Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2008, 11:00   #1
BHPian

Where can I get a MI or MII amby engine

I have heard from a friend of mine that there are quiet a few MarkI/MarkII ambys in around Vijayawada/Guntur area fitted with BMC/Trekker or Matador engines. I want to buy one of these and replace the engine with a original one. Does anyone know where I can get a original engine. help.
Old 11th January 2008, 14:33   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automannj View Post
I have heard from a friend of mine that there are quiet a few MarkI/MarkII ambys in around Vijayawada/Guntur area fitted with BMC/Trekker or Matador engines. I want to buy one of these and replace the engine with a original one. Does anyone know where I can get a original engine. help.
In all probabilty it would be more cost effective to buy an Amby still running on the original petrol engine. They go for peanuts, as the demand is for Ambys already converted to diesel. It shouldnt be too difficult to find a 60s/70s Petrol Amby.

A diesel Amby sells at a premiuim. A petrol engine would be another 6-8k (?), add to that cost of transplant.
Old 11th January 2008, 14:44   #3
BANNED

The place is hardly 12 hour train journy from Hydrabad, go there you'll get plenty of Ambys from mark 1-4, the name of that place is Bhilai(Chattisgarh) famous for its Steel Plant.
Old 11th January 2008, 23:00   #4
Senior - BHPian

As karl has said, getting a petrol amby would be cheaper, as nobody really wants them. The diesel ones are still in demand, and will most probably have most of the original trim bits changed too. And the hassle of getting a correct petrol engine, installing it successfully, getting it endorsed by the rto, etc etc is just not worth the effort!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks