Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Drat!! there goes my chance of acquiring a Beetle

Like this pic here.!!
Aah my next car isnt that Gogi?
Old 2nd May 2008, 09:32   #107
Senior - BHPian

Where can i get?

Dear friends,

I have 1963 Fiat 1100. I want to ask you all guys where can i get the original manual of the car?

Please re-ply to me on this post itself.
Old 12th May 2008, 12:11   #108
Senior - BHPian

This is a !967 Fiat 1100r 'Abarth' which was recently purchased by my friend. I searched a lot but couldn't find a 1100R abarth anywhere. This one has a twin cam twin carb setup. Experts, can u shed some light on this??
Attached Thumbnails
Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-1100r.jpg  

Old 12th May 2008, 12:28   #109
Team-BHP Support

Good ol wiki shows this Image:Fiat 1100-R.JPG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

from this page Fiat 1100 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 12th May 2008, 13:27   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

That's a normal 1100R. I'm talking about the 'Abarth' version!!
Old 12th May 2008, 13:46   #111

Now that is a RARE car!! Good one buddy. Twin Cam Twin Carb!!! Must be a bomb. And probably the obly Abarth in the country??
Old 12th May 2008, 15:45   #112
Senior - BHPian

That looks more like a home made job as the front lip spoiler with integrated fog lights never cam into style/read did not exist in the 1100 ira...check any arbath styling and the date this car was manufactured you will find not single car of the same ira with integrated foglamps within the front lip..this is more early 80's style previous to which all lights were sperately hinged/proturded.

1100's cam with twincam engines I have seen a host of them in Mumbai and one in Goa till early 2000 as for the dual carbs..it could be a retro fit. Don't get me wrong the car looks hot but I doubt the authenticity some more pics could give us a better clue...Arbath badges and modifying cars in those days was the best we could all do.

Abarths also had sport steering wheels smaller this one seems to have the orignal large diameter

Last edited by Zappo : 12th May 2008 at 17:23. Reason: Please do not break up a post into multiple ones unnecessarily. If required use the edit button rather than making yet anothe
Old 12th May 2008, 15:55   #113
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
That's a normal 1100R. I'm talking about the 'Abarth' version!!
My point was it might NOT be a Abarth, definitely the modification to front are not even original.
Old 12th May 2008, 16:03   #114
Senior - BHPian

I never claimed this is an original Abarthj or anything! That's what the owner has said too. I searched a lot, but didn't find any info on a 1100R abarth, neither did Dr karl! That's why i posted it here.
Old 12th May 2008, 16:32   #115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I never claimed this is an original Abarthj or anything! That's what the owner has said too. I searched a lot, but didn't find any info on a 1100R abarth, neither did Dr karl! That's why i posted it here.
Good news for me, i didnt stand a chance against you guys

Anyways atleast tell your friend to bring the front back to original form, and kill that pink color!!
Old 12th May 2008, 17:23   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Geez, that car looks ghastly! While it appears to be a genuine 'R' or Rinnovato (am I right Ram?), it has been obviously locally modded. I still doubt that twin carbs were offered on the R, am not sure about twin cams. I thought it continued a slightly tweaked regular 1100 engine with a single Weber DCOE. I could be wrong. I think you can tell your friend he's been had!

Also, I see on the wiki link posted earlier, the picture of the supposed 1100R is incorrect, a European 1100D, probably a German spec Neckar or NSU is pictured.

Image:Fiat 1100R aus Garmisch mit Reisebus.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Any more pics JayD?
Old 21st May 2008, 12:28   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Karl - this will bring a smile to your face. It was worth all the things I went to, to restore MRY3112:
Yesterday evening I took out my precious MRY3112 and drove sedately to Devlali near Nasik. Some very good friends who have fiats in Devlali (a pristine 1974 President and a 1960 select) wanted to see my car. I parked outside their shop on the main road and the comments I got in those 10 minutes that the car was there really made my day. They were floored. There was this very gentle old man who said (zindagi dekhi, bahut gaadiyan dekhi lekin is condition mein pehli baar dekh haha hoon. Khushi hoti hai. Sirji - maan gaye !). It made the whole exercise worthwhile.

this one's still better - I was driving inside the Devlali cantonment when a Kinetic Honda comes next to my window and requests me to stop - "sirji, my name is Vishal. I am from Devlali. I deal in seconhand cars. This is an Italian model. If you want to sell -----". "NO WAY", I retorted. "sorry sir, sorry sir" ----- and he zoomed off.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 21st May 2008, 13:51   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Geez, that car looks ghastly! While it appears to be a genuine 'R' or Rinnovato (am I right Ram?)
Well if you dont mind Shyam answering instead of Ram , I recall reading that the R stands for Rinnovata (which'd mean renovated, although I wish they'd retained the tail-fins! :sigh:!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
this one's still better - I was driving inside the Devlali cantonment when a Kinetic Honda comes next to my window and requests me to stop - "sirji, my name is Vishal. I am from Devlali. I deal in seconhand cars. This is an Italian model. If you want to sell -----". "NO WAY", I retorted. "sorry sir, sorry sir" ----- and he zoomed off.
Good one!
I can imagine your expression when you'd said that- bet he couldnt get that even from an Armywallah in indignation!

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Technocrat : 21st May 2008 at 14:28.
Old 21st May 2008, 22:09   #119

It was worth seeing that guys expression. I was laughing all evening..Here are some new pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-dsc01941.jpg  

Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-dsc01942.jpg  

Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-dsc01943.jpg  

Old 22nd May 2008, 09:48   #120
Senior - BHPian

DHABHAR.BEHRAM Sir,

Can we all plan a long drive in our car?
To some place for overnight. (Long Drive)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Hey Karl - this will bring a smile to your face. It was worth all the things I went to, to restore MRY3112:
Yesterday evening I took out my precious MRY3112 and drove sedately to Devlali near Nasik. Some very good friends who have fiats in Devlali (a pristine 1974 President and a 1960 select) wanted to see my car. I parked outside their shop on the main road and the comments I got in those 10 minutes that the car was there really made my day. They were floored. There was this very gentle old man who said (zindagi dekhi, bahut gaadiyan dekhi lekin is condition mein pehli baar dekh haha hoon. Khushi hoti hai. Sirji - maan gaye !). It made the whole exercise worthwhile.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks