Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2008, 11:23   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomUsername View Post
I'm leaving for goa to pick it up in about 20 minutes!
That's great news.

School chakkar?? Keep us posted, looking forward to it.
Old 24th January 2008, 14:21   #17
BHPian

soooooo many bugs in one place !!! where on earth is it ...can we locate the place from Google map ?????
Old 24th January 2008, 18:22   #18
Senior - BHPian

Anoop Thakur is an old hand at restoration of VWs. He is also a VW guru. Was situated in Bandra till a few years ago but has shifted since deeper into the suburbs. Does it mainly for hobby but grew to be a full on business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
talikng about microbusses...there was one rotting near ruia college in dadar for ages...it seems to have dissappeared now...there is one golf rotting away as well...
Yes Cyrus. That belonged to a friend of mine. He had 3 busses. One he scrapped and two he sold at scrap value. He also had as they say, two "Pet-Pack" engines which he gave away. Its crazy that at the time I was just in college and did not have funds to retreive any of those.
A few months ago an original Variant was sold with two trunks-full of spares from the next building. I never even knew it was for sale.
That Golf was featured else where on the forum and is for sale. If interested, let me know. It was fixed and running and is again left to rot.
Old 24th January 2008, 18:59   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Anoop Thakur is an old hand at restoration of VWs. He is also a VW guru. Was situated in Bandra till a few years ago but has shifted since deeper into the suburbs. Does it mainly for hobby but grew to be a full on business.

Yes Cyrus. That belonged to a friend of mine. He had 3 busses. One he scrapped and two he sold at scrap value. He also had as they say, two "Pet-Pack" engines which he gave away. Its crazy that at the time I was just in college and did not have funds to retreive any of those.
A few months ago an original Variant was sold with two trunks-full of spares from the next building. I never even knew it was for sale.
That Golf was featured else where on the forum and is for sale. If interested, let me know. It was fixed and running and is again left to rot.
this golf is the grey one right? the one that stands outside manis idli restaurant...at least that is the one i am talking about...
Old 25th January 2008, 21:34   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
That's great news.

School chakkar?? Keep us posted, looking forward to it.
We left from goa at 5 in the morning, in the van, and we arrived a while back, we'll be bringing it at the vw rally that is being held tomorrow
Old 26th January 2008, 03:16   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
this golf is the grey one right? the one that stands outside manis idli restaurant...at least that is the one i am talking about...
Wrong. It is a cream one and it does stand outside Mani's. Look again its cream and parked across the road in the building opposite MAni's.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks