Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2008, 22:58   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
....and an Austin Healey which he has sold too...
Yup it was a lovely car, now with Ravi Prakash in Bangalore.
Old 31st January 2008, 10:33   #17

i was supposed to go to fallis garage in lonavala for a tour of is cars..his brothers son is a very good friend of mine and was supposed to take me there..god knows wat happened to that plan
Old 31st January 2008, 12:38   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Yep! and he still is! Not very active though.
Here we go. Its Peeve!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/peeve.html

So tell us more about the car Peeve. It must be one of its kind in the country.
Old 31st January 2008, 13:22   #19
BHPian

[
An X1/9 was recently spotted here

[/quote]
hey, the 124 was with me couple of years back, sold it to a friend in coimbatore, looks like the car has undergone some changes since i last had it. the dash was orignal, looks tampered. 71 convert: the x 1/9 ( red) was also with me, sold that too 5 years bk. I could get u the phone no. or the guy who bought my 124, he may be able to lead you on to the car.
Old 31st January 2008, 13:38   #20
BHPian

interesting , i did have that car with me couple of years back, in fact i still have a spare close ratio gear box, and some assorted spares
Old 31st January 2008, 19:09   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat001 View Post
interesting , i did have that car with me couple of years back, in fact i still have a spare close ratio gear box, and some assorted spares
Did you also have the x1/9 also in a shed in Wilson Gardens ?
Old 31st January 2008, 20:21   #22
Senior - BHPian

i think this car was on ebay for sale about 6 mths ago asking price 3.5l
Old 1st February 2008, 06:12   #23
BHPian

Hi Karl,
Yes the cars is still with me.Its in almost original condition.The guy I pikced it up from had done a done a bad job on the barkes and steering front.It has wire wheels and disc brakes on all around.The engine was overlhauled ,suspesion was also redone.Brakes are not perfect yet.The engine is a twin cam 1600 cc. 108 bhp engine...and is presently running smooth.I was thinking of converting to twin weber carb set up..but never got to work on the car much due to work constraints...the seats are the original viny seats, the roof lining is not original.The wood veneer o the dash wasl also changed by the previous owner.. .all meters are now working.Got all my parts from International Auto Parts...in the US.I have to now change the brake servo and the calipers.The calipers are badly mutilated by the some mechanic earlier..The main problem here is no good place to do all this ......I think I will have to switch careers soon...
Thanx Karl ....
Old 4th February 2008, 19:59   #24
BHPian

Here're some pics of my last spider. I found this in a junk yard looking pretty bad, but actually turned out to be pretty solid underneath. Even the paint cleaned up pretty well.

sorry for pic size... these were already in my photobucket

byas
Old 4th February 2008, 20:26   #25
BHPian

While in a yard looking for parts for my first car I spotted this one in the yard with what looked like severe neglect or flood damage or both. But, it seemed it would clean up, so picked it up as a fun drive for my wife.

It turned out to be pretty complete -- even had the original papers in the glovebox. Got it towed home, but then it sat there like an eyesore in my apartment bldg for a while as I lost interest/time for a while. It sat for about a year or 2 before I really got to work on it. New fuel tank, pump, cleaned out injectors, rebuilt the disti, timed the valves and replaced worn rubber components, redid some electrical and it was running pretty well.

On my prev spider we had a near miss while driving thru the Sierra foothills late one evening and while taking a turn pretty fast (70+mph), the front wheel came off -- luckily it was the left side one and it pulled out of the lower A-arm bolt causing the car to veer left and onto the opposite lane and onto the hillside -- rather than going off to the right and off the hill.

Anyway... after that I decided any car I get I will make sure all mechanicals are 100%. The bolts used to hold the lower A-arm are welded into the front engine cross member on these cars. These tend to get cracks around the bolts and in this particular case pulled one of the bolts right out. So on this car I cleaned out the crossmember carefully checked for cracks and then to be double sure had it welded again.

The paint cleaned out really well (all original as u see except the front hood) and I did redid the interior carpets and seats.

The shot right on top is a couple of days before I sold the car.

B
Old 4th February 2008, 22:38   #26
Senior - BHPian

cool, you mean this car is in bangalore?

its great you could give this car a life
Old 19th March 2009, 14:21   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

GTO spotted this 124 spider (?) the other day. It is in great unrestored condition, part of a Lonavala based collection.
Attached Thumbnails
Any Fiat 124 Spiders in India?-01.jpg  

Any Fiat 124 Spiders in India?-02.jpg  

Any Fiat 124 Spiders in India?-03.jpg  

Any Fiat 124 Spiders in India?-04.jpg  

Last edited by karlosdeville : 19th March 2009 at 14:25.
Old 19th March 2009, 14:48   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
GTO spotted this 124 spider (?) the other day. It is in great unrestored condition, part of a Lonavala based collection.
A similar car was spotted at MAI Rally in Pune year before last.
Or was it the same car?
Old 19th March 2009, 15:09   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
A similar car was spotted at MAI Rally in Pune year before last.
Or was it the same car?
Yes it is the same. It was recently featured on NDTV good times where the owner Fali Dhondhy mentioned it was in original paint, upholstry, top etc.
Old 19th March 2009, 15:14   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Um, not that Im aware of. Belongs to Fali Dhondhy, collection includes a 20s Rolls and Ford T, lovely Pagoda Merc, Ferrari 308 etc etc. He also had a similar era Alfa Romeo Spyder, im told he sold that though.

Actually Fali Uncle had 2 Alfa Romeo Spyders, both 1st series with rounded rear and both sold. One is in Chennai.
BTW, Fiat X19 is still in Bangalore. That car has been travelling around India changing owners in between. There were another 2 in Mumbai, one was taken back, the other? Gogi, the black one which was lying on the bandh. Any idea what happened to it?

OOPS, I opened this thread directly from the subforum, it opened on page 1 and so pretty old. But info is correct. X19 still in Bangalore

Last edited by harit : 19th March 2009 at 15:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks