Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2008, 17:57   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
this is Ronnie's car.

@President - congrats. she is beautiful and well maintained.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Indeed she is. Ronnie is in trouble, the car is currently in my possession and I doubt I'll let go of it

Since When!! Is this that sadhu baba's car you had once shown me and dad??
Old 19th September 2008, 18:43   #152
BHPian

Millicento

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Since When!! Is this that sadhu baba's car you had once shown me and dad??
Yes indeed! It was Sadhu Baba's car, but now it is Rony Baba's car!
And currently it is with Karl Baba.

What say, Cyrus Baba?

Last edited by President : 19th September 2008 at 18:46.
Old 19th September 2008, 18:50   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
Yes indeed! It was Sadhu Baba's car, but now it is Rony Baba's car!
And currently it is with Karl Baba.

What say, Cyrus Baba?
Very nice Roni baba!!! Now you will have to go through the process of undoing the Madness that the guy has done!! This is the same car that has the extended chassis isnt it??
Old 19th September 2008, 18:53   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Very nice Roni baba!!! Now you will have to go through the process of undoing the Madness that the guy has done!! This is the same car that has the extended chassis isnt it??
I wouldn't call it madness. The chassis has been strengthened at various strategic points with reinforcements extending to the rear. It really can't cause much harm I'd think. The entire excersise has been carried out with precision and adhering to scientific reasoning. It needn't be undone, atleast not for the time being.

Last edited by karlosdeville : 19th September 2008 at 18:54.
Old 19th September 2008, 19:09   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I wouldn't call it madness. The chassis has been strengthened at various strategic points with reinforcements extending to the rear. It really can't cause much harm I'd think. The entire excersise has been carried out with precision and adhering to scientific reasoning. It needn't be undone, atleast not for the time being.
I fully agree with Karl Baba, and I would say that it (the galvanised flooring/chassis) is one of the plus points in this car. After all, it is done with such refinement and years of experience that I would feel guilty to even think about messing with it.

This is an exclusive millicento with extra ordinary touches, which I am sure that most GURUS here will appreciate.

Karl Baba, once again Thank-you very much for this wonderful find.

Last edited by President : 19th September 2008 at 19:15.
Old 19th September 2008, 21:25   #156
Senior - BHPian

President, this is an extraordinarily beautiful surprise boss !! When are you getting her here ?? I MUST see her !
Old 24th September 2008, 23:04   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Roni

but...

No, not one more Oreegeenal car, Roni, Cyrus please leave one

good car for potential buyers.
Old 24th September 2008, 23:54   #158

KAvesh, you lazy bum, first you come to the FCCCI meets!! Then we will think wether we shall leavo some cars for you or not!!
Old 25th September 2008, 09:54   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations Rony Baba on acquiring BYH2166. It is one of the most original cars I have seen. I had my eye on it but I never knew that Sadhu Baba would let it go. Good buy.

My recommendation would be to revert to the original chassis once again as the stiffening done will not allow any body articulation and will lead to body cracks in the long run as also body vibration and boom noise. As this car is not used much, it is not showing. Anyways, it is your final decision. It is quite possible that you will not use it much, then you can just leave it alone.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2008, 11:58   #160
BHPian

My recommendation would be to revert to the original chassis once again as the stiffening done will not allow any body articulation and will lead to body cracks in the long run as also body vibration and boom noise. As this car is not used much, it is not showing. Anyways, it is your final decision. It is quite possible that you will not use it much, then you can just leave it alone.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar[/quote]

Yes, a question in this same context was lingering in my mind. Will ask you when I see you.
Old 26th September 2008, 13:07   #161
BHPian

Fiat Millecento

Saw this Millecento at Chennai many months back. Few things like the Tail Lights (of a Fiat Elegant), the front Park lenses (of some other vehicle?), the seats and door pads etc., didn't seem to be original (I may be totally wrong here). But the horn Button, the Millecento Logo on the dashboard, the headlights etc really caught my eyes. There was an Ac fitted inside too.
Attached Thumbnails
Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-img00086.jpg  

Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-img00085.jpg  

Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-img00087.jpg  

Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-img00088.jpg  

Restored Fiats (Super Select & Others)-img00089.jpg  

Last edited by suren181 : 26th September 2008 at 13:08.
Old 26th September 2008, 22:18   #162
Senior - BHPian

Look at those lovely original window winder handles ! She seems a cared for and in use car.. Can someone find out if she's for sale ?!?
Old 26th September 2008, 22:48   #163

Those Handles are the ivory ones. Arent they Karl?? Also, I just love that Millicento Plaque thingy on the Left side of the Dashboard!! Seems to be a VERY original car indeed!
Old 26th September 2008, 23:02   #164
BHPian

BYH 2166 Fiat Millicento

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Congratulations Rony Baba on acquiring BYH2166. It is one of the most original cars I have seen. I had my eye on it but I never knew that Sadhu Baba would let it go. Good buy.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
@BEHRAM: Thank-you for your appreciation and valuable comments.

Actually, I had not taken the modified chassis so seriously at the time of purchase. As you mentioned the car body and fittings were SOH ORIGINAL that I got obsessed and finalised on the spot after seeking moral support from Karl.
Today, I was in Pune again, (as I was longing to drive her which I did, besides the passing and NOC that was to be completed) and had a closer look in detail at the flooring and I myself felt that it may need some attention to get back to originality.
And NOW, when I am hearing the actual technical drawbacks of this modification from a professional Mr. Dhabhar, I must thank-you again for enligtening me and convincing me to revert back to originality which I plan to do in due course of time.
However, since BYH 2166 is presently in the BEST condition amongst my other FIATS to be resored, she will have to wait in line as her turn comes "LAST". Until then we keep preserving and enjoying her possession.
I am planning to get the PRESIDENT out of the monsoon hibernation very soon and attend to her pending restoration ASAP. Next in line will be the SELECT MTJ 5722 which are the two first FIATS that I schedule to complete by January 09. If there is sufficient time we shall take the 3rd one and try to finish her before next monsoon. And so on............ Will stay in touch.cheers:
Old 28th September 2008, 01:36   #165
Senior - BHPian

Welcome O Ronnie's Millicento to the Fiat collector's abode.
Congrats Ronnie on this exceptional buy (and Karl for finding it)
Leave it as it is right now, except with a coat of polish. Those Wheel caps are to die for.

Most Viewed