Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2007, 15:30   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Nope, those are completely different

Gogiji, the 1200 Gran Luce would have had many trim variants, with many permutations of indicators, the tear drop being one of them.
Thank you for your input"jis", Karl"ji"

Looks like ill do the same for my Dukkar, seeing that they have buick parking lamps installed there in place..
Thanks for the pics Suren, inside the bonnet, shes absolutely intact.
Old 31st December 2007, 16:04   #32
BHPian

Gurus... just about landed up with yet another query? See, the thing is I just about managed to lay my hands on 3 nos. outer door handles which are NOS. This includes the Fr Rt handle with keys.

Now as I gave it a keen look I could see that the Surface of the handles are forked slightly upward (at the centre) at the area where our palm clutches the handle. Could anyone tell me if it's so for the Fiat 1100 103, or is it a flat surface? Shall post pics when I get back home, in the meanwhile was wondering if these are the right ones or not.
Old 31st December 2007, 16:25   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Gurus... just about landed up with yet another query? See, the thing is I just about managed to lay my hands on 3 nos. outer door handles which are NOS. This includes the Fr Rt handle with keys.

Now as I gave it a keen look I could see that the Surface of the handles are forked slightly upward (at the centre) at the area where our palm clutches the handle. Could anyone tell me if it's so for the Fiat 1100 103, or is it a flat surface? Shall post pics when I get back home, in the meanwhile was wondering if these are the right ones or not.
What you speak of are probably chrome finished, (original ones were aluminium) made by Asha, the key will have Asha stamped on it with a squared off head. These are Indian reproductions, and are quite close. The ridge you speak of is more pronounced, and barely visible in the Italian version. Its a very small difference, and you are lucky to find even these. They have dried up.

They are common to 54 to mid 64 models.

On looking at your car pics again, they seem to sport the aluminium handles. The advantage with the chrome ones is that they look much more attractive as opposed to the dull aluminium, though it is a minor departure from stock.

Gogiji, do you need any chrome ones? I can source those if you like.

Last edited by karlosdeville : 31st December 2007 at 16:27.
Old 31st December 2007, 16:28   #34
BHPian

Bang on Karl... They are indeed of "Asha" brand. Phew man, am just amazed by your knowledge on these cars and thanks a ton mate. Is it ok if I fit these three instead of the existing ones and? As in would it be sacrilege? The original ones I would be keeping with me and fitting them when needed for shows, if this car would reach a basic level of originality finally. i.e.

Last edited by suren181 : 31st December 2007 at 16:30.
Old 31st December 2007, 16:31   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Bang on Karl... They are indeed of "Asha" brand. Phew man, am just amazed by your knowledge on these cars and thanks a ton mate. Is it ok if I fit these three instead of the existing ones and? As in would it be sacrilege?
Sure, you could fit these on. Ill source you a 4th. First fit these on and see which ones they are. (Left, right, front, rear, they differ). Ill source you the remaining one. The advantage is these are brand new, they will have no play in them, and will enhace the show of the car, as long as it doesnt prick you. It is a minor, reversible change after all.
Old 31st December 2007, 19:19   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Sure, you could fit these on. Ill source you a 4th. First fit these on and see which ones they are. (Left, right, front, rear, they differ). Ill source you the remaining one. The advantage is these are brand new, they will have no play in them, and will enhace the show of the car, as long as it doesnt prick you. It is a minor, reversible change after all.
Suren I do have a few of these (chromed ones) lying around at home, plucked- I mean procured- from a few of apna Shakir bhai's lot as they came around...

'also have a brand new set of 4 chrome handles (inc. one with the lock & key- the spare key folr this I had given for your car's handle) if your interested.
Got it for around 400/- if I remember right.
Old 2nd January 2008, 14:09   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Suren - I am glad that you are restoring a 1957 FIAT. Please do call up if you need any help. Shyam has my mobile number.

Best of luck and I look forward to seeing your restored car.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 2nd January 2008, 16:23   #38
BHPian

Thank you Dhabharji, am honored and would definitely trouble you for guidance. Thank you once again
Old 10th January 2008, 17:24   #39
BHPian

Been shopping for NOS and was thrilled to get this

I get really excited when I come across New Old Stock which has been my quest for quite some time since I got the car. Wonder if this would mean anything at all, but the fact is that locating stuff in Hyderabad is like finding a needle in a haystack.

I forgot to mention that the front cover for this Indicator switch assemble was not available though. I guess I shall paint up my old one's cover and use that. The make is BREVETTO

Last edited by suren181 : 10th January 2008 at 17:27. Reason: Addition and Correction
Old 10th January 2008, 17:50   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Been shopping for NOS and was thrilled to get this
NOS? How did you manage that! They're hard to find second hand as well. Great stuff.

Any progress necessating pictorial updates?
Old 10th January 2008, 23:08   #41
BHPian

Surprisingly Karl, managed to get a an NOS Select Grille too ( Could be After market though, was packed, Have paid up fully. Will post snaps when I take it of their hands)... Waiting for a Select now
Old 11th January 2008, 11:30   #42
BHPian

Sorry, but what's NOS?

Superavi
Old 11th January 2008, 11:34   #43
BHPian

NOS = New Old Stock, Ravi. As in, in this case the Part that I purchased was lying in this spares shop for many a decade unsold. Thats the reason for the excitement.
Old 11th January 2008, 12:03   #44
BHPian

Ah! Okay, now i get it. Not that i'm a speed freak or a movies buff (NOS - the Nitrous something thing seems to be more in the movies), i just couldnt get the relation.

That's a nice car and great to know that you did get some NOS!
Old 11th January 2008, 14:02   #45
Senior - BHPian

great find suren, these things are almost extinct

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks