Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2007, 16:01   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Pics: Fiat Classic Car Club India Rally - 15 August 2007

We had a great event this morning, starting at the Agricultural College and ending at the Centre for Police Research, Pashan. The students of the college had put up a lovely show, and NCC cadets marching by added to the flavour. We ended by placing a wreath at the Police memorial.

Around 30 cars turned up, the oldest of which were a 1936 Fiat Arditta, and a 1939 Fiat Ballila. The Ballila is a 7 seater pillarless suicide door body, which is most interesting. Note the 1100R in the background.

A few other classics dropped in to say hello, including this 64 (?) Chevy Impala, A Morris Minor convertible, 1957 Standard 10 and a 54 Desoto Diplomat.

Digambar Yadav was kind enough to drive down this 54 Fiat from Bombay specially for the event, though he missed bringing the dashing red and white 63 model featured elsewhere on the forum.

Moralfibre, shrivz, amey and a couple others did pop in later for a peek, though they moved on to Lavasa I think. Wish I could have joined them.

The next drive the club has planned is a visit to Baramati on the 9th of September.

Cheers
Karl
Old 15th August 2007, 19:55   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, lovely pics. Karl!
And we too had an equally fabulous event here at Lumbini Park, Necklace Road by the DECHAA, comprising of a short run along necklace road & U-turning back to the venue, during which I hitched a ride in a LHD 1963(?) Super-select! since I went there without any classic, none of my cars having been ready for this event!
The chief guest was the Minister for Tourism, plus we had a lot of well-known people at the rally like Nitin Dossa of the VCCCI & also a parallel exhibition there by Mr. Amila Pereira, a famous sketch artist from Colombo, SL who sketches any & every vintage/classic car he's known to the minutest detail anyone could hardly think of!
And not to forget mentioning, met a few local bhpians also there including one of our mods.!
Yes of course I took pics. & will be uploading them shortly as I'm a bit tired now plus imageshack really needs a lot of patience/time to deal with!
So.....just hold on a while!
Old 15th August 2007, 20:08   #3
Senior - BHPian

karl thats some nice pictures there liked seeing the other classics also that turned up.
stanher it must have been a great event with the parallel exhibition going on. catch your breathe and if imageshack does not act up post some pictures at your liesure.
Old 15th August 2007, 21:11   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

ar
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
karl thats some nice pictures there liked seeing the other classics also that turned up.
That reminds me karl- no pics. of the standard 10?? Is it the same black super 10 that was there at the rally last year?

Quote:
stanher it must have been a great event with the parallel exhibition going on. catch your breathe and if imageshack does not act up post some pictures at your liesure.
Ok will try posting a few each post....couldnt post all in one single post considering there are atleast 50 pics. I have (would've had more if my camera had a memory card!)
No luck yet! I wonder if I could ever post thru imageshack!

Last edited by Stanher : 15th August 2007 at 21:22.
Old 16th August 2007, 12:22   #5
Team-BHP Support

Fiat Classic Car Club India Rally - 15 August 2007

We had a rally on the occasion of 60 years of Independence. Although I wasn't present there for the flag off here are pictures clicked at the destination. Our in house expert Karlosdeville should post a report:

My Classic with the Fiat Ardita:

Karl's President:

Enjoy!
Old 16th August 2007, 13:07   #6
Senior - BHPian

Great pics Kiran, especially of the confused Morris who thought it was a Fiat
Just kidding. Lovely cars all, and some very well kept examples like our own Fiatwalle's President and the 57 Dukkar owned by another friend. Report please. In the meanwhile will wait for more pics and a full report from Karl.
Old 16th August 2007, 13:14   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Great pics Kiran, especially of the confused Morris who thought it was a Fiat
"Mein Karl ki Fiat wali banna chahti hoon"

There was a DeSoto and the Tempo but ran away as soon as I reached the location. Guess they got over their confusion.

Last edited by moralfibre : 16th August 2007 at 13:15.
Old 16th August 2007, 13:31   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
"Mein Karl ki Fiat wali banna chahti hoon"

There was a DeSoto and the Tempo but ran away as soon as I reached the location. Guess they got over their confusion.
That was priceless!!
Keep the report coming bro
Old 16th August 2007, 15:46   #9
Senior - BHPian

err... what about the standard 10/penant?? somebody educate the poor thing!!
Old 17th August 2007, 00:56   #10
Senior - BHPian

GGGRRRRR Dont diss the morris guys lol

Why does one of the Fiats have a TRD logo on it?
Old 17th August 2007, 01:14   #11
Senior - BHPian

everyone of you guys are picking on the lonesome morris, poor thing. what about the vintage bike that made its way there.
Old 17th August 2007, 22:31   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
err... what about the standard 10/penant?? somebody educate the poor thing!!
Thats actually a Super 10, predecessor of the pennant....these cars a competitor to the Herald down south despite being older than the latter!

Uh-oh, no more digressing in the fiat thread!
Old 22nd August 2007, 12:06   #13
BHPian

Dear Stanher

How are you, hope u r fine. I am anxiously waiting to see pics of vintage car rally held in Hyd on 15 Aug 07 at Lumbini, pls pics of vintage cars asap. Also help me to find old cars for sale, u can send me email, if u find anygood car. Thanks appreciate ur help.
I have good pics of model cars, but unable to post, as it seems my options were disabled or I don't know what was the problem.

Regards,
VP5
Old 22nd August 2007, 12:35   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagepoint5 View Post
Dear Stanher

How are you, hope u r fine. I am anxiously waiting to see pics of vintage car rally held in Hyd on 15 Aug 07 at Lumbini, pls pics of vintage cars asap. Also help me to find old cars for sale, u can send me email, if u find anygood car. Thanks appreciate ur help.
I have good pics of model cars, but unable to post, as it seems my options were disabled or I don't know what was the problem.

Regards,
VP5
Heh! Now what kind of post is this man? Sounds more like you wrote a letter to stanher and then instead of posting it in the mailbox posted it here by mistake.
Old 27th August 2007, 18:06   #15
BHPian

Adding a picture of my 1955 millecento
ImageShack - Hosting :: frontsidetk7.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks