Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2008, 00:42   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
There is probably another V8 Mustang in Mumbai which isnt mentioned anywhere on the forum. I've managed to have a look at it and it was in a scrap condition. Although I did not get to have a look under the hood, but the owner mentioned that it was a V8 and he planned to restore it. This was way back in 2004. I'm sure the car is still lying in a scrap condition.
The V-8 Mustang which you have mentioned might have reached Delhi. I am helping somebody restore a 1967 Mustang which bears Maharastra Registration. Probalbly the same car which you are referring to. I may not be able to post a photograph at this point of time. May be a little later once she is restored and on road.
Old 30th October 2008, 13:04   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Some comments from Harit.
I have nothing to blow up cause the car doesnt even start up... its a junk at the moment, alot of work needed and, its got this groce muffler on it. so, speedy thats why it sounds like a V8, it isnt, its a I6. but this is all a restauration project. takes time, patience, and money. and i dnt hav the money, dnt have the time, and definately dont have the patience, so i guess its just my imagination thats going to run this project...
Old 30th October 2008, 18:21   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insideman View Post
I have nothing to blow up cause the car doesnt even start up... its a junk at the moment, alot of work needed and, its got this groce muffler on it. so, speedy thats why it sounds like a V8, it isnt, its a I6. but this is all a restauration project. takes time, patience, and money. and i dnt hav the money, dnt have the time, and definately dont have the patience, so i guess its just my imagination thats going to run this project...
I am shocked to hear that she is a restauration project. She did not look like she was in bad shape, but i guess your the boss and you know the details. The Muffler can be made or ordered, so i guess that wont be much of a problem. Even my uncles Mustang gives trouble on a cold start, but once warmed up she starts in half a self. Yes the time and the money involved in a project is tremendous but i am sure you would do a fabulous job with it once you have blended everything together.

Just wanted to add a Picture here of a car you mentioned earlier. It does not belong on this thread, but its a muscle car.
Attached Thumbnails
196x? mustang and a vintage i dont recognize..-dsc09310.jpg  

Old 31st October 2008, 02:16   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
There is probably another V8 Mustang in Mumbai which isnt mentioned anywhere on the forum. I've managed to have a look at it and it was in a scrap condition. Although I did not get to have a look under the hood, but the owner mentioned that it was a V8 and he planned to restore it. This was way back in 2004. I'm sure the car is still lying in a scrap condition.
Are you talking about the 70s cars (two) which were owned by a team member here? The black one was horribly restored (sorry I call a spade a spade) and the red one he wanted to make into a 500+ Bhp project which never took off. Also that was sure shot scrap. I believe the black one has been sold as also the red one.

There was also another six cylinder black car parked at cuffe parade (Harit, are you talking of the same one?) It was offered to me years ago for around 60K but at that time I had no means for restoration and was not confident of what i would achieve. Thast car I believe, was scrapped (Sad)

ALso around the same time, a V-8, fast back was advertised to be sold in Kalanagar by a Maharashtrian gentleman. I saw the red car in near junk condition for sale for a measely 25K but refrained from buying it for the same reasons mentioned above, The car bore a MRG **** number and i know not where it went from there.

As regards the Filmwalla's cars, they were all broken down kitschy cars with parts from here and there. Oft blasted and bashed up in movies (Amitabh's Adalat, etc etc) one was picked up and survives horrifically in Orange and Black, a complete restorer's nightmare.

The Silver fastback was for sale in Babulnath and prior to that was parked in Worli in the first building parking next to Eden hall opp Lotus.
This went to a garage where a Golden R-107, SL280 was lying with all its mechanicals sprawled in the seat. That was picked up a couple of years ago by my friend who rerstored her to pristine glory and sold it to a collector for a fancy sum. The same friend is also restoring (now complete and awaiting delivery) my R129 SL 300-24.
Old 31st October 2008, 02:29   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
The same friend is also restoring (now complete and awaiting delivery) my R129 SL 300-24.
Congratulations on the new addition. Id love to see some pictures
Old 31st October 2008, 02:47   #51
Senior - BHPian

Arrey waah Gogi bhai, new SL!! Time for pictures I suppose!
Old 31st October 2008, 02:56   #52
Senior - BHPian

It was purchased a couple of months ago but needed some minor touches. Needless to say my fanatic friend drove off with it to his home town to fix it to the T, warning me to stay off his shoulders till he did what he does best, fixes everything a la factory delivery. Im excited enough to see it myself. Should be coming this week and then will post some pics.

Now back to the Mustangs.

I also remember seeing a West Bengal, souped up Black Mustang belonging to a Mill Tycoon's son. The car was souped in London and had a Killer exhaust note plus some serious Ice install. That car disappeared in some time and was found by me in his Garage with a tree growing out of it. I believe the over enthusiastic, then youngster, bl;ew te engine and cracked the block which was sent to some workshop from where it was misplaced (who ever misplaces a V-8 block?) The car is junk now but is not for sale, if it does survive (i suppose due to ego hassles)

Last edited by V-16 : 31st October 2008 at 03:01.
Old 31st October 2008, 09:09   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Now back to the Mustangs.

I also remember seeing a West Bengal, souped up Black Mustang belonging to a Mill Tycoon's son. The car was souped in London and had a Killer exhaust note plus some serious Ice install. That car disappeared in some time and was found by me in his Garage with a tree growing out of it. I believe the over enthusiastic, then youngster, bl;ew te engine and cracked the block which was sent to some workshop from where it was misplaced (who ever misplaces a V-8 block?) The car is junk now but is not for sale, if it does survive (i suppose due to ego hassles)
Gogi Bhai congratulations on the SL.

The Mustang i have heard had two others giveing it company as donor cars. The engine also was a nitrous engine is it true, the owner never confirmed this as he kept ignoreing this question of mine. I drove twice with him not in his car but with my uncles Mustang. So I know his notorious ICE setup, he also told me his rear windscreen had poped out when they had increased the volume. He then installed shock proof wireing or something for the glasses. He blew the engine not once but twice and the car was never seen again.
Old 31st October 2008, 10:05   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
So I know his notorious ICE setup, he also told me his rear windscreen had poped out when they had increased the volume. He then installed shock proof wireing or something for the glasses. He blew the engine not once but twice and the car was never seen again.
I can assure you that the windscreen of any car would never pop out no matter what the ICE setup.
Old 31st October 2008, 11:07   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I can assure you that the windscreen of any car would never pop out no matter what the ICE setup.
Moral Pop out does not mean fly out or something. What it means is, it got loose off the Rubbers due to the Vibrations. It has happened in my friends city and Accord and another friends Zen so i know it is possible. We had to get the rear windscreen refitted.
Old 29th April 2009, 16:12   #56
BHPian

I got one...dont wanna sell. Its a 71 302 v8 with a manual...........................

I got one...dont wanna sell. Its a 71 302 v8 with a manual. Its black and immaculate. All the eight autolite spark plugs are original company fitted (Still!) and I even have the original firestones it came with. this is the most immaculate mustang in India i think....
Attached Thumbnails
196x? mustang and a vintage i dont recognize..-boss-302-v8-8.jpg  

196x? mustang and a vintage i dont recognize..-boss-302-v8-3.jpg  

196x? mustang and a vintage i dont recognize..-boss-302-v8-7.jpg  

196x? mustang and a vintage i dont recognize..-boss-302-v8-18.jpg  

Old 29th April 2009, 17:07   #57
Senior - BHPian

Some full side view pics of the car please she is nice change those mirrors they are not the real deal. There was a similar car in Mumbai black with all the kit (the guy had a lot of orignal aftermarket imported/smuggled stuff fitted in it) in the late 80's she was owned by an underworld guy who got riddled with bullets in it, I think she now lies striped somewhere in juhu/versova. This mumbai car had a similar black with red combo including red pinstrips on the side with mustang/stallion, or some such type of red decal on it.

Last edited by canonball : 29th April 2009 at 17:08.
Old 29th April 2009, 18:02   #58
Senior - BHPian

Well i remember there were two mustang's in calcutta. One was red and the other one was green with black stripes running through the centre of the car. The cars had come for complete restoration. The cars were parked fora long time and then finally the owner came and took the cars away. Well lost track of those two cars since. If there are any going for sale do let me know i would be always interested.
Old 29th April 2009, 18:19   #59
Senior - BHPian

Im not too sure if a 196X Forst Mustang can be considered a Vintage,but it commands a huge price in Indian markets.
Old 29th April 2009, 18:22   #60
Senior - BHPian

It would be considered a classic

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks