Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2007, 23:43   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
And the stickers on the black 1100 gives me the idea that its gonna get 'pimped'! . I dunno what's wrong with people here, but some teens have taken a sudden liking to dukkars, and make them all bling with phat alloys n stuff, sad!
Nothing wrong in that as long as they are having fun and the Fiats are making them have it. As long as they are keeping the right pcd and the right offset it doesn't matter.
Old 6th December 2007, 23:58   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Nothing wrong in that as long as they are having fun and the Fiats are making them have it. As long as they are keeping the right pcd and the right offset it doesn't matter.
And as long it doesnt happen to be a really rare fiat, like that '57 station-wagon/familiarE.
Old 7th December 2007, 00:20   #78

Quote:
they do no make the same pcd and offset wheels as the original fiat wheels are...we have been trying to find one set since ages...
Old 7th December 2007, 01:20   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
they do no make the same pcd and offset wheels as the original fiat wheels are...we have been trying to find one set since ages...
The wheels on my car are 98 pcd and a offset of 40/41, ensures that the wheel outer line is in the same place with the rim and tyre being wider than the stock 132. Although I got mine direct from Hindalco, as my Dad worked on one of their projects and this particular rim was suggested by their engineer. Who was known to be mechanically very sound in his knowledge. He also warned us that anything else will affect the wheel bearings moreover he was also instrumental in suggesting the specific tyre size.

See if you can procure that design, but highly unlikely, because they designed this specially for Padmini's (otherwise which other car has 98 pcd!) and later on seeing the lack of demand, stopped it. Even I doubt if I would have been able to procure it from outside.

One thing, have you tried the Palio Alloy rims. I guess the offset will be different and the central hole will foul with the grease cap.

Last edited by 1100D : 7th December 2007 at 01:25.
Old 7th December 2007, 01:23   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
And as long it doesnt happen to be a really rare fiat, like that '57 station-wagon/familiarE.
I agree, but I was talking about the black one.
Old 7th December 2007, 01:32   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
ok guys...are you sure that it is an original station wagon or is it a mod job..???
Old 7th December 2007, 01:37   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ok guys...are you sure that it is an original station wagon or is it a mod job..???
That sure looks original. The mod jobbed Dukkars would mostly have a Safari like tail (in contrast this one looks authentic).
Old 7th December 2007, 10:37   #83

Quote:
That sure looks original. The mod jobbed Dukkars would mostly have a Safari like tail (in contrast this one looks authentic).
i know it looks authentic..thats what i thought too..but kurian(the guy i bought the LHD from) says it is a mod job...i really think otherwise...can we have someone post up some real 1100 millicento stationwagons please!!!

karl...help
Old 7th December 2007, 14:34   #84
BHPian

Quote:
i know it looks authentic..thats what i thought too..but kurian(the guy i bought the LHD from) says it is a mod job...i really think otherwise...can we have someone post up some real 1100 millicento stationwagons please!!!

karl...help
May be the image in the brochure below gives some idea if the stationwagon is original or a modified job.

Old 7th December 2007, 15:20   #85
BHPian

and some more of the stationwagon version.......

Old 7th December 2007, 16:13   #86

notice the middle glass...in the pics it is a split glass and in farhans pics it is a single glass....dad says it is an original car..also notice the black number plate....

last but not least...look at the front wheel...looks like 5 bolts instead of 4...
Old 7th December 2007, 16:34   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
notice the middle glass...in the pics it is a split glass and in farhans pics it is a single glass....dad says it is an original car..also notice the black number plate....

last but not least...look at the front wheel...looks like 5 bolts instead of 4...
A split glass may be a later alteration. The strange bonnet lines are definitely a later modification. The front door hinges are definitely a modification. The rest may well be genuine, I doubt anybody can make such a pleasant looking wagon conversion in the country, looking at previous exploits!

What does the black number plate tell you? And why didnt you get more pics?!
Old 7th December 2007, 21:56   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
A split glass may be a later alteration. The strange bonnet lines are definitely a later modification. The front door hinges are definitely a modification. The rest may well be genuine, I doubt anybody can make such a pleasant looking wagon conversion in the country, looking at previous exploits!

What does the black number plate tell you? And why didnt you get more pics?!
took these pics while driving baba...the number plate is still black and it seems to be a very old registration...
Old 7th December 2007, 22:07   #89

hey gys...just found some more pics of my fiat...a lil disapointed...

Old 7th December 2007, 22:13   #90
BHPian

Here is a modded LHD Padmini in Doha, Qatar.

List of mods:
  • black leather interiors.
  • pioneer Organic EL Display CD Player with full sound system by sony xplod Woofer 2000 watt .
  • stone shift knob.
  • engine changed to 120y datsun with custom headers.
MORE PICS can be found here:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2545123

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks