Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2007, 17:22   #1
BHPian

196x? mustang and a vintage i dont recognize..

hey had clicked these pictures long time ago... finally am being able to post.. if anyone can tell me definately which these cars are asin which year mustang is it?? and which ones the other one?? now the mustange has a original red single stripe on it....

cheers,
TD
Old 23rd July 2007, 20:35   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Well I'm no expert at vintage (20s-30s) cars but my conclusion is its a lates 20s Ford model 'A'.....anyone who could confirm/correct please....?
Old 23rd July 2007, 22:16   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats a 29/30 Chevy cabrio. A close friend has one with the family from day one. We won 3 rallies in that machine.

The mustang is well known on this forum, and both the cars were present at this years Bombay rally at Kala Ghoda.

Old 24th July 2007, 11:20   #4
Senior - BHPian

karlos the mustang is not from the bom rallies. the one that comes for the rallies is green and black convertible. the same car in the movie bluffmaster. this is a 1965 model.
Old 24th July 2007, 12:25   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
karlos the mustang is not from the bom rallies. the one that comes for the rallies is green and black convertible. the same car in the movie bluffmaster. this is a 1965 model.
The one in pictures posted by tidzter is indeed the one posted by Karlos. The one from BluffMaster is different and covered in this posts Mustang .

The similarity between the ones posted by Karlos and Tidzter is the rims the car uses. The difference in the one I posted above (Bluffmaster) and the one posted by Tidzter is the Headlights.
Old 24th July 2007, 15:04   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
You're wrong speedy it is in fact the same Mustang from the rally and it is not a 65 its a 67, six cylinder. It has a faux scoop which is very Wannabe V-8 Boss Mustangish. See the wheels like Moralfibre has pointed out and you'll know they are the same car. The green and white BluffMaster Mustang has never seen a rally. Also note the three vertical "moustache" slats on the front fender in the pic you've posted. No mustang ever came with these oddites. Its there on this orange and black rally mustang (if you must call it a Mustang ) in the pic below. That should make it clear that they both are one and the same car!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
The one in pictures posted by tidzter is indeed the one posted by Karlos. The one from BluffMaster is different and covered in this posts Mustang .
The similarity between the ones posted by Karlos and Tidzter is the rims the car uses. The difference in the one I posted above (Bluffmaster) and the one posted by Tidzter is the Headlights.
Oh yeah, there cannot be two cars with these same type of horrendous rims. Another similarity is mentioned above i.e. the slats on the side front fender. Earlier i thought they were for a cold air intake but on both sides?? whats he got?.. two intakes?!!
And as pointed above its a six cyl job so one has a huge place to put that intake in the engine bay itself.
The bluff master car a 67 too but its a V-8.

Last edited by V-16 : 24th July 2007 at 15:07.
Old 24th July 2007, 15:13   #7
BHPian

Appears to be the same 67/68 coupe-to-faux fastback conversion that was in the rally - repainted.

The 'Bluffmaster' car is a 69 convertible.
Old 24th July 2007, 15:21   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMan View Post
Appears to be the same 67/68 coupe-to-faux fastback conversion that was in the rally - repainted.

You're right it is indeed a 69 and i forgot about the faux fast back....I tell you the lengths some people will go to and whom are they fooling...themselves??
Old 24th July 2007, 18:41   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMan View Post

These pics were clicked well before the rally. The car got the red accents later, and probably still have them.
Old 25th July 2007, 18:05   #10
BHPian

yes it is the same mustang we all are talking about if you have not noticed i did mention about the red stripe!!!

thats that...

thanks all for the input...

dont you think the car deserves better wheels??

cheers,
TD
Old 23rd August 2007, 12:37   #11
BHPian

This mustan is apparently or sale now. He wants 18 lacs for it. wanted 35 lacs earlier. In my opinion the car isnt worth that much given the fact that its a hack job badly pulled. Car was found in pieces and has been welded together somehow. the roof is not original neither are wheels or interiors. posting restoration pics.

Old 23rd August 2007, 13:25   #12
Senior - BHPian

this is the same car from the earlier pictures. is this the same car from juhu which was blue earlier.
Old 23rd August 2007, 13:56   #13
Senior - BHPian

yep thats the same one alright
Old 23rd August 2007, 14:04   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
yep thats the same one alright
dont even touch it then. 18lacs for this, man the guy is dreaming. i would not pay more then a lac for it. the parts are not original chopped top i can just go on and on
Old 23rd August 2007, 14:34   #15
Senior - BHPian

He wanted 35lakhs for it earlier now wants 18, good... a little later he'll want 9 then 4.5 then 2.25 then between.75 and 1, that would be the price one should pay for this junk. Its got faux everything and is a six cylinder, which in its heart is not even a real Mustang IMHO.

Most Viewed