Team-BHP - Bangalore Beetle Club (BBC)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Post-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/)
-   -   Bangalore Beetle Club (BBC) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/28134-bangalore-beetle-club-bbc-2.html)

Today, I saw the Article in TOI (Bangalore edition).
They have mentioned about Bettle's rally yesterday in which 11 beetles went around Bangalore and what esle is planned in near future
Well done Narendra and best of lucks for your future plans in promoting classics in Bangalore.

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen (Post 573182)
Saw some of them at MG Road yesterday.
Tell us more about this fun bit please. :)

Hi Rudra, i started the group about 5 months back with 2 cars and we have grown to 16 members and about 20+ beetles between us.
There is no membership free we just volunteer to organize a rally, call each other and gang up and have a good time we have had about 4 rallies as of date.

Yesterday we were doing the Prepublicity rally for the "The Great Indian October Fest" TGIOF which is on Oct 5th, 6th and 7th.
We will be displaying our cars along with a Kingfisher F1 car as well at the TGIOF in the Palace Grounds.
Hope to hear from you
you can reach me at narendra.raj@gmail.com
Cheers
Naren

Quote:

Originally Posted by greatDrive (Post 572673)
Naren,
I love your car, You can see my profile photo to confirm :)

Thanks a ton Great Drive hope to meet you some time and will let you drive my Beetle !!!

here is a picture of my beetle. it is being restored still not completed. hope you guys like it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 574087)
here is a picture of my beetle. it is being restored still not completed. hope you guys like it.

Speedy! You bug looks fabulous! a great changre from the normal yellow/red/orange bugs! and an original ragtop is quite rare in india i think?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 574177)
Speedy! You bug looks fabulous! a great changre from the normal yellow/red/orange bugs! and an original ragtop is quite rare in india i think?

thanks JayD. it still has to be completed. this is my neices car and she likes being under the blue sky and hence the colour. she wanted the car to also be black and sport flowers in baby pink, lavender and other girlie colours. she is just 6yrs old. the ragtop is rare and i have not come across many cars with it. it is a hydrolic top.

Wow speedy! Superb bettle youve got there! I must own one (same model years, prefer them to the later ones) some day!!
Whose cars are those other ones? I'm going OT I know....but isnt that white & black car a 50s Austin cambridge behind the beetle?
JAyD: Yes original ragtops are rare here afa I know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanher (Post 574235)
Wow speedy! Superb bettle youve got there! I must own one (same model years, prefer them to the later ones) some day!!
Whose cars are those other ones? I'm going OT I know....but isnt that white & black car a 50s Austin cambridge behind the beetle?
JAyD: Yes original ragtops are rare here afa I know.

thanks stanher. i got this beetle as a wedding present for my brother. it was in a bad state and we are restoreing her. we actually did not want the car and had it thrown on the side. literally thrown it would not even stand in the garage. it did not have papers and we did not have the time to do all this. probably as it was a gift we did not value it and just thought what a junk to give. god knows why we kept the car when we had people lineing up to take her. then one day when my neice was 4 she would want to play around the beetle when my father would bring her to the garage. she then started calling it her car and thats when we decided to restore her. everything is done as per my neices likeing. i am going to buy another beetle soon to fullfill her other colour combination. that is going to make the car look funny but the women will love it and since it is going to be a womens car i think it will pass off.
the others are some of my cars at my garage. the headlight on the extreme right is of the jaguar xk120 and the car in the back is brown and light brown it is a ford consol

Really nice car Speedy !!!

thanks Naren. why dont you post some of your car pictures and give a little background and share some stories on how you got it. that would make the thread interesting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 575995)
thanks Naren. why dont you post some of your car pictures and give a little background and share some stories on how you got it. that would make the thread interesting.

Hi Speedy,
I picked up my car in 2005 December and spent about 9 months restoring it. I restored it to stock.

Picasa Web Albums - Naren - Naren's Beetl...

hope you like it
cheers
Naren

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 547998)
hi raghavendra,
i would not agree with you my friend i own a 67 beetle rag top and i hope my car on being fully complete can come close to your beetles.
we have a beetle club in bombay also. will get you the details.
BHPIANS are intrested in the cars but you have to have patience they will come calling in.

Any ways, as a group we are having a ball. Pls see all news papers in Bangalore for 24th- Monday.
We are every where man.
Inviting all Bug Owners in Bangalore to be a part of this evergrowing club.
Free Entry open to all Bug owners to take part in The Great Indian Oktober Fest,(October 5/6/7)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naren4140 (Post 576096)
Hi Speedy,
I picked up my car in 2005 December and spent about 9 months restoring it. I restored it to stock.

Picasa Web Albums - Naren - Naren's Beetl...

hope you like it
cheers
Naren

naren that a nice colour scheme chosen by you. the interiors also compliment your car colour. really fabulous i must say. the joys of 9 months of hard labour have paid their dividends. thank you for shareing the pictures.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 576101)
Any ways, as a group we are having a ball. Pls see all news papers in Bangalore for 24th- Monday.
We are every where man.
Inviting all Bug Owners in Bangalore to be a part of this evergrowing club.
Free Entry open to all Bug owners to take part in The Great Indian Oktober Fest,(October 5/6/7)

pavan i am sure as a group you must be having a ball and a blast with the cars. unfortunately i am not in bangalore so i would not be able to see the papers and the pictures of the cars.
so the only way for us outsiders to see the cars would be if you would post pictures and talk about your experiences with them like i mentioned earlier.
it just seems like you want to keep the cars a secret and miss the fun elements on this thread so you have less participation on this thread. this is my view, dont take it personally. thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 576147)
naren that a nice colour scheme chosen by you. the interiors also compliment your car colour. really fabulous i must say. the joys of 9 months of hard labour have paid their dividends. thank you for shareing the pictures.

pavan i am sure as a group you must be having a ball and a blast with the cars. unfortunately i am not in bangalore so i would not be able to see the papers and the pictures of the cars.
so the only way for us outsiders to see the cars would be if you would post pictures and talk about your experiences with them like i mentioned earlier.
it just seems like you want to keep the cars a secret and miss the fun elements on this thread so you have less participation on this thread. this is my view, dont take it personally. thanks

Sure Speedy as you say we will share the pictures and the details of our rallies
This was our rally in June , I will upload last Sundays rally this weekend.

Picasa Web Albums - Naren - The Third Ban...

cheers
Naren

naren you had posted this link before also. i have seen it before. i wish you could post some pictures and share your experiences. the others tool . i dont think i can help yo further than this.
here are some beetles that i spotted.