Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2008, 20:24   #31
BHPian

Is this Mustang (not the blue one) now in the Timex ad?
Old 19th October 2008, 20:24   #32

99 - or whoever thats a V8.
Old 19th October 2008, 20:42   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Mustang View Post
That is one serously screwed up car. Worth absolutly nothing, walk away.
it looks pretty decent to me....
Old 19th October 2008, 21:00   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblock View Post
Hi Indiseman, i think this is a 1966 model. your observation about the rear lights is correct but i think these lights were put while restoring. I am told that most of the body had to be fabricated and the car was barely more than a chassis when it was found. the restorer must have put indented lights as they look cooler than the lights on 65-66 models.
Well, its sti not a 66. a 66 has a less agressive from bood with no scoops and a slightly shorter bonnet/hood. the 67-68 had the lights slightly hooded up more like the shelby in fact. but the shelby had an even more hooded up from to make it look a bit like a shark. i dont know how to post pictures yet or i would have indicated the difference. its a 1967 or 68. the only way to know is by the interior steering wheel and the dashboard glove box. ; )

ANYBODY KNOW OF ANY MUSTANGS JUST LIKE THE ONE BELOW OR ANY OTHER MUSCLE CAR? PERHAPS A CAMARO OR ANY PONY CAR FOR THAT MATTER.
SEARCHING for: camaro, mustang, GTO, barracuda, trans am, duster, dart, firebird, charger, ETC.

please PM me
Old 19th October 2008, 23:28   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by insideman View Post
it looks pretty decent to me....
I was referring to the one at the head of the thread. The blue one looks good.

Talking of the Timex ad. who is the girl in back seat?
Old 19th October 2008, 23:57   #36
BHPian

Quote:
I was referring to the one at the head of the thread. The blue one looks good.

Talking of the Timex ad. who is the girl in back seat?

Hahahaha, yeah, the blue one, itrs not worth anything, but, this dark green one, its nice. i like it. Well, i want to see this Timex add.

there is also that hritik roshan add for buscuits which has a convertable camaro. anybody seen that?
Old 20th October 2008, 14:04   #37
BHPian

Quote:
99 - or whoever thats a V8.
yes sir i know that..thats like telling me the car has 4 wheels lol.. no offense buddy..
Old 20th October 2008, 16:45   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by suped99 View Post
yes sir i know that..thats like telling me the car has 4 wheels lol.. no offense buddy..
Due respect but thet made almost as many I6s'
Old 21st October 2008, 19:05   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Some comments from Harit,

Quote:
The Mustang, the thread is getting complicated.
Tidzter asked about a Mustang. And a thread started with lots of inputs. So now the story.
Three Mustangs were lying in Goregaon with a filmwalla, two pony cars and one Mach1. Both Pony cars had their tops cut, and one top was lying around the compound. But when it got sold, the top somehow did not go along or the buyer chose to fabricate his own version which he anyway did to the rest of the car and confused so many leading to this thread. One of the two Pony's was one of Monish Behl's cars, that is very sure. About his other car I do not know. And the two Pony's Mustangs lying with the filmwalla had their parts and identities mixed up.
This is not an original fastback Mustang. Mumbai was blessed with at least three fastbacks, one is still in Mumbai, one has gone to Indore and the third was lying partially stripped in a Municipal dump in the early 1980's next to Somani school in cuffe parade when that ground was a municipal dump. It looked like it was picked up from the mechanic by a towtruck and then abandoned. Now probably scrapped.
I was planning to buy this car, the brother in law of the filmwalla is a good friend. The price was 40K, which I did not have liquid and the car was quite butchered. Also, the guy who bought this car gave it three different looks, the first was nearer original in light blue photographed with Mr. Roshan on its bonnet. Then he further modified to black and later added the red. This could be called a customised Mustang. Next time it may come out in a different Avtaar.
fcourse this car has nothing to do with the V-8 convertible dark green Mustang which was properly restored in Indore and fitted with suitable acessories. This car did come for only one rally.
In Mumbai we all know about the two Mustangs at Babulnath. One is a V-8 Pony, complete but sad. The second is a later car, probably a 4 or 6 cylinder Mustang of the petrol crisis period and not collectible. Its engine is dismantled. Sadly, these are not for sale.
By the way, the fastback Mustang from Mumbai now gone to Indore was lying almost a stones throw away from these cars. I told my friend about this car and he picked her up very soon. I believe that was one of the largest engined muscle cars in India, along with the Dodge Charger R/T SE which I have.
Today muscle cars are in demand, more so genuine articles. But they were available in chor bazar, with filmwallas, and have been thrashed in movies. Remember the silver Camaro RS which Amitabh Bachhan killed on the screen? Today Mustangs are expensive and I do not have one, probably never will.

The Mustang on link 28 has gone to Bangalore, not Delhi and is now part of a growing collection. There were several more cars, many now sold. She was a V-8.

Harit
Old 21st October 2008, 20:16   #40
Senior - BHPian

196x? mustang and a vintage i dont recognize..-dscn0316-small.jpg

These 2 'stangs were spotted at the vintage car rally in Bangalore in Dec'07.

Is The green/blue one, same as what Harit mentioned in the previous post ?
Old 21st October 2008, 20:46   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Some comments from Harit,
Yes Harit Uncle the Babulnath cars one is a 60's V8(silver) and the other is a 70's 6 cylinder (blue).
The other car you talk of which was a stone throw away was in Bad shape standing in the Garage with the cement block on it. We had seen the car and if i believe right was a GT350 or a 500. could you please clarify this?.

Ok Last night i was watching a movie at home, when i heard a familiar engine crank. I thought i was dreaming and the cars were getting to me. I heard it again and dismissed it for someone trying to start a modified fiat after long. I then heard a longer Crank and then i knew it had to be the V8 MONSTER next door. I ran to the window just in time to see the 66/67(not sure of the year, so i would call it the 66/67)Mustang roll out of its garage. The car dressed in red inching slowly ahead negotiating the space and comming to a halt. The lights being checked and the car being revved as to give the sign of i'm ready lets hit the road jack. The engine sounded crisp as it had just come out of the showroom and so was the car. The exhaust notes still running in my head were better than any music, i have heard. The car slowly rolled ahead and with one last Rev, Roared out the gate and dissapeared, the ehaust sound did not. It could be heard till the car would have been atleast 5 buildings away. Man i tried clicking pictures but the only thing i got from my phone were dark shots and by the time i would go to get the camera from the other room the car would have gone. So no pictures of it. I armed myself with the camera and hoped it would return soon but till around 12am there was no sound of her.
Old 21st October 2008, 22:03   #42
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

There is probably another V8 Mustang in Mumbai which isnt mentioned anywhere on the forum. I've managed to have a look at it and it was in a scrap condition. Although I did not get to have a look under the hood, but the owner mentioned that it was a V8 and he planned to restore it. This was way back in 2004. I'm sure the car is still lying in a scrap condition.
Old 22nd October 2008, 16:10   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Some comments from Harit.

Quote:
Just read what Speedy wrote. I think it is the new Mustang which arrived in town just now all the way from south. BUT, it is a 6 cylinder. You will be seeing a lot of this car in Mumbai inthe days to come. Maybe Insiderman will tell about his aquisition, but Insiderman, please do not blow it up, both your car and your posts!!!!!!!!

Harit
Old 22nd October 2008, 19:01   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Some comments from Harit.
She sounded nothing like a 6 cylinder. Yes i hope to see her more often on the Streets. It would be such a visual treat.

Kodus Insiderman for the way she is kept. Please could you tell us more about her and if you could post pictures. Thank you.

Last edited by speedy : 22nd October 2008 at 19:06.
Old 22nd October 2008, 22:52   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Attachment 62470

These 2 'stangs were spotted at the vintage car rally in Bangalore in Dec'07.

Is The green/blue one, same as what Harit mentioned in the previous post ?

I don't think so, the green one looks like the 6cyl coupe which belonged to a prominent film producer in kerala. It was a direct import, and was shell white earlier.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks