Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2007, 18:22   #1
Senior - BHPian

Few oldies...

Hi guys,

I have spotted these cars in Pune.. Thought of sharing with you.. I have no idea about the blue car (Cud be Ford) and jeep (4X4), means its brand and all, may b few of us can throw some light.. And VW van was looking very fresh... The owner of that van has many vintage vehicles...

Mod: Please move the thread to the place you feel appropriate...

neoonwheels is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2007, 19:32   #2
BHPian

Looks like a Ford Cortina?
VW Microbus
Willys Jeep Wagon
Old 29th December 2007, 21:20   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMan View Post
Looks like a Ford Cortina?
VW Microbus
Willys Jeep Wagon
That car looks too big to be a Cortina (which is a Brit. ford)....looks much like an American Ford...its got another badge on the grille.....my guess is it sayd "Falcon"....

Surprising thing is the way the car's been parked so close to the wall on the left side!
'hope it wasnt dented/scratched in the process...
Old 29th December 2007, 22:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

yes that is a ford falcon station wagon posted sometime back in the rust is piece thread or some other its not been looked after
Old 29th December 2007, 22:25   #5
BHPian

Yes

That Ford was posted by me in RustinPieces Thread long time back.

I have also posted the Willys Station Car & A High Bonnet Willys jeep alongside that. all belong to one person. I have his contact. But hes not available.
Old 29th December 2007, 22:28   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
yes that is a ford falcon station wagon posted sometime back in the rust is piece thread or some other its not been looked after
AHA!! This car did ring a bell! But wasnt loud & clear enough until you mentioned it!

Yup your right...although if I recall right, the car (if the same one) looked more neglected in those pics...and the person who posted said it was used as a hangout by some drunks etc....or am I confusing it with a similar car.....?
Old 30th December 2007, 10:04   #7
Senior - BHPian

Yes the Ford was very long and I wonder how the owner managed to park in the building bcoz the space for getting into the building is not very much.. I spotted this car near Telephone exchange in Pune. The jeep is all wheel drive vehicle... Both the Jeep and Ford are junk pieces though..

VW - This is a van owned by a person who own a marriage hall where I am getting married this March.. This person has many vintage cars.. Once I spotted a war jeep at this hall which was surprisingly big... He seems to be a big fan of vintage cars..
Old 30th December 2007, 18:24   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Yes the Ford was very long and I wonder how the owner managed to park in the building bcoz the space for getting into the building is not very much.. I spotted this car near Telephone exchange in Pune. The jeep is all wheel drive vehicle... Both the Jeep and Ford are junk pieces though..

VW - This is a van owned by a person who own a marriage hall where I am getting married this March.. This person has many vintage cars.. Once I spotted a war jeep at this hall which was surprisingly big... He seems to be a big fan of vintage cars..
are you talking about Mr.Badamikar?
if yes then he has an AMAZING fiat 1100 elegant and an equally amazing premier president.
also he has lots of other vintage and classic cars.
Old 30th December 2007, 18:53   #9
Senior - BHPian

Oh... I thought the van belonged to Mr. Mehendale, owner of that hall.. but then Mr Badamikar is caterer attached to that hall... Hmm so it might have taken those cars to the hall.. He seems to have amazing collection...
Old 30th December 2007, 18:59   #10
BHPian

The VW was diplayed on L'meridian hotel show a few months back and it belongs to Mr Badamikar i guess,he has an amazing collection of vintage which some of them were there at the show.
Old 30th December 2007, 23:51   #11
BHPian

Yup your right...although if I recall right, the car (if the same one) looked more neglected in those pics...and the person who posted said it was used as a hangout by some drunks etc....or am I confusing it with a similar car.....?[/quote]

Yes. After looking at the rear space inside the car, one can see many empty bottels of Liquor lying around.
Old 21st September 2008, 23:38   #12
BHPian

Hope this is the correct thread. Spotted this early in the morning a few days back here in Delhi. The owner apparently drives (?) down, every dawn, to the park in the Messerschmitt for his morning walk! Pardon the tasteless blanking of the number plates, I can do better with a real brush and palette!
Attached Thumbnails
Few oldies...-mesrchmt-front.jpg  

Few oldies...-mesrchmt-rear.jpg  

Old 21st September 2008, 23:47   #13

HEHEHE...I just love the Ferrari Symbol on a Messerschmitt!! That is quite a catch prabal!!
Old 22nd September 2008, 10:54   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
Hope this is the correct thread. Spotted this early in the morning a few days back here in Delhi. The owner apparently drives (?) down, every dawn, to the park in the Messerschmitt for his morning walk! Pardon the tasteless blanking of the number plates, I can do better with a real brush and palette!
Wow what a find Prabal! I know that Vijay Mallya has a white one, and I think there is a red one in Madras. This would probably be a 3rd car in India.
Old 22nd September 2008, 12:56   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
HEHEHE...I just love the Ferrari Symbol on a Messerschmitt!! That is quite a catch prabal!!

That Messerschmit is too buggered up. i dont remember seeing the car having so much of chrome on it, it looks very neat without them(original).

But still the car worth owning for its rarity

Most Viewed