Old 4th October 2010, 11:14   #751
Senior - BHPian

There is another LHD fiat (A delight) with one of the Mechanic / restorer

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1631483-post684.html

My Left Hand Drive Fiat.-lhd-fiat.jpg
Old 4th October 2010, 12:45   #752
BHPian

@ IndrojitSircar,
This LHD Fiat is also been for a sale by Rohan Nino Puri from Delhi.
Here is the link to his Orkut album:
http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#AlbumZoom?uid=14003431983469569751&pid=124543 9525448&aid=1245414278$pid=1245439525448
Here are some of its pics from his Orkut album:
Attached Thumbnails
My Left Hand Drive Fiat.-01.jpg  

My Left Hand Drive Fiat.-02.jpg  

My Left Hand Drive Fiat.-04.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 4th October 2010, 13:46   #753
BHPian

This white LHD has supposedly been advertised for sale for a long time by someone in the north who has clicked pictures from where she is parked and not really knowing who the actual owner is.
Old 4th October 2010, 20:45   #754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
This white LHD has supposedly been advertised for sale for a long time by someone in the north who has clicked pictures from where she is parked and not really knowing who the actual owner is.

This also came from a car dealer in West India who had sent me the detials of this car. As you say that the pictures are the identical ones that were with the person in the north.
Old 4th October 2010, 20:56   #755
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear all - I had taken MH01YA3238, my left hand drive fiat (and the reason for having this thread), to Mumbai around a month back. I again brought it back to Nasik today evening. As the effective battery life was finished, I purchased a brand new battery. It cost me Rs.6090/-. It also gave me very good fuel consumption. The guage read slightly above half mark when I started from Dadar. Now it is at half mark. This means that the Mikuni is working perfectly. The tail pipe has become light pink in colour. The muffler is the original S1 specification part as recommended by AVL. I covered 179 kms in 2 hours and 45 minutes, which translates to an average speed of 65 kmph, effectively 1 km in a shade less than 1 minute.

The car is now once again safely parked at Nasik. Tomorrow, I will park it inside my garage and take out my 1964 super select MRY3112. This is just for information.

And by the way, as and when the Belgaum meet materialises, I have to just connect the battery, fill petrol and drive from Nasik to Belgaum via Pune, Satara and Kolhapur.

Finally the whole effort is worth it because all my 4 fiats work like this. .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2010, 22:38   #756
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
[b][u]
And by the way, as and when the Belgaum meet materialises, I have to just connect the battery, fill petrol and drive from Nasik to Belgaum via Pune, Satara and Kolhapur.
Nice to know that you are hoping for a Belgaum DREAM meet. We need to figure out a way where in FCCCM, FCB, FCM ,FCCH guys can all discuss and join in for the drive.
Old 5th October 2010, 14:06   #757
BHPian

Quote:
[b][u]

Finally the whole effort is worth it because all my 4 fiats work like this. .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Folks hang on till one more hopefully a S1 arrives in the pack.
Old 5th October 2010, 17:14   #758
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrishikesh View Post
@ IndrojitSircar,
This LHD Fiat is also been for a sale by Rohan Nino Puri from Delhi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
From one of the pics. showing a State Bank emblem, it appears that this car is parked outside a Bank. So could've been confiscated by the Bank against some loan/hypothecation?
Old 6th October 2010, 03:14   #759

They have warehouses for that. They dont keep those cars right outside their bank branches!!
Old 6th October 2010, 10:42   #760
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
They have warehouses for that. They dont keep those cars right outside their bank branches!!
They do in some of the branches here atleast.
Old 2nd February 2013, 11:54   #761
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Left Hand Drive Fiat.

Dear all - recent updates on the LHD, safely parked in Pune.

The Maruti 800 Mikuni carburettor is changed to a new original S1 engine specification Mikuni (found it after a lot of difficulty), the distributor is also changed, the car runs better than before, more water is coming out of the tailpipe. Changed all flexible fuel lines as they had become brittle, need to do a good highway run sometime. Will adapt higher output venturis and jets shortly. Procured an original Italian intake manifold from a 1965 model scrapped engine, cleaned it completely, port finish is absolutely beautiful. Want to do the comparison of the new Mikuni with a new Solex, adapting a differential cam drive throttle control taken off an old Peugeot for attaching to the LHD accelerator cable.

So many interesting things to do, just no time to do them!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Last edited by DHABHAR.BEHRAM : 2nd February 2013 at 12:02. Reason: add info
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2013, 12:43   #762
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear all - a small update on the LHD, in Pune.

I just wanted to start the engine. Before starting, I always check water level in the degassing tank, it was absolutely OK. Added around 200cc of water (small coke bottle) to ensure completeness of flow path but the water remained in the degassing tank. Checked the filler line from degassing tank to elbow and bleed line from radiator to the degassing tank, all absolutely OK. Root cause of water remaining in the degassing tank was that the entry point to the degassing tank was blocked. As soon as the beed pipe was removed from its location, water flowed into the system with a satisfying gurgling sound. As I have two bleeds in the degassing tank (I had made two as I wanted an additional bleed from the cylinder head also, but I have not used it till now), I just used the alternate bleed hole. Purged the system completely and started the engine. Absolutely fine as usual, water spewing from the tail pipe.

I wonder how the bleed got blocked, but I learnt something new, so sharing. See the photograph of the degassing tank next to the air cleaner. I have just used the rear inlet instead of the front inlet.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Attached Thumbnails
My Left Hand Drive Fiat.-pic2.jpg  

DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 10:56   #763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear all - a small update on the LHD, in Pune.

I just wanted to start the engine. Before starting, I always check water level in the degassing tank, it was absolutely OK. Added around 200cc of water (small coke bottle) to ensure completeness of flow path but the water remained in the degassing tank. Checked the filler line from degassing tank to elbow and bleed line from radiator to the degassing tank, all absolutely OK. Root cause of water remaining in the degassing tank was that the entry point to the degassing tank was blocked. As soon as the beed pipe was removed from its location, water flowed into the system with a satisfying gurgling sound. As I have two bleeds in the degassing tank (I had made two as I wanted an additional bleed from the cylinder head also, but I have not used it till now), I just used the alternate bleed hole. Purged the system completely and started the engine. Absolutely fine as usual, water spewing from the tail pipe.

I wonder how the bleed got blocked, but I learnt something new, so sharing. See the photograph of the degassing tank next to the air cleaner. I have just used the rear inlet instead of the front inlet.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Behram sir thats the neatest engine bay i have ever seen on a Fiat.Blame it to me only seeing the rickety cabs of Mumbai.Kudos to you.
Old 8th December 2014, 13:23   #764
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear all - hello after quite some time. After the last restoration pictures given in post no 527 dated 16 June 2008, now after 6.5 years (with longish hibernations during the monsoons), the last one being from 26 February 2014 to now, I have just started complete appearance refurbishment of the LHD from yesterday. Appearance change is something that I have been wanting to do for a very long time. The time has come. Mechanically, there is just nothing to be done.

Choice of fittings: The hump on the bonnet and the lynch pin supports will remain. The front doors will be changed to ones with quarter glass, I have two fully trimmed doors. The side trims will be from the 1100D but only if they fit properly, otherwise the Padmini trims will remain. The tail-lights and the number plate lights will be the aluminum ones from the 1100D. The headlights will be from Hella, H4 from Germany. I intend to put 2 nos Hella 450 rectangular lights on the front supports, which were already built in last time. The complete wiring harness with the Bosch relay is also there, ready to use. The bumpers will be from the 1100D, with matching bumper guards. The rear bumper will be the long one with side supports. The grille will be from Cromodora Italy. The wheel rims and original wheel caps will be from the super select. I have brand new MRF twintread white sidewall tires with me, which I intend to use. The instrument cluster will be the original Italian one from the super select.

Choice of car color and trim color: there is so much discussion going on around the color that I am going absolutely crazy! Finally, for the full car, I have zeroed in on "Ebony Black" (Hyundai) or "Dove Grey" (Tata). I may finally consider not going in for black wheels and black top (in case of grey) this time. Within these color combinations, please let me know your comments on the car color and the matching seats / trim color. I want it to look understated but absolutely stunning! Maybe I will get the clue to the exact thing that I want.

I think that this thing will take at least a couple of months to complete. So, await the surprise guys!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2014, 11:21   #765
BHPian

Sounds good BD! While you plan to give a nice makeover, do you intend to use it too or again hibernate?! I notice most of your FIATs are always hibernated. I wonder how can you resist from using them regularly.

Another fact is, we sometimes spend more money for maintaining a car under hibernation than we spend if we use them regularly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks