Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2008, 17:56   #271
BHPian

First you need to decide if you want a Rally Fiat or A nice Classic Fiat.For the former, ivory & black bonnet will be nice, for the latter, Dark Grey will be nice Safari grey is metallic. I suggest you start with Swift Grey & darken it by mixing black.I hope you have seen my Rally Fiat. It is Elkhart Yellow with black bonnet. I chose this color bcos it was the same as my Rally/Race car.Reg stickers you need to put those that were relevant to the period. Rally cars did not have white wall.If you want white wall, I have White wall rubber emulsion paint.This is exactlly like OE whitewall.It is from Europe & used on American Classics .I hope you have horn ring bcos LHD's had one

That's a nice Hindustan 14. Is it for sale?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Last edited by Technocrat : 25th March 2008 at 18:27.
Old 25th March 2008, 19:05   #272

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S.ANANTH View Post
First you need to decide if you want a Rally Fiat or A nice Classic Fiat.For the former, ivory & black bonnet will be nice, for the latter, Dark Grey will be nice Safari grey is metallic. I suggest you start with Swift Grey & darken it by mixing black.I hope you have seen my Rally Fiat. It is Elkhart Yellow with black bonnet. I chose this color bcos it was the same as my Rally/Race car.Reg stickers you need to put those that were relevant to the period. Rally cars did not have white wall.If you want white wall, I have White wall rubber emulsion paint.This is exactlly like OE whitewall.It is from Europe & used on American Classics .I hope you have horn ring bcos LHD's had one

That's a nice Hindustan 14. Is it for sale?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post
Yes we have a horn Ring. The original one. One query sir, The White circle on the front door, Is that a sticker or is it painted on? Coz it looks so nice. About the White wall emulsion, If we need it sir, i will definately contact you. Thanks.
Old 25th March 2008, 19:09   #273
Team-BHP Support

i vote for rally spec and grey/black combo
Old 25th March 2008, 19:11   #274
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
i vote for rally spec and grey/black combo
Me too. Might as well go all the way if you've come this far.

Behram, I see this car becoming more and more like Percy Ghyarah's.
Old 25th March 2008, 19:41   #275

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Me too. Might as well go all the way if you've come this far.

Behram, I see this car becoming more and more like Percy Ghyarah's.
Yes. That is where the inspiration came from.
Old 25th March 2008, 20:18   #276
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA View Post
[IMG]

Also, can you please teach me how to do this in photoshop. PLEASE. And ohh yea, Can you do a Dark grey with black roof combo???
i know im replying to an old post but check out Welcome to Digimods - The UK's Largest Virtual Cars Site - Photoshop Auto Chopping Car
Old 25th March 2008, 20:48   #277

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
That doesnt solve my problem akshay. I need someone to teach me hands on from the basics.
Old 25th March 2008, 21:19   #278
BHPian

Circle was painted. Stickers were developed by me from the Net.
Old 25th March 2008, 22:43   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.S.ANANTH View Post
If you want white wall, I have White wall rubber emulsion paint.This is exactlly like OE whitewall.It is from Europe & used on American Classics .
Can I have a can of this if you have one to spare??
Old 26th March 2008, 00:32   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA View Post
That doesnt solve my problem akshay. I need someone to teach me hands on from the basics.
I'll definitely give u some tuitions. But time is a problem.

@ Behram Sir, it is a pleasure to help you .

Some more grey-black combos in pic 1 and pic 2.

The Rally Special is in pic 3.
I have added a roll cage, mudflaps, competition no. and an antenna.

Note the missing bullbar. The photo has gone through some extreme surgery.

P.S. - If I won't b able to come online for next few days, you can contact other photoshoppers viz. SRK, pawan, akshay1234, captainsokhi for help.
Attached Thumbnails
My Left Hand Drive Fiat.-1100dgraycombo1.jpg  

My Left Hand Drive Fiat.-1100dgraycombo2.jpg  

My Left Hand Drive Fiat.-1100dgraycombo3.jpg  

Last edited by salilpawar1 : 26th March 2008 at 00:36.
Old 26th March 2008, 02:05   #281

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
I'll definitely give u some tuitions. But time is a problem.

@ Behram Sir, it is a pleasure to help you .

Some more grey-black combos in pic 1 and pic 2.

The Rally Special is in pic 3.
I have added a roll cage, mudflaps, competition no. and an antenna.

Note the missing bullbar. The photo has gone through some extreme surgery.

P.S. - If I won't b able to come online for next few days, you can contact other photoshoppers viz. SRK, pawan, akshay1234, captainsokhi for help.
WAAH BETA. you have outdone yourself. Now that is some cool stuff. Very nice.
I will tell you what i want though. One last request. Do a matt black hood in the following picture. The outlined area should be in MATT BLACK. That is the hood and the body till upper cut of the front fenders.

There is another picture below it too that you can use.
Attached Thumbnails
My Left Hand Drive Fiat.-image00659.jpg  

My Left Hand Drive Fiat.-image006.jpg  

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 26th March 2008 at 02:09.
Old 26th March 2008, 08:12   #282
BHPian

Reg, White Wall paint,I am expecting a consignment in the next few weeks.I can definitely give you 2 cans . You need 2 cans for 5 tyres.
Old 26th March 2008, 08:25   #283
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Mr.Ananth - your query on the theme is correct. As the colour is "mostly finalised" as swift grey with black combination, only the rally theme will go with it. Therefore, I am trying to see if I can make a roll cage for this car. I will have to do it on my other Fiat and then transfer the whole thing as it is necessary to fit it during body reassembly after painting. My only problem is time.

Dear Salil Pawar - your contribution on colour schemes is fantastic. Thank you very much. Requesting if you can do something on my ex rally car MMY43 (I sold it in 1993). It had the rollcage in it.

Dear all - I am trying to fit a different type of degassing tank this time (made from radiator tanks). It was used in the Himalayan Rally in 1986 in a Tamil Nadu registered Fiat car TCC7921. Maybe Mr.Ananth will remember. I will give pictures as soon as it is fitted.

Dear Cyrus - The Hindustan 14 is of our colony only. It stands in a building compound in Jame Jamshed road. The owner will never sell it.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 26th March 2008, 10:50   #284

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Mr.Ananth - your query on the theme is correct. As the colour is "mostly finalised" as swift grey with black combination, only the rally theme will go with it. Therefore, I am trying to see if I can make a roll cage for this car. I will have to do it on my other Fiat and then transfer the whole thing as it is necessary to fit it during body reassembly after painting. My only problem is time.

Dear Salil Pawar - your contribution on colour schemes is fantastic. Thank you very much. Requesting if you can do something on my ex rally car MMY43 (I sold it in 1993). It had the rollcage in it.

Dear all - I am trying to fit a different type of degassing tank this time (made from radiator tanks). It was used in the Himalayan Rally in 1986 in a Tamil Nadu registered Fiat car TCC7921. Maybe Mr.Ananth will remember. I will give pictures as soon as it is fitted.

Dear Cyrus - The Hindustan 14 is of our colony only. It stands in a building compound in Jame Jamshed road. The owner will never sell it.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Ohh i thought i had seen that car before and the owner gave me a queer look too.

I guess we will have to make the rollcage here in bombay only. Have you decided between the hood and roof decesion?

I am off to the garage in an hour or so.

Explain the degassing tank a little better.

p.s. Exam went very well.
Old 26th March 2008, 11:51   #285
BHPian

Premier Padmini For Sale

I got a call from Bangalore saying that an one owner Premier Padmini, 1987year, just done 22000kms , new tyres,with original manual,papers .The price is 35000. Interested BHPian send me a PM. I shall give the contact No. & he can deal directly.

Most Viewed