Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2007, 23:39   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

OK got it Cyrus, thanks for the clarification! Wow, this is amazing to know though!
In that case Gogi, your indeed very lucky to get these on your car!

And- apologies to Suren if I seem to be hijacking your thread!- could you post some pics. showing the side-indicators more clearly? They seem similar to select ones (as do the ones on the millecento in the above pic.)....so jus curious to check them out...
Old 29th December 2007, 23:42   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
OK got it Cyrus, thanks for the clarification! Wow, this is amazing to know though!
In that case Gogi, your indeed very lucky to get these on your car!

And- apologies to Suren if I seem to be hijacking your thread!- could you post some pics. showing the side-indicators more clearly? They seem similar to select ones (as do the ones on the millecento in the above pic.)....so jus curious to check them out...

are you sure??..didnt the millicento have these indicators onli...the famous "fish shaped" ones as karl calls it...the placing seems to be a bit wierd though....

i think the fiat craziness in my blood is starting to kick in now...i am quite good in recognising what is what....btw if you are wondering why the flattery..this is my 700th post..am happy.....

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 29th December 2007 at 23:45.
Old 30th December 2007, 00:25   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
are you sure??..didnt the millicento have these indicators onli...the famous "fish shaped" ones as karl calls it...the placing seems to be a bit wierd though....
Donno....Ive been googling images of millecentos since & some of them have it (although in the same position as on later fiats):

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...-103_Black.JPG

FIAT 1100 103 AUTOCARRO RADIATO DA Annunci Auto d'epoca, storiche e moderne: Annunci gratuiti con foto

(Interesting pick-up version btw!)

Some of them have the later ones:

Fiat 1100/103 berlina Annunci Auto d'epoca, storiche e moderne: Annunci gratuiti con foto

Some dont have any at all...
Old 30th December 2007, 02:09   #19

that confuses it even more....

WOW...just take a look at the originality of that pik up..simply amazing...
Old 30th December 2007, 10:12   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
that confuses it even more....

WOW...just take a look at the originality of that pik up..simply amazing...
Thats probably because it most likely wasnt in use anymore after it got a decade old.....unlike in our country where these things would be driven to the last nut...with all kinds of mods. done on them time to time...!
We had a few Standard 10 delivery vans & pick-ups here as well.....where are they seen now? :(
Old 30th December 2007, 13:40   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Great to see progress on the car Suren.

To address the headlamp ring queries, these particular units were popular accessories, sold mainly on the 1100 TV or tourismo veloce, a tuned version of the humber 1100, with a subtly different body. They might be repros, but very faithfull ones at that.

The 54, 55, 56 Millecentos never came with side indicators.

The late 56, 57, centre light units had tiny round ones in the centre of the mudguard, similar in size to Uno units.

The 58-62 Selects came with the tear drop shape, the 62-72 Super select and Delights came with larger round units with an aluminium base.

The above description is in respect to cars sold in India. While there were more permutations and combinations, dont go by any fittings you see on a well restored car in Italy, they too make blunders, or compromises for modern regulations. It is best to stick to factory literature, which too has a small chance of being suspect.
Old 30th December 2007, 14:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hey come on now..you are also quite a good "authority" on the "fiat" subject...

yeah.. but, within one week, if u don't update your merc thread, i'm gonna personally steal your 115!!!
Old 30th December 2007, 14:33   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Seems I forgot to add pics of the teardop shape units. There were 3 types as shown.

Old 30th December 2007, 17:57   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
yeah.. but, within one week, if u don't update your merc thread, i'm gonna personally steal your 115!!!
Sorry man the denter has just returned from a looooong holiday of 4 months. Works started again since two days.

@ Stanher- Lovely pic of the pick up.... beautiful

@ Karlosdeville- these last teardrops pics (full orange) are the same that came on the 1200 Granluche too?
Old 30th December 2007, 18:13   #25

sure looks like them in the above pic...karl...arent these the same?
Old 30th December 2007, 21:04   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
sure looks like them in the above pic...karl...arent these the same?
Nope, those are completely different

Gogiji, the 1200 Gran Luce would have had many trim variants, with many permutations of indicators, the tear drop being one of them.
Old 30th December 2007, 21:13   #27
BHPian

A few pics for Gogi

Last edited by suren181 : 30th December 2007 at 21:31. Reason: hic hic!!! a couple down the belt
Old 30th December 2007, 22:14   #28
BHPian

Indicators

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Seems I forgot to add pics of the teardop shape units. There were 3 types as shown.

Awesome indicators Karl.

TTO - "Total Turn ON"
Old 31st December 2007, 14:47   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Great to see progress on the car Suren.

The late 56, 57, centre light units had tiny round ones in the centre of the mudguard, similar in size to Uno units.

Karl thank you for the interest shown on AHO 6050 Karl and let me tell you would love more inputs to flow in from your end so please keep it coming. I shall be updating this thread as and when I visit the w/shop.

Now Karl, as mentioned by you above, could I take it that a Uno's side indicators would come close to the original? Have been unable to source the original ones as depicted by you inspite of searching hard and low.
Old 31st December 2007, 15:12   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Now Karl, as mentioned by you above, could I take it that a Uno's side indicators would come close to the original? Have been unable to source the original ones as depicted by you inspite of searching hard and low.
The originals are near impossible to locate, I too am hunting for a set, and plan to fit Uno units till I get the genuine item. They look close enough.

As you can see, the new plastic is pretty shiny, I plan to leave my set on my terrace for a few months to age it a bit, and look more period

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks