Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2010, 17:06   #316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
you can get a genuine NOS HELLA german pre67 Headlight(EURO) assembly in box .
But it is too heavy on the pocket
very well said Ajay bhai, but it can be easy to pocket if we get just the glasses, emaining assembly can be any ,will not make much difference
Old 23rd July 2010, 17:34   #317
Senior - BHPian

[quote=inderpalgill;1994076]very well said Ajay bhai, but it can be easy to pocket if we get just the glasses, emaining assembly can be any ,will not make much difference[/quote)

gill saheb,
in the short term it will not make much difference,but after 3-4 years the repro make reflectors start to lose the lustre and in humid,coastal zones like kerala it starts to rust.I know of a guy who bought a CIBIE(brazil oem) headlight assy and within 3 years this happened.

Last edited by ajay99 : 23rd July 2010 at 17:44.
Old 24th July 2010, 11:34   #318
BHPian

[quote=ajay99;1994123]
Quote:
Originally Posted by inderpalgill View Post
very well said Ajay bhai, but it can be easy to pocket if we get just the glasses, emaining assembly can be any ,will not make much difference[/quote)

gill saheb,
in the short term it will not make much difference,but after 3-4 years the repro make reflectors start to lose the lustre and in humid,coastal zones like kerala it starts to rust.I know of a guy who bought a CIBIE(brazil oem) headlight assy and within 3 years this happened.
oh ,yess that true, for the coastal areas, i forgot you guys are in humid weather, but we are lucky as we hardly find any rains, but unlucky that we cant use bugs in such scorthy heat and a car in a heat like 45 C ,without an A/C is really difficult
Old 24th July 2010, 13:47   #319
Senior - BHPian

[quote=inderpalgill;1994943]
Quote:

oh ,yess that true, for the coastal areas, i forgot you guys are in humid weather, but we are lucky as we hardly find any rains, but unlucky that we cant use bugs in such scorthy heat and a car in a heat like 45 C ,without an A/C is really difficult
true, similarly in monsoon rich south INDIA , you cannot attempt to keep bugs or old metal except in barn like enclosures
Old 26th July 2010, 17:49   #320
BANNED

[quote=inderpalgill;1994943]
Quote:

45 degrees the engine will be frying, sad, but Aircooled VW's should cool well anyways.

[quote=ajay99;1995085]
Quote:
true, similarly in monsoon rich south INDIA , you cannot attempt to keep bugs or old metal except in barn like enclosures
Everyone are not lucky enough to have a covered enclosure or Barn, But to maintain cars in the city like Bangalore is like What a great weather conditions we are blessed with.

Last weekend, drove the Bug out for over 45 kms away from the City,

Our Beloved Rudrasen, Lukeskywalker and Tifosi (Jaykrishnan) did some photoshoot, though i am yet to receive his set of pics, here are mine from my humble HTC...

Thank you all guys, for a wonderful time.

What a great drive and wonderful locations.
Attached Thumbnails
My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-38673_478229509895_554919895_6673995_235932_n.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_0120.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_0111.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-imag_0112.jpg  

Old 31st July 2010, 23:31   #321
BANNED

Quote:
very well said Ajay bhai, but it can be easy to pocket if we get just the glasses, emaining assembly can be any ,will not make much difference
[quote=ajay99;1994123]
Quote:
very well said Ajay bhai, but it can be easy to pocket if we get just the glasses, emaining assembly can be any ,will not make much difference[/quote)

gill saheb,
'

When you put an honest effort, they say " All the forces of the Nature make sure, your Effort does not go in Vain, whatever has to come to you will come"

Pics speaks louder than words....
Attached Thumbnails
My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-img_2034.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-img_2036.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-img_2037.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-img_2039.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-img_1920.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-img_1926.jpg  

Old 31st July 2010, 23:35   #322
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Pavan.. Good luck and Original VW parts are showering on you these days.

The pics of photoshoot are awesome!
Old 1st August 2010, 08:54   #323

Great photos of some great VWs-look forward to seeing some more-
Beetle looks especially good
Old 1st August 2010, 23:14   #324
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Wow! Pavan.. Good luck and Original VW parts are showering on you these days.

The pics of photoshoot are awesome!
Thank you sir...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
Great photos of some great VWs-look forward to seeing some more-
Beetle looks especially good
Thank you very much, it runs better than the way it looks.

What do you say about 130+ kmph on that car even today. It can lick any other car half its age, in terms of acceleration.

And the Baywindow.. Its the most comfy cruiser i've ever been in. Again even that can do 110 kmph.

And my friends Splitty, just fresh off the restoration, need some work.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 1st August 2010 at 23:16.
Old 2nd August 2010, 10:32   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Thank you sir...

Thank you very much, it runs better than the way it looks.

What do you say about 130+ kmph on that car even today. It can lick any other car half its age, in terms of acceleration.

And the Baywindow.. Its the most comfy cruiser i've ever been in. Again even that can do 110 kmph.

And my friends Splitty, just fresh off the restoration, need some work.
congrats for a wonderfull set of glasses, this will change the look entirely, do remember to add a rubber seal, to help waterproof the reflector inside,and the baywindow ride i agree 100%, they just give a feel like riding a boat in water, real floating feel,enjoy the drives, relish life, keep smiling take care
Old 3rd August 2010, 07:54   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
congrats for a wonderfull set of glasses, this will change the look entirely, do remember to add a rubber seal, to help waterproof the reflector inside,and the baywindow ride i agree 100%, they just give a feel like riding a boat in water, real floating feel,enjoy the drives, relish life, keep smiling take care
the glasses are indeed HELLA german,but it is the clear lens variety which is for the american specs headlight
the correct headlights,lens are shown in the photos below.
also are you sure that the lens shown in the photo is NOS??
Attached Thumbnails
My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-byplzmw2kkgrhqiokneew9ctuve9bmsshwirfq_12.jpg  

My 1967 1500cc VW Beetle - Restoration done-byplhgbgkkgrhqeokkmewoqohdowbmsshytiww_12.jpg  

Old 4th August 2010, 15:52   #327
BHPian

Quote:
the glasses are indeed HELLA german,but it is the clear lens variety which is for the american specs headlight
aah thats true, but they are atleast better than the desi glasses,some times we dont have a wide variety of choice,and the cars keep on restoring as we get parts from here and there after a long wait and hunt period,
Old 4th August 2010, 17:24   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
aah thats true, but they are atleast better than the desi glasses,some times we dont have a wide variety of choice,and the cars keep on restoring as we get parts from here and there after a long wait and hunt period,
as a matter of fact many of these genuine OEM german parts are still available,but the price may be a bit of deterrent especially for restorers on a budget

Last edited by ajay99 : 4th August 2010 at 17:26.
Old 4th August 2010, 23:22   #329
BANNED

Quote:
Thank you sirjee....!

Quote:
It is "NOS" indeed. The assembly in your pics look like repo units, though they have Hella markings.

Quote:
Correct sir, I waited for 4 months while importing original Plug wires, Nothing came, and had to do way with an Indian brand sold by MGP (A.S.C by Maruti) meant for Esteem.

Quote:
as a matter of fact many of these genuine OEM german parts are still available,but the price may be a bit of deterrent especially for restorers on a budget
Atleast i cant afford parts at such prices, hope someday, i will be able to.
Old 5th August 2010, 09:56   #330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Thank you sirjee....!

It is "NOS" indeed. The assembly in your pics look like repo units, though they have Hella markings.
I dont know what exactly you mean by "repo'' assume that you meant REPRO units .They are genuine HELLA german assy and I got this photo from ebay where the item(pair) was sold for GBP255 few days ago.
Hope no one will buy repro units for such a high price.
Also it will be really nice if you could please say what made you think they are not genuine HELLA???

Most Viewed