Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2008, 11:28   #451

Certainly buddy. Will do that today. The design is simple. Take a junked Radiator. Cut the top and botton, and braze them. Thats your degassing tank. Then put accordingly the inlet and outlet ports. And believe me, That degassing tank looks superb to say the least.
Old 14th May 2008, 12:28   #452
BHPian

gta- This is fine but where are the pics of the car in black & grey ??
Old 14th May 2008, 13:15   #453

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavesh55 View Post
gta- This is fine but where are the pics of the car in black & grey ??
No pics till the car is complete buddy...Let it get unveiled in all its glory. Will post some teaser pics soon!
Old 14th May 2008, 17:04   #454

The "Teaser Pics"..
Attached Thumbnails
My Left Hand Drive Fiat.-dsc01897.jpg  

My Left Hand Drive Fiat.-dsc01902.jpg  

Old 15th May 2008, 02:31   #455

Anyone have an ABARTH logo? Or can anyone make a sticker for me?
Old 15th May 2008, 11:49   #456
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Prabhuav - on the Nissan engined car, the bottom hose orients to the LH side of the engine. You have to fit the degassing tank next to the steering gear on the RH side of the car and give the water inlet to the bottom tank of the radiator. The top of the radiator must be bled into the degassing tank. Please telephone me (you have my number), I will explain you. Please do not do it any other way, it will not work.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 15th May 2008, 12:44   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Prabhuav - on the Nissan engined car, the bottom hose orients to the LH side of the engine. You have to fit the degassing tank next to the steering gear on the RH side of the car and give the water inlet to the bottom tank of the radiator. The top of the radiator must be bled into the degassing tank. Please telephone me (you have my number), I will explain you. Please do not do it any other way, it will not work.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

I hope its the same way in S1, if yes, prabhuav could alternately pickup a degassing tank from an S1. Your say Behram.
Old 15th May 2008, 14:14   #458

This is what Salil sent me a lonh time ago. I hope everyone enjoys this picture.
Old 15th May 2008, 18:05   #459
Distinguished - BHPian

The seats are in. The bucket seats cleared the roll cage perfectly with 10 mm clearance as desired. I can give myself a pat on the back. For a job done in 3 hours flat, 200 kms away from the car with only referencing dimensions taken from a third car with similar seats + roll cage temporarily fitted on a car with bench seats, it's not bad. The front glass broke during fitment (good - it had scratches on it anyways). All window winders and locks are in. Other glasses are in. Let's see. I have to tune the Mikuni now (first time with the idle compensator on a Padmini).

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 17th May 2008, 01:11   #460

Just got the Wheels back today from painting. They look stunning.
Old 17th May 2008, 02:50   #461
Senior - BHPian

Welcome back Cyrus43. WHatever happened to GTA? DOnt tell me hes banned now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post

This is what Salil sent me a lonh time ago. I hope everyone enjoys this picture.
This pic looks like its taken in a Mela with cardboard cutouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
.... All window winders and locks are in. Other glasses are in. Let's see. I have to tune the Mikuni now (first time with the idle compensator on a Padmini).
Bhai, with you on the job, taht too on a Fiat, there can be no better combination
Old 17th May 2008, 15:50   #462

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Welcome back Cyrus43. WHatever happened to GTA? DOnt tell me hes banned now
Wats GTA?? I dont know what you are talking about. And Me Banned??? Where the heavens did you get that idea from?? Im such a good boy.

Anyways coming back to the car.
Electronic fuel pump fitted. Fuel Lines Primed and car was started in ONE CRANK. The Carb has been tuned and car is spitting out water from the tailpipe like anybodys business!!!! The Bumpers are ready for installment. The car will be polished and will be home tomorrow. I am off soon to get brand new rubber for it. I am getting normal CEAT SAFETY DRIVE for it. Ishaantirewallahbhai will be irritated as he would like to see YOKOS on it. Ishaantirewallahbhai..For me YOKO=SIZZLER.....

Ohh and we will be outting in some 4 point Seatbelts in it too..So watch out for that.
Old 17th May 2008, 15:57   #463
BHPian

hey cyrus good to find you here. always loved your rally faits .

by the way do you also tune the engine to make it faster and all? or by any chance have you ever changed the whole engine of any of your fiats?

CR-V

ps:guess who i am .
Old 17th May 2008, 17:48   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
....The Bumpers are ready for installment.
IS this your first installment on your bumper
Jokes apart. I want to know whats with the scoop on the bonnet? Twin webbers would be more like it or is it just for show. That scoop reminded me of my twin webber-ed fiat, hence I asked. Am out of town and back tomorrow so id love to see the car if its gonna be there the day after. All the best with the final touches bro. Has been a good thread and am sure will continue to be so in the future with the mods you plan.
P.S. On the tyre front I dont know if yokos make a tyre with the configuration suiting the Padmini. I mean in this car it would be dreadful to think thick tyres with low profiles. That would actually mean great arm workout for the driver.
Old 17th May 2008, 20:07   #465
BHPian

So, as a part of the *paint job advisory committee*, can I have a first hand look on the car tomorrow?

P.S. @CR-V. I sincerely hope that you are not associated with Team Mafia.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks