Team-BHP - DODGE DART in Juhu
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Post-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/)
-   -   DODGE DART in Juhu (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/29751-dodge-dart-juhu.html)

Spotted this Dodge dart at a garage in juhu. interiors in bad condition. car was under water in rains so doesnot start. car has been standing in same place since 2-3 years

even after being submerged in water and standing in the same place the car looks like it is in good shape. how bad are the interiors of the car. it is a coupe and very good find. it looks like there is a 115 and a 123 in the back.
if i am not wrong this car was bought from the customs auction and is in one of the lanes in juhu.

You are right Speedy he bought it for 35K. I was there at the auction but reached late and never forgave myself. It is a brilliant and original car but this madman is buggering the car and many others too.
The car is in a Garage in Juhu owned by an absolute crackpot. Amongst other things rotting in his Garage are a Ford Mustang shell which si as corroded as onion skin, a beetle , a Fiat 124 coupe (originally belonging to Sanjay Khan the actor) a 115 Mercedes, a Nissan Skyline from the 1980's a couple or more VW Beetles some of which have been chopped. Many mercs (123-115-116 etc etc) and a few other not so desirable cars. This guy is the pitts. I went to him with a friend's reference.
He quoted that a Diamond Merchant wanted the DArt for 20 lakhs (The guy probablybuys these things and rots them or maybe they are his customer's cars and he just screws them) but he was wondering whetehr to sell. Also when asked (in guise of innocence) when the Mustang would be ready (believe me even God cant salvage that car and a few others which he has) he said in a months time. Apparently he has been offered 8 lakh for the beetles which is missing everything from the engine to a person who wants to own or buy it. When i left the place it took me an hour to stop laughing... Some idiots i tell you!!

So there goes all hopes of getting the Mustang (not that I could but still)

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 587981)
You are right Speedy he bought it for 35K. I was there at the auction but reached late and never forgave myself. It is a brilliant and original car but this madman is buggering the car and many others too.
The car is in a Garage in Juhu owned by an absolute crackpot. Amongst other things rotting in his Garage are a Ford Mustang shell which si as corroded as onion skin, a beetle , a Fiat 124 coupe (originally belonging to Sanjay Khan the actor) a 115 Mercedes, a Nissan Skyline from the 1980's a couple or more VW Beetles some of which have been chopped. Many mercs (123-115-116 etc etc) and a few other not so desirable cars. This guy is the pitts. I went to him with a friend's reference.
. When i left the place it took me an hour to stop laughing... Some idiots i tell you!!

yes gogi bhai it is the same guy at the time i had met him he only had the 124 coupe, a few mercedes,1 beetle and he had just got the dart. we missed the dart and a 190 merc 2.4 it was red and had bbs wheels LHD too due to the broker network in the cutoms.
i had met the guy to buy the dart and had offered him a lac for it. he told me that there was a certain movie producer for whom he had bought the car and the guy wanted to use it for some movie and wanted 10lacs. the beetle at that time he said it was super beetle and had the engine modded from germany and was an original convertible (chopped). the guy was asking 5 lacs for it. i told him i would get back to him and i too burst out laughing when i left. these cars are just going to rot and thanks to people like this we cannot do anything but watch silently.

The car was in very good condition when we saw it in 2005. You're right Gogi, he has a Mustang and I think he said it was a V8. He's also got a couple of Beetle's (a convertible too), lots of old Mercs, etc.

Some of the pics taken in 2005 :

The interiors are not in such good condition now. even parts of dash board are missing. the car hasnt moved an inch from that position in which gordon clicked the photos in 2005. what is this man crazy or what. he is literally waiting for the car to junk. rest all his cars are beyond hope. the mustang has no sign of engine in it.

You guys forgot to mention the rotting Omni.
LOL
:(

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 587981)
He quoted that a Diamond Merchant wanted the DArt for 20 lakhs (The guy probablybuys these things and rots them or maybe they are his customer's cars and he just screws them) but he was wondering whetehr to sell. Also when asked (in guise of innocence) when the Mustang would be ready (believe me even God cant salvage that car and a few others which he has) he said in a months time. Apparently he has been offered 8 lakh for the beetles which is missing everything from the engine to a person who wants to own or buy it. When i left the place it took me an hour to stop laughing... Some idiots i tell you!!

thats funny
the dart does look tempting though. Not too abused it seems.
Guess he doesnt wanna sell until he gets his retirement money for it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustangcollectr (Post 1285539)
thats funny
the dart does look tempting though. Not too abused it seems.
Guess he doesnt wanna sell until he gets his retirement money for it!

Trust me that guy is a raving lunatic. The Dart looks good as it is the same condition as he had bought it many years ago but the floods buggered it up. He went to the extent of starting the car after the floods subsided, a grave mistake if made without draining everything off. Plonk went the engine im told. He then tried to fix the engine (a truly most grave act by him i mean) and its never run since then. The meters had water in them and the seats were cracked due to the water first having seeped through and then having dried there itself

I have never gathered the guts to venture there again.