family friends old house. he has now sold this car to some guy in delhi. it was in a pretty decent condition.
i really wanted this car, but my dad wouldn't let me buy this beauty as its not a production car anymore. my dad's not in favor of buying classic cars so yeah..
Attached Thumbnails
196x? mustang and a vintage i dont recognize..-image031.jpg  

Old 19th October 2008, 19:26   #29

That is one serously screwed up car. Worth absolutly nothing, walk away.
Old 19th October 2008, 20:22   #30

Not to you 99.. That one looks promising.

Big Block, Mustangs are unibody there is no chassis as such. Front and rear frame rails... the rest held together by the bodywork.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks